Pulitzer
Story.

Thoughts?

~•~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute. Nice to have a Lex-free version of *that* evening. :-)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You caught me. I totally thought she was talking about someone else! [Linked Image] So, Clark proposed too, huh? Hmmm. Why bring all of this up with Superman? Does she know more than she's letting on, I wonder. Clearly, she knows Bruce's secrets.

clap Love the twist. It brought a smile to my face.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark frowned. Did Lois honestly think he was incapable of living alone? Granted, some of the ladies in Research had told him that no woman would have allowed him out of the house with some of the ties he wore, but that was hardly grounds for saying he needed a wife...

LOL! smile1 Considering the kind of ties you wear Clark, I wouldn't let you out of the house either! This short story had lots of little surprises! Thanks Queenie for the chuckle.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ha! Totally didn't see that coming! So Bruce and Clark, huh? At least Lex isn't a factor in things! I'm guessing Clark and Bruce haven't learned about each other's extracurricular activities yet. Fun! This could totally spin off a longer fic!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Online Content
Merriwether
S
Cute!

Features Writer
Features Writer
Delightful! clap

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

I
Blogger
Blogger
I
Great story.

And like Chakram said, it totally could spin off a longer fic! laugh

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary! Time for a quick oneshot smile1
“Clark Kent said you wanted to see me?”

She looked up at him, a smile blooming across her face, and Clark felt his heart clench. Why couldn't she ever smile like that for him?
So, Clark’s once more Superman’s errand boy, huh?

Why did she have to reserve it for a flashy superhero...or a suave billionaire?
BATMAN: Well, I did tell you to mine those diamonds in the Pacific trenches, but no, Mr. Kansas didn’t want to have money…

Hearing that she wouldn't accept it until she spoke to “someone else” was just ample salt rubbed into the wound.
LOIS: So, Superman, is it true that you know Batman?

“No, really,” she said. “There's someone I'm very close friends with—in fact, I think we might even be best friends, kind of—and he recently asked me to marry him.”
Awww….she really does like Lex a lot, doesn’t she?

Lois nodded. “In fact, that's kind of a plus, in my book: since I don't love him as anything more than a friend, I don't have to worry about him breaking my heart.
Huh?

But then...” She took in a deep breath. “His proposal made me realize that I am in love...with someone else.”
laugh Right! Cat. She’s in love with Cat!

“And this someone else proposed recently, too,” she continued, her words falling like the blade of a guillotine.
Oh boy. Whom does she love and who is the best friend.
LOIS: Ribbit?

“Well...” Lois leaned back on the arm of the sofa. “Even though I don't love him, we're still very close. He's always been good to me and, like I said, he's safe...”
[Linked Image] Bad author, leaving us to guess like that right there in the middle of the story. Bad author!

“This friend of mine,” she continued, lowering her voice even further so that a normal man would have had to strain to hear, “he kind of...needs...to get married.”
Ah, none is Lex. So, who *is* the one with the expiring green card?

“I mean,” she added, apparently seeing the confusion on his face, “he needs to be seen...with...a woman.”
Oh. Oh, Jimmy’s getting a reputation because he’s not dating enough women, is he? And when he gets married, he can use this to convince girls at the bar that he’s a catch?

Clark's been acting like a big baby about Bruce
shock rotflol Which reminds me of needing to get back to my own Brucelet that I started…uh…5 years ago or so…

“but Bruce has always been kind of suspicious about Clark, too. I can't think why; Clark's just a naive Kansas farm-boy. It's not like he really has anything to hide.”
This is a very fun twist, flipping the Batman/Superman dynamic like this clap

“Maybe,” he replied, smiling back at her. “But certainly not tonight, Lois.” And with that, he left.

The End
clap Highly entertaining. And you only slipped one Lex reference in there. You do love playing with your readers clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow! You totally had me, Queenie! hyper grin hyper

I so enjoy all of the twists and turns you bring your readers through. It's always so fun to see where you take us smile.

Awesome job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard