First a little review.

Comments go here.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WooHOO! Welcome back Ken!

There are so many sweet things happening in this story I don't know where to start. So let's begin at the beginning! clap

When Jon found the empty office he was surprised. He hadn’t been told about Herb and the fact that he was a time traveler. He couldn’t very well go back to the game room and announce that Mom and Dad were missing.

Time Traveler? That means Mr. Wells is up to something -- again! Poor John! Time for him to be big brother and protect the family secret.

Jon was stunned. Why would Lucy come out with something like that? Had she seen Mom change and fly off? Had she seen Dad? How could he cover this up? He had to think of something and he needed to think of it fast! He stammered out, “Uh, well, she, she was uh, uh, looking … looking at pictures of Superman flying Mom out of danger, yeah, that’s it. Pictures of Mom with Superman. He had saved her a lot of times. We have a whole scrap book of those kind of pictures.”

Oh dear! Is there such a scrapbook? If not Hattie is going to get awfully suspicious.

“I’ve been having the best time ever. Jon was telling me about your scrap book.”

Lois got a worried look as she asked, “Which scrap book would that be?”

“The one with all of the pictures of you flying with Superman.”

Lois knew that no such scrap book existed. She realized that Jon must have come up with this to cover up something and she wondered just what that something was. She knew that she’d have to play along so she said, “Oh, that old thing. How did that come up?”

Nope there isn't ...

But I remember many years ago when Lois had her own comic book her bedroom was full of Superman memorabilia including a scrapbook depicting many adventures with the Man of Steel.

Lois said, enigmatically, “Only time will tell,” as she thought of each of her eight children and how each of their spouses would eventually become super through exposure to the Kryptonian aura and the use of the pendant. Then she thought of that peek she’d had into Hattie’s future and started to smile. Hattie would become a member of the family. She had seen Hattie interact with JJ whenever he was over at the same time as her. She knew that Hattie liked him and he liked her. It made Lois happy that they would eventually marry and that they would both become super. “Only time will tell.” She repeated with a shake of her head.

Without them realizing it the memories of the trip began to fade. Eventually the block that Herb had initiated was in place and they forgot that they had even been away.

Neat way to begin this new story. Let the games begin.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Morgana
WooHOO! Welcome back Ken!

There are so many sweet things happening in this story I don't know where to start. So let's begin at the beginning! clap

When Jon found the empty office he was surprised. He hadn’t been told about Herb and the fact that he was a time traveler. He couldn’t very well go back to the game room and announce that Mom and Dad were missing.

Time Traveler? That means Mr. Wells is up to something -- again! Poor John! Time for him to be big brother and protect the family secret.

This chapter was originally part of Volume 8 of the Matchmaker Chronicles, When Worlds and Universes Collide. Herb had recruited this Lois and Clark and several others, as well as the adult children and their spouses to assist Alt Clark and his Kryptonian Lois wife in her universe to defeat Lord Nor and his family in a trial by combat. Herb was a little off in his calculations. They were only supposed to be gone a minute or so, but wound up being gone for over an hour. It was included in this story as an inrto to Hattie for those that might not have read my previous stories.

Jon was stunned. Why would Lucy come out with something like that? Had she seen Mom change and fly off? Had she seen Dad? How could he cover this up? He had to think of something and he needed to think of it fast! He stammered out, “Uh, well, she, she was uh, uh, looking … looking at pictures of Superman flying Mom out of danger, yeah, that’s it. Pictures of Mom with Superman. He had saved her a lot of times. We have a whole scrap book of those kind of pictures.”

Oh dear! Is there such a scrapbook? If not Hattie is going to get awfully suspicious.

“I’ve been having the best time ever. Jon was telling me about your scrap book.”

Lois got a worried look as she asked, “Which scrap book would that be?”

“The one with all of the pictures of you flying with Superman.”

Lois knew that no such scrap book existed. She realized that Jon must have come up with this to cover up something and she wondered just what that something was. She knew that she’d have to play along so she said, “Oh, that old thing. How did that come up?”

Nope there isn't ...

But I remember many years ago when Lois had her own comic book her bedroom was full of Superman memorabilia including a scrapbook depicting many adventures with the Man of Steel.

No, she doesn’t have one, but by deflection, Hattie was put off the track.

Lois said, enigmatically, “Only time will tell,” as she thought of each of her eight children and how each of their spouses would eventually become super through exposure to the Kryptonian aura and the use of the pendant. Then she thought of that peek she’d had into Hattie’s future and started to smile. Hattie would become a member of the family. She had seen Hattie interact with JJ whenever he was over at the same time as her. She knew that Hattie liked him and he liked her. It made Lois happy that they would eventually marry and that they would both become super. “Only time will tell.” She repeated with a shake of her head.

Without them realizing it the memories of the trip began to fade. Eventually the block that Herb had initiated was in place and they forgot that they had even been away.

Neat way to begin this new story. Let the games begin.

Lois had a serious peek into the future, working with Hattie and JJ as well as Lori’s son, CJ and his wife, all of her adult children and their spouses. Herb waited to recruit them until Sam, Lois and Clark’s youngest was married. He married the granddaughter of an Elder of Krypton. After the civil ceremony Lara, the eldest daughter had arranged for the elders to be there to do the bonding ceremony. After Sam and Ali-ce were wed ], the rest of the family opted to participate in the bonding ceremony as well. This was key, in that, now they were all bonded according to Kryptonian custom making it legal for them to participate as family members in the trial by combat.

The next chapter is also a review, part of the prologue to this story, Thanksgiving 2015.

Last edited by KenJ; 09/10/16 09:51 PM.

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, a new Hattie adventure. Nice setup, wonder where you are going with this! You on your normal two times a week (IIRC) posting schedule?

thanks

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, Hattie is back and she is bringing a new friend along.

Actually, since this is a short story and it is supposed to parallel the current school year, I will be posting once a week, on Wednesdays.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard