Print Thread
#271381 08/21/16 06:43 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here's the link to Muddying the Waters. Although, after reading this story, it isn't necessary to read it to understand what's going on. Good job on recapping! thumbsup

Yea at Lois for Gibb's slapping Clark and letting him know he was starting to let his cape show. She shows him what a good friend she is for sticking by him without his knowledge. That she only accepted his belief on Luthor after learning his secret, shows only that she accepts Superman's opinion more than her friend's. But we all know that this is one of Lois's failings. No person is perfect (nor would we want them to be).

By moving the story ahead a month since her discovery, Lois is able to process most of her anger before confronting Clark. Now, she can talk to him as a concerned friend, instead of angry partner/potential girlfriend, who had been lied to.

I love that Lois has been watching Clark and spotting all the times he uses his powers in the open. I can just picture her rolling her eyes and face palming his efforts to be discreet. If she didn't think Clark a greenhorn before, she certainly does now!

It's good that Clark has someone he can lean on as both Clark and Superman. That will make his life easier. (Let's hope!)

I'm glad Lois pushed aside the issue of her attraction to Clark and/or Superman to be the friend Clark needed at this point.

Great continuation! clap I enjoyed it very much.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
I enjoyed this little story. I can believe that once Lois figured out the truth for herself, it would irritate her to no end to see all of the slips she otherwise wouldn't have noticed. Whether she realizes it or not, it's her increasing feelings for him that fuel her increasing frustration about his carelessness about his secret; she's becoming protective of Clark because of those feelings.

But then, the story ends. Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh! wildguy wildguy wildguy This story is not complete! There has to be another part waiting in the wings! How does their friendship and partnership evolve into a relationship now that the secret is not in the way? Hopefully real life will allow you a little time to dive back into this universe again. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Ooh, comments smile

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
I love that Lois has been watching Clark and spotting all the times he uses his powers in the open. I can just picture her rolling her eyes and face palming his efforts to be discreet.

I'll admit, this is me watching the show sometimes lol. Sometimes he's just so blatantly obvious! I had a mental picture of her doing the same thing smile Oh, and thank you for adding the link to Muddying the Waters- I didn't even think to do that!

Groobie- Nice insight! smile I can also see Lois getting frustrated because now that she knows, it's blindingly obvious to her and yet no-one else can see the connection between Clark and Superman (hmm. Sounds like the whole only-Clark-knows-Lex-is-evil thing)
And I promise, I'm writing a third piece! I know I left this one wide open- it was by design. So rest easy smile

Last edited by NostalgiaKick; 08/22/16 08:40 AM.

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bravo! So glad to see you posted! Writing can often be a soothing balm for the soul when RL is a bear.

But that didn’t explain why he was so careless about his identity on a daily basis. The amount of times she’d caught him doing something Super while he was ostensibly Clark Kent was staggering; enough that she’d perfected her ability to appear completely oblivious. She’d tried to overlook it, reasoning that he knew what he was doing; after all, he’d been protecting this secret his entire life.

This is a very different take on Lois. She is calmly studying the man and sees Clark is making a lot of mistakes! No wonder he was on the move so much! Sloppiness does it every time.

Clark’s brow furrowed. “If you believe that he’s a criminal, why are you still dating him?”

“I’m investigating him, you lunkhead!” she retorted. “And if you’re not more careful, he’s going to be the one doing the investigating! All that stuff about trying to get to the bomb? He’s not stupid, Clark. He will put two and two together, the same way I did. And it’s not the only slip I’ve seen you make. You’ve got a secret the size of- of Jupiter and you’re terrible at protecting it!”

Ha! Three points for Lois! clap She knows Lex is a snake in the grass, but figures the best way to dig up dirt on him is to stick close. Not Super-glue close, but close enough. A man like Lex Luthor did not get to the top as quickly as he did by being stupid. Remember Clark, his greatest weapon is his ability to know a person's weakness. Once he discovers you are Superman he will use that to bring you to your knees.

“I’ll be more careful, I promise. If-” he held up a finger “- you are too. Going after Luthor alone, Lois? Don’t you think that’s dangerous?”

Lois raised an eyebrow. “This had better not be like the Metro Club all over again, Kent.”

Clark shook his head. This time, he had no intention of trying to horn in on her investigation. “No. Let me help you.”

She studied him for a long moment, apparently considering. “Okay. Let me fill you in on what I’ve found…”

Good stars woman! This is the start of an excellent fic! There's got to be more. Please? grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Originally Posted by Morgana
Bravo! So glad to see you posted! Writing can often be a soothing balm for the soul when RL is a bear.
Thanks, Morgana! This is the most I've written in months. I needed the escape from reality lol.

Lex Luthor finding out that CK=S could well be Clark's worst nightmare. Every other villain he comes up against pales in comparison to Luthor's malevolence.

There is definitely a third instalment coming- I started writing it this morning. But it'll take a little while- I have uni assessments due this week. Patience! smile

Features Writer
Features Writer
Nice story to show how Clark's secret was at risk in this episode, and other times. And how Lois wants to protect it.

I can absolutely see her first reaction to Clark's offer of help is to remind him of the Metro Club. lol

Looking forward to more whenever it's ready. smile1

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful smile!

I really enjoyed this piece and was really excited to see a continuation of 'Muddying the Waters' (and a third installment? dance dance --woo hoo!...when you have time to complete and post, I'll be eager to read).

It was a nice take having Lois wait, sit on the knowledge that she 'knows'. It gave her such a unique ability. To be on the 'inside' and watch just HOW Clark lives as two different people. The only people that see this side of Clark are Martha and Jonathan, but being in Smallville, Lois definitely would gain a lot more from her observations.

Like everyone stated, I LOVED Lois' reaction to how not great Clark is with his excuses and covering up his abilities. How--once she knows what Clark is up to--how blantently obvious what he's doing is out there. Have to agree, she has feelings for Clark, knows now the risks he is making, and it frustrates her that he's taking any chances with his identity.

Looking forward to more--awesome!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
More comments! smile

cuidadora- he really does step ridiculously close to letting the cat out of the bag in this episode. No wonder Jack figures it out...

Laura- yeah, even though Lois isn't quite 'there' yet on a romantic level, she and Clark are still friends. And I figured that she'd be switched on enough to realise that their partnership (at the very least) can only survive if the world doesn't figure out CK=S

I'm still working on the third instalment- uni got in the way, and then I distracted myself with other WIPs (sorry!)

Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh please work on the next installment! This story really needs continuing. In so many stories recently the characterization of Lois and Clark is so OOC that I don't visualize Teri and Dean when I read the stories (possible why I am not reading much here these days) but in this story Teri and Dean just leap off the page with every back and forth banter.

Thanks for writing this and I can't wait for the next installment!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Mike- Thank you! I've always tried to make my stories true to the characters (isn't that the point of fanfic?) and to hear that I've succeeded is a compliment of the highest order (to me anyway).

I have drafts of two different versions of the next instalment and I'm having trouble deciding the winner (if anyone wants to help me out with that, I'd be grateful- I'm totally deadlocked)

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard