Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Comments go here! hyper

Thanks for continuing to read. My muse apparently took a vacation to cooler weather and is now back. We had the longest hottest summer on record since 1947 (South Carolina). Usually we have a few days of hot weather then it drops back into the 80s. This year it's been mid to high 90s not cooling off at night from June until this past week.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. Sad that Clark didn't take any of the several openings you arranged to enlighten Lois. Loved seeing Lois back on track instead of being blind.

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Cuidadora,

Another fun part. I liked how you had Clark not sure how much of the fight was an act until he saw Lois smile. I'm also enjoying the balancing act you are doing with using so much from canon while still deviating from it so much.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I started my FDK last night, but a power blip caused my computer to shut down and lose everything I had written. I apologize for the delay. Let's see if I can recall what I had written.

Wow. Lots happening in this part. I had to go back to the previous part to recall that it had ended merely with Lois and Clark hugging (and her crying) and not with them kissing. blush (wishful thinking on my part, I guess).

So, Lois hasn't admitted to Clark yet what she discovered during her soul-search when she discovered how much Luthor was influencing her life.

Clark has fractured his personality into yet another persona. Will he be able to maintain this disguise for long as it's so close (in appearance) to Clark? I hope he doesn't lose more of himself with the addition of this new role in his life.

He and Lois are getting closer, but still not close enough for him to trust her with the truth. I can understand this, not 24 hours earlier she was seriously considering to marry Luthor. I predict that once Lois learns of this new deception, she's going to go nuclear with her anger level. At least, Kal is not trying to be a third persona (just another aspect of his Superman persona), still... I can see Lois feeling like this as proof that he doesn't trust her even though she has been open and honest to him (mostly and only for the past 24 hours... but still, this is Lois and she lives by this double-standard). Although, on the other hand, revealing Kal to Lois is letting her know about another aspect of Superman's life that he's never revealed to anyone else (save the Kents), so in a way it is an honor. Will Lois see it that way, though?

Will they bring Jimmy and Perry into their investigation? I'm glad they decided to bring in, at least, Henderson. They need others on their side. Although, with Luthor's vendetta against Lois and Clark (jealousy?), anyone else who becomes involved surely will also be putting their lives at risk.

Luthor has gone to Def-con 4 with his reaction to Lois's rejection. He really doesn't want her out and about without his influence over her. This is really common in abusive relationships. Does he consider her that much of an liability to his success, or does he think that she lied to him about her feelings for Superman? Perhaps he considers her more important to Superman than she says Superman is to her (Superman loves her without her returning his love) and therefore, she would still be a good pawn to use in his "game" against Superman. Despite her and Clark's "fight" and the so-called end of their friendship, Luthor is determined to ruin him. He's become obsessed and thus, out of control!

I love all the chess references. It really works well with HoL and this plot line.

How are you going to wind up this whole plot line within one more part?! jawdrop There's so much going on.

How will Clark react to Lois's Ordinary Guy theory? /nibbles on my fingernails in anticipation/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow, Cuidadora! notworthy hail

You sure do have a way of cutting these chapters off right when I'm dying to read more! help jump You're going to have me on pins and needles until you post again wondering what Clark will say to Lois' question--I'm going all over the place with my guesses at his response.

I'm glad Lois and Clark are back to normal. Caring about each other, working together. They definitely make the best team smile.

I'm curious how long Lois will not be able to recognize Kal. The civilian clothing, interacting with Lois in more of a 'normal' way...I know she thinks he's Superman, but I can't help but wondering when the ball will 'drop' and she'll see Clark looking back at her. Superman being out of the suit, IMO, really changes a lot of how different Clark/Superman are wink.

One part left and so many wonderful things to (hopefully) resolve. Excited to see how you do it smile.

Awesome!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Framework4
Delightful part. Sad that Clark didn't take any of the several openings you arranged to enlighten Lois. Loved seeing Lois back on track instead of being blind.

Hi Framework4!

The end of this part is less than 48 hours since Lois rejected Clark in the park, while seriously considering Lex Luthor's proposal. While they've made great strides, Clark is not yet ready to tell her everything. After hearing the plans Luthor made with Mrs. Cox, he's also preparing himself for battle. Is he ready to potentially also do battle with an upset Lois if he reveals himself? At this point he's trying to avoid that confrontation until after they resolve the issues with Luthor. How successful he is will be explained in the final part.

Glad you like Lois, who isn't blind to Lex throughout this story. With Superman not outright rejecting her and hinting that Lex is dangerous, she was able to logically think about who Lex really may be under his urbane charm.

Thanks for reading and commenting! smile1

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Lynn!

Originally Posted by Lynn S.M.
Another fun part. I liked how you had Clark not sure how much of the fight was an act until he saw Lois smile. I'm also enjoying the balancing act you are doing with using so much from canon while still deviating from it so much.

I'm glad that you liked Clark's uncertainty and Lois reassuring him. Sometimes things said in anger can't be taken back, but in this case they both needed reassurance that the fight was faked. I am having fun playing with canon to see how it can be tweaked to fit this story, and am glad you think it's working.

Thanks for reading & commenting! smile1

Cuidadora

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Virginia!

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I started my FDK last night, but a power blip caused my computer to shut down and lose everything I had written. I apologize for the delay. Let's see if I can recall what I had written.

I hate when that happens!wallbash No apology needed. Thanks for reconstructing your post.

Wow. Lots happening in this part. I had to go back to the previous part to recall that it had ended merely with Lois and Clark hugging (and her crying) and not with them kissing. blush (wishful thinking on my part, I guess).

I should have done a recap of the last scene. I'll keep that in mind for the future and add it after I finish replying. Thanks for letting me know!

Originally Posted by VirginaR
So, Lois hasn't admitted to Clark yet what she discovered during her soul-search when she discovered how much Luthor was influencing her life.

Nope, and that's part of why Clark hasn't been as open with her as he could be.

Originally Posted by VirginaR
Clark has fractured his personality into yet another persona. Will he be able to maintain this disguise for long as it's so close (in appearance) to Clark? I hope he doesn't lose more of himself with the addition of this new role in his life.

No, he won't. Originally I planned that Lord Kal-El was only to allow him to have a more military mindset and be on a more even battlefield with Lex Luthor. And Superman incognito is only because he can't come to Lois as Clark with their fight, and he didn't want to come in uniform with the watchers.

He and Lois are getting closer, but still not close enough for him to trust her with the truth. I can understand this, not 24 hours earlier she was seriously considering to marry Luthor. I predict that once Lois learns of this new deception, she's going to go nuclear with her anger level. At least, Kal is not trying to be a third persona (just another aspect of his Superman persona), still... I can see Lois feeling like this as proof that he doesn't trust her even though she has been open and honest to him (mostly and only for the past 24 hours... but still, this is Lois and she lives by this double-standard). Although, on the other hand, revealing Kal to Lois is letting her know about another aspect of Superman's life that he's never revealed to anyone else (save the Kents), so in a way it is an honor. Will Lois see it that way, though?

Exactly. Great question. Hopefully it'll be answered to your satisfaction in Part 4. peep

Will they bring Jimmy and Perry into their investigation? I'm glad they decided to bring in, at least, Henderson. They need others on their side. Although, with Luthor's vendetta against Lois and Clark (jealousy?), anyone else who becomes involved surely will also be putting their lives at risk.

Luthor has gone to Def-con 4 with his reaction to Lois's rejection. He really doesn't want her out and about without his influence over her. This is really common in abusive relationships. Does he consider her that much of an liability to his success, or does he think that she lied to him about her feelings for Superman? Perhaps he considers her more important to Superman than she says Superman is to her (Superman loves her without her returning his love) and therefore, she would still be a good pawn to use in his "game" against Superman. Despite her and Clark's "fight" and the so-called end of their friendship, Luthor is determined to ruin him. He's become obsessed and thus, out of control!

Perry et al are coming.

Maybe all of the above regarding Lex's thoughts/feelings?

I love all the chess references. It really works well with HoL and this plot line.

Thanks! They just seemed to fit, and I think Lois was in Chess Club in high school in canon. If not, she was for this story.

How will Clark react to Lois's Ordinary Guy theory? /nibbles on my fingernails in anticipation/

Well, that's a good question. And it will be answered in the next part. peep

Thanks for reading & commenting! smile1

Cuidadora

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Laura!

Originally Posted by LMA
You sure do have a way of cutting these chapters off right when I'm dying to read more! help jump You're going to have me on pins and needles until you post again wondering what Clark will say to Lois' question--I'm going all over the place with my guesses at his response.

Hope that's a good thing. Guessing can be fun.

Originally Posted by LMA
I'm glad Lois and Clark are back to normal. Caring about each other, working together. They definitely make the best team smile.

Yes, they do.

Originally Posted by LMA
I'm curious how long Lois will not be able to recognize Kal. The civilian clothing, interacting with Lois in more of a 'normal' way...I know she thinks he's Superman, but I can't help but wondering when the ball will 'drop' and she'll see Clark looking back at her. Superman being out of the suit, IMO, really changes a lot of how different Clark/Superman are wink.

Good question. You're right about the suit. Although Clark's posture and facial expressions also are different from Superman's. And the glasses, especially the first pair he had, really did change his facial appearance.

Originally Posted by LMA
One part left and so many wonderful things to (hopefully) resolve. Excited to see how you do it.

Hope you like the resolutions!

Thanks for reading and commenting! smile1

Cuidadora

Blogger
Blogger
Hi cuidadora

I read your Don't Be Cruel-What'd I say about 1-2 weeks ago and instantly got attached...I waited patiently to NOT read your pieces again before it is completed (I hate reading pieces when they're not finished)...but I guess the temptation is too great...

I like your take on how Lois deals with Superman rejection and subsequent reasoning that Superman has ordinary life-The Ordinary Guy which doesn't immediately be identified with Clark and results to Clark creating separate persona.

Your take on BaTP/HoL is certainly peaceful without Lois and Clark fighting each other...I definitely wait for the last part...and how Lois and Clark play game changer

gotta calm myself from being too excited reading and waiting

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi YantyChen!

Welcome! hyper

Originally Posted by YantyChen
I read your Don't Be Cruel-What'd I say about 1-2 weeks ago and instantly got attached...I waited patiently to NOT read your pieces again before it is completed (I hate reading pieces when they're not finished)...but I guess the temptation is too great...

I like your take on how Lois deals with Superman rejection and subsequent reasoning that Superman has ordinary life-The Ordinary Guy which doesn't immediately be identified with Clark and results to Clark creating separate persona.

Your take on BaTP/HoL is certainly peaceful without Lois and Clark fighting each other...I definitely wait for the last part...and how Lois and Clark play game changer

gotta calm myself from being too excited reading and waiting

Thanks for reading even though this story isn't completely posted. I'm delighted you like this more peaceful Lois and Clark. The final chapter is coming, just had a few unexpected things to work out.

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Another fabulous posting of a intriguing story.

Remaining in the shadows, Clark pondered the list of atrocities Luthor had committed and planned in the future. There a transformation came over Clark. Under normal circumstances, this would not have happened for another two years. Instead, here on the roof of the Seigel Building in downtown Metropolis, Clark Kent – mild mannered investigative reporter who was also the superhero Superman – added a third side of his personality to the mix.

His body language changed. He stood taller than Superman, and acquired a regal presence.

In that moment, his revulsion and rage at this discussion he'd monitored had awakened his dormant military Kryptonian persona that could one day become…

Lord Kal-El, Supreme Commander and Ruler.

This segment caught me completely off guard, where did that come from? Although it took me back to the whole NK arc it still was a surprise. Is this another superpower or just another aspect of his Kryptonian heritage kicking in? But on the other hand it made perfectly good sense for Clark to react in that manner. After all, Lex and Mrs. Cox were discussing ending people's lives as if it were nothing. Their callousness is mind bending to say the least.

Like everyone else, it is hard to imagine packing so much into the next part that this story will be complete. But somehow I think you shall manage the feat quite nicely. clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Morgana!

Originally Posted by Morgana
This segment caught me completely off guard, where did that come from? Although it took me back to the whole NK arc it still was a surprise. Is this another superpower or just another aspect of his Kryptonian heritage kicking in? But on the other hand it made perfectly good sense for Clark to react in that manner. After all, Lex and Mrs. Cox were discussing ending people's lives as if it were nothing. Their callousness is mind bending to say the least.

Like everyone else, it is hard to imagine packing so much into the next part that this story will be complete. But somehow I think you shall manage the feat quite nicely.

It's meant to be another aspect of his Kryptonian heritage kicking in. And hopefully you'll see why in the final part.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. smile1

Thanks for reading & commenting! Last part coming up.

Cuidadora

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard