Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally I thought Don't Be Cruel was complete, but my muse had other ideas.

There is at least one more part coming, although I'm not sure exactly when it will be posted. Hopefully sooner than this part. Working on it when RL allows.

Comments always appreciated!

Last edited by cuidadora; 08/23/16 10:47 AM. Reason: update title

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! I wasn't expecting a sequel! hyper Thanks for including the link to the first story, so I could refresh my memory.

How exciting! Mad Dog Lane is back! And she's putting her ferocious bite onto Lex's leg. It's so nice to sleep Lois acting proactively (considering all that Superman has told her) at this point in the story instead of re-actively (running to accept Lex's proposal).

Yes! Chess! Use your chess smarts, Lois. dance Figure out how Lex manipulated you. How he manipulated everyone she knew. How he interjected himself into her life and set out to destroy everything she held dear.

I love the Lex vs. Clark comparisons, because Lex always loses. I notice that most of this story, Lois is jumping back and forth between Lex and Clark, not Superman. She throws him in occasionally, but not as a serious contender. She must have realized how little she truly knows about the man. I'm glad Lois is finally doing some deep introspection and trying to figure out why she wanted Lex's approval and/or respect so badly. I hate to say it, but it sounds as if she might have some daddy issues. peep

That's quite a cliff hanger you've left us on, there! [Linked Image] What will Lois do? Will she become alteristic with all men, just in case one of them could be "Ordinary Man"? lol No. I could see her attempting that for... an hour, and giving it up as impossible! Will she call Clark or visit his apartment? Will she try to investigate Luthor on her own? As his fiancee? eek So many possibilities!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
YAY! A sequel! Read 'part 1' a while back. And it was nice to include a link to it.

Wonder what Lois is going to do next. smile

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks for commenting Virginia! wave

Glad this installment was a nice surprise. goofy

You're welcome about the link. I liked it so much on Wrong Clark that I adopted it. Thank you for the idea! notworthy

Oh yeah, Mad Dog Lane is back. Since Superman didn't stomp on her heart, she is able to be proactive, and I hope to show her strength of character in the next parts.

Glad you liked the chess analogy. It will come up again in the next part.

You got it. The idea of the Lex-Clark-Superman comparisons was for Lois to realize how little she knows about Superman compared to the other two and to compare Clark and Lex, and have Lex lose.

Lois with Daddy issues? Yeah, BIG time Daddy issues.

Yeah, I couldn't resist a cliffhanger. peep

Lois altruistic with all men? That is too funny. rotflol I have this vision of Clark with a stopwatch, and she lasts less than 10 seconds when she runs into Ralph.

Some of the answers to those questions will be answered in the next part. And so the cliffhanger isn't too long, I hope to have the next part posted in a week or less if RL and my muse cooperate.

Last edited by cuidadora; 08/23/16 08:12 PM.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Igurashi! wave

Welcome to the boards!

Thanks for reading and commenting. Next part is coming soon and you'll see what Lois does next.

Cuidadora

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi Cuidadora! Just wanted you to know how much I'm enjoying your sequel! I did read the first part back in April when you first posted, and I'm sorry to say that I never gave any comments, but am trying to come out of my lurking statis to let writers know how much they are appreciated! Just loved that Clark went to his parents for advice in the first part instead of being cruel and how now, Lois, is doing some major introspection and examining the evidence and coming to some eye opening conclusions! Can't wait for you to post the next part! hyper

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Superjan! wave

Welcome to the boards and to comments! Always nice to have someone graduate from lurking to commenting. I did that, too. And as a writer, I can say that comments are always welcome.

I'm glad you like my story so far. It seemed reasonable for Clark to go talk to Martha and Jonathan about how to respond to Lois as Superman after she rejected him as Clark. It was after all their advice that he tell her how he felt. Going home would give him comfort and their more mature perspective. That led to Superman's polite if reserved manner with Lois. And since her heart isn't shattered, she has time to think more analytically than responding emotionally to the pain of losing Superman.

Thanks for commenting!

Cuidadora

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I am really enjoying this sequel smile. Woo-hoo dance !

It was so great to have Lois really think about her options. Look at the facts and see what she does know about each of these men in her life. For her to see how they treat her, how she responds to them, how she feels when she is around them. Clark--so so obviously--is the winner (hands down smile ), but it's great when Lois comes to that conclusion for herself.

I am reeeaaaalllly hoping for Lois to head on over to Clark's apartment. Have a really good talk. Get things (for both of them) out in the open. I can't wait to see where you go!

Really awesome job--so glad there is more to the original story!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hi Laura! wave

I'm delighted you're enjoying the sequel and like a thinking Lois. Since Clark didn't break her heart and spirit as Superman, she can more rationally look at the three men.

No spoilers here about what happens next, although I do hope you like it.

Thanks for commenting!

Cuidadora

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard