Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This just popped:

Photos of the new Supergirl

Her costume looks similar to MoS's.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 03/06/15 06:38 PM. Reason: Fixed Typos

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I like seeing how they attached the cape. That thing caused major problems back in the day! rotflol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I like that she has dark stockings that seems like an extension of her boots and she has long sleeves. It's so nice to see a non-sexualized Supergirl. This might even encourage me to watch it... when it finally makes it to Netflix.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 03/06/15 09:03 PM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
She looks like the girl next door... Too much next door, for my taste!
In other news: Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant?!

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
In other news: Calista Flockhart as Cat Grant?!
Yeah, I was trying to ignore that. I can't see that. Nope.

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
It's so nice to see a non-sexualized Supergirl.
I agree, for the top-half anyway. Though, from when she was on Glee, it was fairly apparent that she doesn't have much up top to speak of anyway. The skirt is short, though...certainly it can't cover much on the back side when she moves around (which, mercifully, is covered by the cape). But she does have tights, and presumably spankies on underneath. The overall impression isn't over-sexualized, at any rate. I wasn't particularly impressed with her acting on Glee, so I didn't jump at the thought of watching the show, but will certainly give it a look now that Dean's on it (at least for the pilot, anyway).

Calista as Cat makes absolutely no sense at all.

P.S. My husband's take - he doesn't like the dark color of the blue. As to the overall look: "Ehh", with a shrug of the shoulders.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by groobie
The skirt is short, though...certainly it can't cover much on the back side when she moves around (which, mercifully, is covered by the cape). But she does have tights, and presumably spankies on underneath.

The cloth of the skirt looks quite heavy, actually... But if they wanted to cover her, why don't go for a suit? Something like that, I mean (maybe this is a bit edgy, but it gives the idea):

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/336/3/3/supergirl_by_ash7croft-d5vftje.jpg

My husband's take - he doesn't like the dark color of the blue. As to the overall look: "Ehh", with a shrug of the shoulders.

I agree with him smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My husband's take - he doesn't like the dark color of the blue. As to the overall look: "Ehh", with a shrug of the shoulders.
I agree with him smile
I believe it's the same blue as was used in Man of Steel.

VirginiaR.
---
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Compared to the normal Supergirl costumes it is sedate. [Linked Image]

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The seem to be tieing her more the Clark Kent then I remember the comics doing. I haven't read many comics for decades so I may be remembering wrong or they changed it since I read them. But I don't remember Jimmy Olsen or Cat Grant being regular characters in Supergirl stories.

Last edited by dcarson; 03/08/15 05:56 PM.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
She looks like the girl next door... Too much next door, for my taste!
I agree. I would prefer Laura Vandervoort (Smallville's Supergirl). She looked more like the Supergirl from the comics. This actress doesn't look anything like Supergirl in my opinion. sad

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just saw this: Supergirl using old Daily Planet set from Lois and Clark. They do realize that Supergirl traditionally has a separate life from Superman, right? Its nice to know that someone on the new show is courting us old fans... or... um... I mean, the fans of the old show. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Kerth
Kerth
That's awesome. smile Another site pointed out that IMDB has Dean and Helen's roles listed as Kara ' s adoptive parents. That seemed to be the best guess anyway, and I think that's actually good casting. I hope that means they'll be in more episodes than just the pilot.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for the link, Virginia...really neat seeing the Daily Planet building, and wonderful to think it may have a connection to this new show smile.

And I agree, I like the casting, too.

Intriguing!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Feeding the nostalgia... I'm actually surprised it's still there after all this time!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The DP building was used on "Agent Carter" too. Maybe that was part of it getting ready.
cool
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Supergirl is now on Netflix's Instant List! dance Now, I can finally watch episode two, and without commercials! hyper

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard