Print Thread
#271520 08/30/16 09:33 PM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark's in full panic mode. You showed that well. I'm glad that Martha and Jonathan are the calm, if illogical calm, in his insanity. They don't want to leave the farm? jawdrop I mean, OF COURSE, they don't want to leave the farm, but really, they aren't going to save themselves? They won't even go away for a little while, just in case? Do they have that much faith in Lois? They can't be that naive (to think that bad guys wouldn't want to harm Superman's adoptive folks)! Do they think from what Clark told them that Lois doesn't have enough to print (even though he promised to give her all the details. Heaven forbid, he go back on that promise! [Linked Image] )

You spot on have Martha's voice down. Perfect. Even the little nuances, like:
“Uh huh.” Her reply was frankly disbelieving.
clap SO Martha!

Okay, I know this is a total aside. This is just what popped into my head when I read the line:
“It’s big, Perry. Pulitzer big.”
What if it weren't THAT big? Would it still be worth it? Exposing Lex Luthor or Bill Church as a criminal mastermind, YES, that would be worth it afterwards (even without any awards), because you're stopping someone from hurting others. But ruining the lives of all of the Kents for a headline? Not so much. As Lois said,
Perry, he’s a good man.”
What if Lois didn't win the Pulitzer? What if the Pulitzer committee didn't think it was that much of an investigative feat, since Clark was Lois's partner, he does work at the Daily Planet, and he did straight out tell her? Newsworthy, yes, but THAT big of a deal? Not so much. I mean, look what happened in alt-dimension. Everyone was shocked and surprised, but then they moved on with their lives. It hardly impacted the world, in general, who Superman really was. Would it still be worth ruining her friendship with Clark (& Superman) for a little notoriety? (The impact on Lois's life, not the Kents, I mean.) Would it be worth destroying the life of a good man, whose secret life wasn't hurting anyone?

But ah, you’ve gotta ask yourself if not writing it is the greater good.”
Perry's right here. Don't write it, Lois! How can you even think of writing it after what Clark said? Now the question is, what story will Lois tell Perry it was when he asks her about it later on (because you know he will)?

What's going to happen to Lois and Clark's friendship, their partnership, now that she knows and has fractured his trust by implying that she would sell Clark out? How will they recover from this? Will Lois's apology be enough? /start biting my fingernails/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia is right--you had Martha down perfectly here notworthy...

I'm not surprised that Martha and Jonathan don't want to leave the farm...even though it's maybe not the smartest idea. It's their home--their past, and (hopefully) their future. Maybe they are looking at the big picture a bit differently than Clark? They've seen Lois and Clark interact first-hand. They know Clark's feelings for Lois--but as outsiders, they've been able to watch Lois around Clark...get a sense of her friendship towards their son, whether or not she is trustworthy. Martha especially, seemed to really take to Lois from the beginning--and from this story, she definitely can tell her son has fallen in love. They really don't seem too worried.

I (think) I trust Martha and Jonathan's gut instincts here...

Great job, Feli!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/02/16 12:30 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard