Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, there's a chance I might be without internet access this coming weekend. As a result, you get the ending to the story a bit early.

I sincerely hope it is a satisfying wrap up.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, that was a surprise! My, oh, my. Luthor really didn't care much for the Lane family or even Lois, did he? Too bad about him losing his head, and all four of his limbs. I wasn't expecting King Bruce. clap

All hail Lord Kent! That solves his problems easy enough. Although, perhaps his first order of business was to ASK for Lois's hand in marriage. wink Good thing, Lord Lane didn't take offense. I can't imagine Lord Kent at court though. Sounds like it would've been torture for him. Once a farmer Kent, always a farmer Kent. smile

How sweet a life Lois and Clark then lived. 10 children! thud How did she survive that long? And then led on straight into the birth of Sir Charles. I'm sure he knew from his family's history that the Tempos family was not one to be trusted. So, Lois and Clark's love was predestined even before the era of The Fox!

Fun story! I'm glad everything worked out well for them.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! wave

Well, that was a surprise! My, oh, my. Luthor really didn't care much for the Lane family or even Lois, did he? Too bad about him losing his head, and all four of his limbs. I wasn't expecting King Bruce.

So glad I could make King Bruce a surprise! And yeah, Lord Luthor might be worse than canon Lex. At least canon Lex was truly attracted to Lois (as evidenced by the fact that the Revenge spray worked on him). This one was solely about using her.

All hail Lord Kent! That solves his problems easy enough. Although, perhaps his first order of business was to ASK for Lois's hand in marriage. wink Good thing, Lord Lane didn't take offense. I can't imagine Lord Kent at court though. Sounds like it would've been torture for him. Once a farmer Kent, always a farmer Kent.

Clark: Well, I did say "with your permission..." laugh

Sitting at court would have been worse than torture for him. He needs the sun and fields. And time to make 10 babies. wink How did Lois survive so long? Dumb luck? A divine hand? An author who just decided to cut her a break? And remember, 10 children doesn't mean 10 pregnancies - more if she lost any or less if she had multiples. I'll leave that to your own imagination.

I'm glad the Sir Charles connection wasn't too subtle. At first, I wasn't sure people would catch it. That's why I threw in the fox doll detail. And yes, he would absolutely know the Tempos family history...which might be exactly why he swore himself to the current Lord Tempos.

I think Lois and Clark were probably predestined for each other since man climbed out of the primordial ooze.

Cave Clark: *clubs Lois over head, drags her off to his cave*
Cave Lois: *comes to, begins to cook roasted mammoth, sets cave on fire*

Thanks for sticking with this!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
lol rotflol lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
lol rotflol lol

Lois: In every incarnation? Really????

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww! I am so happy for things to have worked out the way that they did smile! Great job, DC notworthy clap.

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this story. It's definitely been such a fun treat to see you post and then hurry and read along. Sad to see it over, but so happy that everything worked out the way that it did.

You literally gave Clark about the best possible happy ending. Becoming a lord, marrying Lois, getting his farmlands back, and the ability to help all the people he grew up with that truely needed his help. And 10 children jump !

I loved the addition of Charles at the end. The perfect touch and way to link it all back to the show. Awesome!

Great job--thanks for posting this!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/10/16 10:28 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
Features Writer
Great ending to this excellent tale! I love Clark's first act as Lord Clark. And Lois & Clark with 10 children! Wow! clap

So glad Clark & Lois lived happily... finally! hyper

The addition of Charles was fabulous. The toy fox was inspired. My first thought was so that's where Sir Charles got the idea for "The Fox."

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Awww! I am so happy for things to have worked out the way that they did smile! Great job, DC notworthy clap.

I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed this story. It's definitely been such a fun treat to see you post and then hurry and read along. Sad to see it over, but so happy that everything worked out the way that it did.

You literally gave Clark about the best possible happy ending. Becoming a lord, marrying Lois, getting his farmlands back, and the ability to help all the people he grew up with that truely needed his help. And 10 children jump !

I loved the addition of Charles at the end. The perfect touch and way to link it all back to the show. Awesome!

Great job--thanks for posting this!
Laura

Thank you! I'm so pleased you liked the ending, and I'm blushing over your praise! blush I'm also glad you liked the throwback/link to canon.

Thanks for reading! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Great ending to this excellent tale! I love Clark's first act as Lord Clark. And Lois & Clark with 10 children! Wow! clap

So glad Clark & Lois lived happily... finally! hyper

The addition of Charles was fabulous. The toy fox was inspired. My first thought was so that's where Sir Charles got the idea for "The Fox."

Thanks for reading! So glad you liked it! 10 children - lots of love in a pre-birth control era. wink

And you'd better believe that's where "The Fox" came from. Charles' favorite childhood toy. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Great ending to the story. The link to Sir Charles was clear enough while still being subtle. So glad the king came through and gave Clark a title...I thought that might be a solution to their problem. wink Love and happiness wins in the end! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Great ending to the story. The link to Sir Charles was clear enough while still being subtle. So glad the king came through and gave Clark a title...I thought that might be a solution to their problem. wink Love and happiness wins in the end! thumbsup

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it! And I'm glad you liked the throw to Sir Charles. I know a lot of people were rooting for Lord Lane to bestow Clark's lordship, but I couldn't resist throwing in King Bruce.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The solution get Lois and Clark together? Have the King make him into a nobleman and take over Lord Luthor's fiefdom. dance Since it was a common practice to give as a gift, land to a loyal man it is the perfect way to settle several problems. The Kent/Lane lands are benefiting from Clark's benevolent stewardship a win/win for all concerned. Early Utopia?

It is a good thing Clark was learning to read and write before all of this happened, it gave him a firm foundation when he studied the greater complexities of running a manor with Lord Lane.

Ten children?!

The Fox reference threw me at first, then I realized where you were going with that. Great story!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
The solution get Lois and Clark together? Have the King make him into a nobleman and take over Lord Luthor's fiefdom. dance Since it was a common practice to give as a gift, land to a loyal man it is the perfect way to settle several problems. The Kent/Lane lands are benefiting from Clark's benevolent stewardship a win/win for all concerned. Early Utopia?

It is a good thing Clark was learning to read and write before all of this happened, it gave him a firm foundation when he studied the greater complexities of running a manor with Lord Lane.

Ten children?!

The Fox reference threw me at first, then I realized where you were going with that. Great story!

Glad you liked it! I'll admit that A Knight's Tale influenced the bestowal of the lordship. That and, as you said, it was common practice at the time.

Yes, it's fortunate for Clark to have learned how to read and write prior to his new title and position. It would have really helped him get used to all the new things he would have to learn and be responsible for.

Lois: Yes, ten children. Next time, can my soul spawn in a time where birth control is at least an option? I love my kids, but I'm EXHAUSTED!

I nearly wrote it so that one of Clark's great-grandsons wife would be pregnant and says Charles when asked for a name if it's a boy, but I thought it played out better and less confusing this way. It also gave me room to give the little "fox" detail, just in case.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard