Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#271796 09/22/16 07:47 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
After a rather lengthy vacation out-of-state with limited internet access I am back! grin Many thanks to the FoLC's who have sent PM's asking me when the next part would be posted.

Apparently most of those who have commented all agree Lana is a piece of work, but how does everyone feel about Gregory Daae and Jasper (Tempus) Templar? This writer would love to get the reader's opinion.

Since this part would have been posted earlier, it is going up today. It is much shorter than my usual postings, but it should give readers a chance to catch their breath. Part Thirteen will be up tomorrow as per the usual schedule. dance

Last edited by Morgana; 09/26/16 05:01 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
When I read this chapter I saw a man with signs of PTSD. Most of the time we associate this malady with combat or some sort of violence but PTSD can manifest itself after any traumatic event and the way the news got to Clark of Lana's betrayal certainly could be considered traumatic. By portraying Clark this way it will take some time before he will be ready for any sort of a romantic relationship with Lois. Lois will need to tread lightly for a while.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

When I read this chapter I saw a man with signs of PTSD. Most of the time we associate this malady with combat or some sort of violence but PTSD can manifest itself after any traumatic event and the way the news got to Clark of Lana's betrayal certainly could be considered traumatic. By portraying Clark this way it will take some time before he will be ready for any sort of a romantic relationship with Lois. Lois will need to tread lightly for a while.

Very perceptive of you. Clark has suffered a terrible shock, the absolute last thing he expected to have happened to him. After all, he was going to ask this traitorous woman to marry him. Wayne Irig is correct in saying Clark was tossed over like a dented can of corn, that too will play on his self-esteem.

Lois will indeed need to be considerate of his feelings and be very patient with him on a romantic level. Professionally? That shall be a rather different matter. whistle

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I just read everything over the past few days, and am now eager for more!

In response to your question, I find Daae an interesting character. I wonder whether his evilness is basically focused around his business dealings, or if he's like Luthor with the street crime on the side. (Well, obviously his evilness extends to his personal dealings, what with the camp chair.)

Templar doesn't have me quite as intrigued, but I always find Tempus a bit hard to take seriously. I do think it's interesting to see him with long-range plans -- and ones that don't even revolve around Superman!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Morgana smile...

I've been wanting to catch up on the boards, and now, finally, I have a bit of time today to let you know how much I enjoyed this chapter clap.

I agree--that it was very perseptive of Mike to pick up so accurately on how Clark is dealing with the Lana situation. Lana did so many evil things to him and on so many levels--and utmost dumped Clark in front of the world. The hurt, the embarrassment. Eveything. He definitely needs time to process and heal.

I'm really curious why Lana is at Clark's apartment. What's done is done--she'd have to realize that the news would have reached Clark by now. I'm hoping it's just to talk things through, try (even though it makes no sense) to explain to Clark her reasoning for behaving how she did. I'm hoping Clark can get a lot of things 'out there' and release some pent up frustration. But part of me is also a little nervous--Lana knows about Clark, and now Lana is married to someone with a lot of power. Not a good combination!

I'm hoping that Clark can find comfort in Lois' friendship. He needs a friend right now...

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AmyPrime

In response to your question, I find Daae an interesting character. I wonder whether his evilness is basically focused around his business dealings, or if he's like Luthor with the street crime on the side. (Well, obviously his evilness extends to his personal dealings, what with the camp chair.)

Templar doesn't have me quite as intrigued, but I always find Tempus a bit hard to take seriously. I do think it's interesting to see him with long-range plans -- and ones that don't even revolve around Superman!

Daae is a businessman - with an evil side. He is dangerous, in some ways more so than Lex because he uses his company to twist the news to serve his own ends. Lana pursued him as much as he pursued her. We shall see how the marriage evolves.

Yup, Tempus can be a little bit much at times, but since he is stuck in this world he is going to do whatever it takes to make it his.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

I really appreciate how you are so consistent with making comments despite a busy schedule! It always makes me smile when your initials flash up on the board. dance

I'm really curious why Lana is at Clark's apartment. What's done is done--she'd have to realize that the news would have reached Clark by now. I'm hoping it's just to talk things through, try (even though it makes no sense) to explain to Clark her reasoning for behaving how she did. I'm hoping Clark can get a lot of things 'out there' and release some pent up frustration. But part of me is also a little nervous--Lana knows about Clark, and now Lana is married to someone with a lot of power. Not a good combination!

As I am sure you are aware by now just why Lana showed up. She wanted to end her relationship with Clark because of her husband and she wanted to distance herself from the would be superhero, just in case anything bad might happen.

At one time Lana did care for Clark, but once the luxury and ease of Daae's world beckoned she decided it was better to be the wife of a very wealthy man and have her dreams fulfilled than be the wife of a common newspaper reporter and still have those dreams.

Yes, Daae has a great deal of power and Lana is in possession of an explosive secret -- definitely not a combination that bodes well for Clark Kent.

Morgana

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Morgana posted:

It always makes me smile when your initials flash up on the board. dance

Awww--thank you! You made my day with that comment grin .

And posted this:

Yes, Daae has a great deal of power and Lana is in possession of an explosive secret -- definitely not a combination that bodes well for Clark Kent.

eek notworthy That's definitely what has me nervous! Such a great story!

And--woo hoo! jump --I see another chapter has posted...

Gotta go wave
Laura (yeah...you know what I'll be up to now wink )

Last edited by LMA; 09/30/16 12:53 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Clark got screwed, but he's the one suffering. I really want to know if Lana feels even one ounce of remorse for doing him wrong. They were friends for years, a committed couple for some time, and yet her moral character is so weak that the temptation of a rich and easy life was enough to cause her to throw something real and true away. Sigh...I understand Clark's reaction, but I hope he'll quickly see that getting dumped was the best thing that ever happened to him. Glad he has some friends and family to rely on in this universe, even though his parents are gone.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Clark got screwed, but he's the one suffering. I really want to know if Lana feels even one ounce of remorse for doing him wrong.

In a word ... no. The previous chapters show that Lana is more interested in material things and status than a real relationship. But at one time she did have feelings for him.

Glad he has some friends and family to rely on in this universe, even though his parents are gone.

That was one thing which we did not see in the series, whether Alt-Clark had friends to rely on. From what I gather, he did not, which is why H.G. Wells felt so badly for him. The young man was truly alone. So I decided that Wayne and Mary Irig as well as Pete Ross would represent the basis of a support group for him.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“How much time does it take to get over something like this?” Clark asked

“It’ll take as long as it takes,” he smiled grimly and continued,

I like that he has Wayne to turn to. Very good giving him a support system through him.
“Lana!” He couldn’t keep the bitterness out of his voice. “What are you doing here?”

He heard the sharp click of a lamp switch and then suddenly the living room exploded into life. Standing by the couch was Lana Lang-Daae.

The exquisitely turned out woman before him bore very little resemblance to the upwardly mobile professional girl who’d departed on a simple, yet important museum assignment for Zurich two months earlier. In her place stood a fashionably attired young woman of means; from her perfectly coiffed hair and make-up to the delicate night blooming floral scent of the classical French perfume, Guerlain Shalimar.

She smiled, and without a hint of remorse said, “To see you of course.”

Oh, hellllllll NO! Kick her out NOW!!!!

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard