Next Thread
Print Thread
#271469 08/27/16 02:57 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings again!

Yes, this post is late, but hopefully my readers will enjoy what takes place. Lois and Clark are still having a little trouble getting along, something about an important interview going to Clark instead of Lois. Hmm, maybe he needs to be careful? peep

As always comments are welcome and much appreciated.

Last edited by Morgana; 08/27/16 10:35 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Lois isn't being very charitable...sure, Clark got the interview, but she should have realized that her steamroller tactics would be less effective with that crowd than Clark's quiet charm. Oooh, would it be possible to like Lana even less? razz Vain, possessive, and I suspect not smart enough to realize she's being played by Daae - that man doesn't do anything without calculating the game many steps ahead.

I hope THIS doesn't happen to Napoleon's camp chair!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Groobie

Lana is being Lana what can anyone say? huh Uncle Wayne is right; 'There are plenty more fillies on the range, she ain't the one!'

I cannot believe that guard was foolish enough to sit on such an ancient chair! shock

Keep bring up these little tidbits of information, they are fantastic!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/29/16 10:11 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wow--Clark needs to run away from Lana (and at Super-Speed!). Argh, she is horrible. What little, really, she thinks of him. But, I will say, I am enjoying (very much) NOT liking her, and you've supplied us lots of material to use as reasoning smile.

Hopefully Lois comes around. She's taking it to Clark, when really, he just had a lucky evening, and had an interview pretty much fall in his lap. He had no control that Lois--in all the time researching the Luthor's--has never been able to score the interview she wants. And Clark has tried now a few times to put the two of them in a better place, to be the bigger person. Come on, Lois!

Excited to see what develops!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/29/16 01:14 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
Really not a fan of this version of Lana!

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

Hopefully Lois comes around. She's taking it to Clark, when really, he just had a lucky evening, and had an interview pretty much fall in his lap. He had no control that Lois--in all the time researching the Luthor's--has never been able to score the interview she wants. And Clark has tried now a few times to put the two of them in a better place, to be the bigger person. Come on, Lois!

Hello There! Yup, this is simply a case of being in the right place at the right time. Don't worry, Clark is wearing her down as we will see very soon!

Also we have to realize Lois is gradually seeing her sometime partner as more than just Lana's boyfriend. Patience ....

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Marcus

Really not a fan of this version of Lana!

No this is not Lana at her finest. I took the version that was presented to us in the series and ran with it. This is an AU, so anything is possible. Soon we are going to step away from Lana and watch the relationship between Lois and Clark mature and grow.

I really appreciate your comments Marcus and look forward to more. smile1

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Realization about Clark’s ignorance spread over the older man’s face. “Well, no one could ever accuse Elvis of stealin’ a song! But that’s exactly what that low down skunk did. He didn’t just steal any story, but Lois’ story. It was an exceptional article for a seasoned journalist, but coming from a rookie like Lois it was amazing. I didn’t find out about it until it was too late.” Perry paused and then said, “He romanced the story away from her, which you can imagine hurt deeply.”

Understanding washed over Clark. Of course she would be defensive! He would take pains to be supportive regarding her feelings about this particular interview. He appreciated, and what was most important, respected Lois’ ability as a journalist.

“Don’t worry sir, this story will be a cooperative effort on both our parts.”
Lois is still distrustful of male coworkers because of Claude. Good thing Clark is patient and is slowly wearing her down.

Daae and Lana ... that sounds like a dangerous combination, though to who is the question.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Daae and Lana ... that sounds like a dangerous combination, though to who is the question.

Most dangerous ... to all concerned! Wonder how Arianna will take it? shock

Last edited by Morgana; 09/02/16 03:28 PM.

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jack, mixing up his morning cup of coffee, noticed her and said to Stacy, “Doesn’t she have a job?”

Ha! Go Jack!

“Speaking of observation. Do you ever notice how she always shows up for lunch after Clark has an assignment with Lois?” He remarked sarcastically.

“Hmmm, you’re right. Wonder what that’s all about?”

I wonder indeed... Insecure much?

Lana turned and gave Lois an appraising look, then shrugged. “Not that it’s any of your concern, but I’m hungry … now. Oh, The Metropolis Star mentioned Gregory Daae’s comments about your being amateurish. I think he and Linda King got it right. Why put such a powerful man on the spot like that!”

Um.... So tomorrow's headline reads "Lana Lang Murdered By Dailly Planet Reporter, Lois Lane"

“Good Morning Ms. Lang. What brings you to the newsroom?”
“My boyfriend of course,” she said this while twining her arm around his waist, “he’s taking me to lunch.”

Clark winced and said, “Lana,” with a touch of panic in his voice.
Perry noticed the pained expression on the young man’s face and quickly sized up the situation.

“Uh… son, we really need to talk about this interview. Mr. Olsen is a good friend of Mrs. Luthor’s, so he’ll be watching very closely. An important interview like this could be a career changer.”

She just can't take a hint, huh? Oy, this is painful to watch/read...Perry has to 'rescue' Superman from his overbearing girlfriend. Yikes!

“Good advice. I take it the Luthors are not as happy as they seem?”

A slight frown cast a shadow over Catherine’s face, “They tolerate each other. According to one of my old sources Lex had an affair. There’s nothing new about that, but this time it distressed his wife to the point where she had the woman removed from Metropolis. So here’s a little more advice; if Arianna invited you to an interview and told you to bring Lois along - do it. Don’t be fooled. Mrs. Luthor might think turnabout is fair play.” With those words, Catherine vacated her seat.

Yeah, Clark can't seem to protect himself from Lana who knows what he'd do if Arianna tried something? Lois will have to 'protect' him. evil

The publisher, not in the least put off by her comment, replied, “Sorry Lois, she wants both of you there. Otherwise the deal’s off.”

Lois smiled sweetly, “Then it’s off.”

jawdrop What???? Lo-is.... dizzy

“Ah, I see. Tell me Mr. Olsen, exactly why did you buy The Daily Planet?”

The younger man was taken aback; he calculated what the old newshound was saying for a moment and answered very slowly. “I’ve always respected the integrity of this newspaper, its reputation for honestly and clear presentation of the facts is second to none.”

“Uh huh, that’s good, now what is the other reason?”

Feeling a little like he was back in grade school, but determined to stand his ground he said, “To help it generate money.”

“How long do you think we will continue to gain your second objective if you sacrifice the first? Oh, you can go ahead and have all our reporters write puff pieces, but it won’t be with me as Managing Editor or high-caliber reporters like Lane and up-and-comers like Kent. You’ll have a whole newsroom full of reporters even the Weehawken Gazette wouldn’t claim as their own.”

James Olsen looked at Perry White. He was not very keen on hearing those words and this is what his own father would have referred to as ‘a prickly conversation’. But he respected Perry’s nerve to say it and the hard won experience to back it up. He stood, signaling the conversation had come to an end and walked over to the door. “Very well Mr. White, I’ll stay in the Executive Suite and you handle the newsroom.”

I love how Perry handled 'James' and his attempt to 'handle' the interview. Nicely played.

In some ways Clark was still a boy, whereas Daae… A thought clicked and she decided to try something - push the edge of their new association a tiny bit further.

Yeah I'll bet...grumble

**muttersunderbreathaboutLanathetramp***

She secretly smiled to herself in triumph and thought, <This was far better than lunch!> She entered the elevator. Upon return to the office, she called Clark and canceled their dinner date on the pretext she had to work.

YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND!

Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth???

**facepalm** Poor Clark!

shock sad grumble

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard