Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally I thought this would be a one-shot. Now I'm thinking it's 5 parts (this being part 3), but that's tentative. dizzy
Thanks for hanging in there with me and still reading.

Comments always welcome! hyper

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Top Banana
Top Banana
Well I will be the first to respond (probably due to the Holiday Weekend here in the States).

I was wondering how you were going to handle getting them back together without a revelation and you did it masterfully! I loved how you let the pace of acceptance of each participant work itself out and did not pressure either Lois or Clark. You had the 'House of Luthor' series situation with the 'We Have A Lot to Talk About' version of Lois (much more mature and understanding of her feelings). Lois did not bring up the “Love is not whom you can see yourself with, it is who you can’t see yourself without.” line directly in this chapter but you probably should at some point mostly because I love the line/concept... I also really await how you have Lois tell Lex that she will not marry him now THAT will be interesting and probably cement Lois' new view of Lex.

I am so glad you are continuing this story and really love that it will be 5 parts in length which should give you a lot of room to explore the reactions of all three of the major players here.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad that Lois and Clark are finally coming to their senses and talking! hyper Although, since Lois broke Clark's heart with a green studded Kryptonite bat this afternoon, it only makes sense that everything between them feels awkward and heavy. I'm glad that they've decided to use the mantra "Don't be cruel?"

This made me chuckle, though:
What'd I Say?

He reviewed their conversation quickly, but couldn't be sure what might have caused her to cry. He hoped he hadn't been unintentionally cruel or unthinking.
Poor Superman had worked so hard to not be cruel and what does he see, Lois crying her eyes out. So, of course, he blamed himself instead. At least, he did check her surroundings to make sure it wasn't someone else first. THEN he blamed himself. But she's not crying because of what Superman said, but because of how *she* treated Clark and what a mess her life was currently in because she'd ignored her initial gut reporter feelings about Lex. It was a hard truth to realize about oneself.

Wow, Lois opening herself up to Clark and being vulnerable enough to admit that she was wrong. jawdrop I love that she knows him well enough to see when he's mad and that makes her want to soothe him. Yea for the hug! It was just what they both needed. Lois found a way for them to go to bed (home, in this case) without anger. Good for her!

I agree with Mike, her upcoming rejection of Lex will not go well. Now that Lois knows more about Lex's true character will she be worried about her safety? What AM I saying? This is Lois Lane! The thought won't even cross her mind, until it's too late. What will Lex do? How will he try to ruin Lois and/or Clark? I hope she doesn't mention Clark during her talk with Lex. eek How are you going to solve this in only 2 more parts? thud

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Mike M
Well I will be the first to respond (probably due to the Holiday Weekend here in the States).

I was wondering how you were going to handle getting them back together without a revelation and you did it masterfully! I loved how you let the pace of acceptance of each participant work itself out and did not pressure either Lois or Clark. You had the 'House of Luthor' series situation with the 'We Have A Lot to Talk About' version of Lois (much more mature and understanding of her feelings). Lois did not bring up the “Love is not whom you can see yourself with, it is who you can’t see yourself without.” line directly in this chapter but you probably should at some point mostly because I love the line/concept... I also really await how you have Lois tell Lex that she will not marry him now THAT will be interesting and probably cement Lois' new view of Lex.

I am so glad you are continuing this story and really love that it will be 5 parts in length which should give you a lot of room to explore the reactions of all three of the major players here.

Hi Mike!

Yay Comments! hyper

Happy Labor Day Weekend!

Glad you liked how they got together without THE revelation. I thought if Lois had time to process what was going on without a painful rejection, she'd come to different conclusions and make different choices. Throwing a wrench in Lex's plans is fun. No spoiler here for how Lois confronts him. whistle

Thanks for reading and commenting!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Virginia!

Yay More Comments! hyper

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I'm glad that Lois and Clark are finally coming to their senses and talking! hyper Although, since Lois broke Clark's heart with a green studded Kryptonite bat this afternoon, it only makes sense that everything between them feels awkward and heavy. I'm glad that they've decided to use the mantra "Don't be cruel?"

I'm enjoying writing them actually talking, not yelling at each other. They're watching their words, and even when angry or upset striving to live up to the mantra "Don't Be Cruel." Glad you like it too.

This made me chuckle, though:

What'd I Say?

He reviewed their conversation quickly, but couldn't be sure what might have caused her to cry. He hoped he hadn't been unintentionally cruel or unthinking.

Poor Superman had worked so hard to not be cruel and what does he see, Lois crying her eyes out. So, of course, he blamed himself instead. At least, he did check her surroundings to make sure it wasn't someone else first. THEN he blamed himself. But she's not crying because of what Superman said, but because of how *she* treated Clark and what a mess her life was currently in because she'd ignored her initial gut reporter feelings about Lex. It was a hard truth to realize about oneself.

YUP! Exactly.

Wow, Lois opening herself up to Clark and being vulnerable enough to admit that she was wrong. jawdrop I love that she knows him well enough to see when he's mad and that makes her want to soothe him. Yea for the hug! It was just what they both needed. Lois found a way for them to go to bed (home, in this case) without anger. Good for her!

Glad this worked. Lois really can only show her true self to Clark, or at least show him first. The hug almost wrote itself, and seemed the right place to end this chapter.

I agree with Mike, her upcoming rejection of Lex will not go well. Now that Lois knows more about Lex's true character will she be worried about her safety? What AM I saying? This is Lois Lane! The thought won't even cross her mind, until it's too late. What will Lex do? How will he try to ruin Lois and/or Clark? I hope she doesn't mention Clark during her talk with Lex. eek How are you going to solve this in only 2 more parts? thud

Yes she's Lois, and some things never change! Great questions, and I plan to answer them all. Doing my best to keep to the 2 parts, although that could change. I'm not planning an epic here, although 2 parts may be optimistically naive.

Cuidadora

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Brava!

I'm rather overwhelmed at work at the moment (and likely will be for at least the rest of the school year), so the fact that I read this part knowing full well that this may turn into a long story should tell you just how much I enjoyed the parts that came before. And part 2 lived up to its promise

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I just read this thread and saw you are hoping to wrap up the story in only two more parts. I've mixed feelings about that -- given that things are likely to get even busier at work, I'm glad that I should probably be able to make time to read two parts, but I will be sad when this story comes to an end.

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 09/05/16 04:02 PM. Reason: Added p.s.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful part, Cuidadora smile!

I've been looking forward to when you would post. What a treat to read tonight!

I really enjoyed the effort it took to get Lois and Clark to Clark's apartment. Lois getting in a good cry and then heading over...but Clark stopping back after his first rescue--checking to see if Lois needed rescuing since she was crying--going home to change to come back over, and then having to follow Lois back to his place to meet her there. It was great detail, and really showed what life is like for someone living with some pretty special abilities wink.

The conversation at Clark's apartment was handled really well. I really liked that you let Clark be angry, show his frustration a bit. He put his heart out on the line and got hurt today. And Lex--everything that Clark's had to deal with concerning him (pretty much alone). I'm glad Clark could talk to Lois about all of his suspicions. Having Lois recognize Clark is hurting and her wanting to be the one to help felt really great.

Glad there will be more story dance clap dance. Can't wait!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Lynn S.M.
Brava!

I'm rather overwhelmed at work at the moment (and likely will be for at least the rest of the school year), so the fact that I read this part knowing full well that this may turn into a long story should tell you just how much I enjoyed the parts that came before. And part 2 lived up to its promise

Well done.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I just read this thread and saw you are hoping to wrap up the story in only two more parts. I've mixed feelings about that -- given that things are likely to get even busier at work, I'm glad that I should probably be able to make time to read two parts, but I will be sad when this story comes to an end.

Hi Lynn!

More comments! hyper

Wow!! I'm thrilled you like my story that much. And honored you're taking time from your busy schedule to read and comment. Thank you.

I hope the rest of the story lives up to your expectations.

I'm delighted that the last parts should fit into your schedule, and honored you have mixed feelings about the story ending.

Comments and/or readers are welcome anytime, and don't have to be "current" to the story.

Hope things go well for you at work. Overwhelm is often difficult, to say the least.

Last edited by cuidadora; 09/06/16 08:43 AM. Reason: typos

Cuidadora

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by LMA
Wonderful part, Cuidadora smile!

I've been looking forward to when you would post. What a treat to read tonight!

I really enjoyed the effort it took to get Lois and Clark to Clark's apartment. Lois getting in a good cry and then heading over...but Clark stopping back after his first rescue--checking to see if Lois needed rescuing since she was crying--going home to change to come back over, and then having to follow Lois back to his place to meet her there. It was great detail, and really showed what life is like for someone living with some pretty special abilities wink.

The conversation at Clark's apartment was handled really well. I really liked that you let Clark be angry, show his frustration a bit. He put his heart out on the line and got hurt today. And Lex--everything that Clark's had to deal with concerning him (pretty much alone). I'm glad Clark could talk to Lois about all of his suspicions. Having Lois recognize Clark is hurting and her wanting to be the one to help felt really great.

Hi Laura!

Comments! Yay! hyper

Glad you liked the details. I find it a balancing act to put in enough details without bogging down the flow of the story. Part of why I have my multiple multiple edits before finally posting. laugh

That conversation was definitely a challenge. Clark losing enough control to show his anger is not something he does often or lightly. And Lois seeing his pain and wanting to comfort him is definitely new territory for them both. Glad you liked the final version. They're not done talking yet tonight, as you'll see in the next part. The hug seemed like the best place to end this part.

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm quite enjoying this gem of a story! Lois and Clark's 'voices' ring true.

Thinking about other mothers, she couldn't imagine Martha Kent holding onto grudges like Ellen Lane. Although she thought even Martha would likely make the exception of people who threatened her family. She would bet if Jason Trask were still alive, Martha would not easily forgive him for nearly killing Clark, Jonathan, their neighbor Wayne and Martha herself. She smiled to herself at the vision she suddenly had of a furious Martha defeating Trask with farm implements. She'd bet on Martha any day.

Yeah, I would bet the farm on Martha any day when it came to defending her family. Jason Trask, Tempus, even Lex had better head for the hills!

Clark took a long sip of his coffee and gathered his thoughts. "It all started at the White Orchid Ball…" He described every encounter with Luthor and each suspicion both Clark and Superman had, starting with Luthor greeting Clark with Alexander's sword at his throat during the White Orchid Ball and ending with the bombing of the Planet. Not only did he describe the events, but he also described why he believed that Luthor was responsible for multiple deaths starting with Commander Laderman and also for injuries and destruction of lives and property.

She sat in stunned silence for a few minutes, processing what she had heard. Shaking her head she said, "And I thought I was the city's best investigative reporter. How could I miss so much?"

Because neither you nor any of these other folks were looking for evil where they thought they saw good. Even Perry missed the clues! Clark also mentioned how children have been affected by Lex's cruelty, starting with Amy Platt, a young handicapped girl who will now have to grow up without her father because of Lex's perfidy. This is something I never read about before, what a very different, refreshing angle!

"I don't know if that means love or not, but I'd like to find out. If you're agreeable that is, and can wait for me to figure it out."

"Lois, I have waited my whole life for you. Right now I’m not ready for marriage either. I think we both need to discover things about each other and ourselves before we make that commitment. I'll wait for you if you wait for me. We can go as slowly as we need. Just don't shut me out of your life."

Yes! Give their relationship time to grow and mature. Far too often writers are rushing Lois and Clark to a wedding at warp speed!

So glad to know the number of parts this delightful story has. Please don't take too long on the next installment! hyper

Last edited by Morgana; 09/06/16 11:18 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Morgana! hyper

Originally Posted by Morgana
I'm quite enjoying this gem of a story! Lois and Clark's 'voices' ring true.

Thanks so much. Wow. That's a huge compliment, and something I've been struggling with in my drafts. I'm so glad their voices ring true.

Yeah, I would bet the farm on Martha any day when it came to defending her family. Jason Trask, Tempus, even Lex had better head for the hills!

Me too. Yeah, they'd better watch out if Mama Bear Kent sees them first. lol

Because neither you nor any of these other folks were looking for evil where they thought they saw good. Even Perry missed the clues! Clark also mentioned how children have been affected by Lex's cruelty, starting with Amy Platt, a young handicapped girl who will now have to grow up without her father because of Lex's perfidy. This is something I never read about before, what a very different, refreshing angle!

Thanks. You're right, everyone else took Lex at face value. They wanted to believe he was the "good" man he portrayed. Which of course makes him all the more evil because he seems benevolent. It just seems natural that Clark/Superman would identify with the children. I imagine he endured teasing if not outright cruelty growing up from rumors of his unusual adoption. Contrasting that with Lex who caused the children's pain makes Clark look even better.

Yes! Give their relationship time to grow and mature. Far too often writers are rushing Lois and Clark to a wedding at warp speed!

That's what I thought too. Neither one is emotionally prepared for marriage at this point. They need to build their relationship and learn to trust each other.

So glad to know the number of parts this delightful story has. Please don't take too long on the next installment!

Doing my best.

Cuidadora

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard