Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#271485 08/28/16 10:35 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
In honor of my 40th birthday and my Mom's upcoming 69th birthday, we decided to go tandem skydiving. There's a skydiving school here in town (Perris, CA), and I've watched the parachutists for years from my workplace, which is about a mile from the airport.

I was strapped to an experienced skydiver and jumped out of the plane from 12,500 feet at about 10:30 this morning, right after my mother jumped out. My dad, brother-in-law, sister, and nieces watched from the ground. (My dad's view is: why jump out of a perfectly good airplane? He says he'll go skydiving if he lives to be 80.)

Here's the video I had made. The videos are expensive, but mine was comped due to the fact that one of the owners of Skydive Perris had my dad for a teacher way back when. She also comped my mom's video.

The video starts with an ad for Skydive Perris, but it ends at the 2-minute mark, and then my part starts.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, Annie! You've got guts. My kids laugh at me when I get to the top of a ladder (or my son's top bunk) and hold on for dear life. I don't think I'd be able to do that without incurring a heart attack to go along with it. clap Congrats! And Happy Birthday!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
You are far braver than I am! I drive by there all the time, too...but I keep on driving! laugh LOL Happy birthday!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Annie,

I have to get ready for work and won't get to watch the video until later, but I had to say, "Good on ya!"

And now you'll never watch "Strange Visitor" in quite the same way again...

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., I just watched the video. Way cool! I'm not sure whether it makes me wish I were skydiving or whether it makes me very grateful to be on terra firma. A little of both, I guess. One things's for sure, you had a memorable birthday. (A belated "Happy Birthday," by the way.)

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 08/29/16 07:38 PM. Reason: Added p.s.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Annie!

I think I'll live vicariously through you from now on. WOW! That takes guts (and I don't have any, lol peep ). I'm impressed--and it looked like such a good time!

Next time I'm in an airplane flying somewhere I'll have to think of you. I'm totally claustrophobic--planes, boats, elevators, long bridges (anywhere that I can't get 'out' of quick wink ) creep me out. I can do all of that stuff, but not without some major inner pep talking. You're my inspiration clap.

Happy Birthday!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/29/16 01:28 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thanks, everybody. Yes, "Strange Visitor" did go through my mind for a moment (and much to my amusement, someone in the free fall flight simulator was wearing a Superman costume -- you can watch the people in there from a TV in the restaurant).

Some of the teachers at my school showed the video to the kids. Now some of the kids think I'm a real badass. dance

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awesome! I've always wanted to go skydiving! I've always just been afraid that all that air rushing at my face on the way down will trigger my asthma.

Happy birthday!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard