Next Thread
Print Thread
#271241 08/08/16 09:03 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Whew!

Real life can be a challenge at times. It's taken all day for me to get Part Two posted! dizzy

In any case, now we are going to see life from Alt-Clark's perspective. His life was not as bad as canon Alt-Clark, he did not go into a series of foster homes after the Kents were tragically killed in a car accident. But was raised by ... oops! Let the story speak for itself. As always, comments are welcome!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/08/16 09:11 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Morgana,

It has been so long since I did the beta for this chapter, it was like it was all fresh and new reading it now.

This story has been years in the making and I am sure that those who comit to reading it will enjoy it. I know just how much work went into the writing.

I would also encourage the readers to leave feedback. This is a different take from my story on Herb helping Alt. Clark find his Lois, with a little help from his friends at the end.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Kerth
Kerth
You've developed a really deep story here. The world is populated by characters from canon, but in slightly tweaked situations and with just enough personality differences that they are recognizable, but clearly different. I'm interested to see how the story progresses.

P.S. Napoleon is my favorite person in all of history. I spent several years in college going to annual conventions of the Napoleonic Society of America. Vive l'empereur! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Goobie

You've developed a really deep story here. The world is populated by characters from canon, but in slightly tweaked situations and with just enough personality differences that they are recognizable, but clearly different. I'm interested to see how the story progresses.

P.S. Napoleon is my favorite person in all of history. I spent several years in college going to annual conventions of the Napoleonic Society of America. Vive l'empereur! smile

Hi There! wave

One of the joys (and dangers) of writing in an Alternative Universe is to change familiar characters enough to add spice to the story without alienating the readers. The second challenge is being consistent throughout. Whew! This is going to be a test and I'm very much interested in your thoughts as to whether or not I carried this out! grin

Napoleon was a fascinating man and it has never ceased to amaze me how he has captured the minds of so many writers. Years ago I attended a Napoleon and the exhibits were simply incredible. Vive l'empereur indeed!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/18/16 04:51 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hey Morgana wave...

Sorry I'm just getting back into this awesome story today. I've been a little bit swamped by RL, but things are settling down a bit it seems. I had some time this afternoon, and really wanted to start reading this story again.

What a great chapter! I LOVE all the details. How you paint the characters and the surroundings so wonderfully--it makes it really easy to picture the scenes playing out as I read. And I'm really enjoying seeing all the similarities and differences that you've incorporated into everyone. It's captivating!

Clark has arrived. He's in Metropolis, he has the job, he's in a relationship that doesn't feel right with Lana. I am waiting on pins and needles for him to meet Lois. How will he react? How will she react? I CAN NOT wait hyper hyper hyper!

Wonderful job smile
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 08/24/16 04:20 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

So nice to read your comments! Believe me I totally get RL. Summer is a time of BBQs, weddings and trips to the local Farmer's Market for the absolute best fresh veggies. Reading is sometimes put on the back burner, but I am so glad you were able to take out a little time for this fic. hyper

Throughout the story the differences - some subtle some major between the different universes will be seen. Yes, Clark is in Metropolis and working for the Daily Planet. There is so much for him to do, like eventually finding the right place for to live and deal with a demanding girlfriend! help

Morgana

Top Banana
Top Banana
Lana is a real piece of work! She makes me think of nothing so much as a narcissist. Clark would definitely do better with someone whose respect he can earn (like Lois).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

Hey There! Welcome back! wave

Lana is a real piece of work! She makes me think of nothing so much as a narcissist. Clark would definitely do better with someone whose respect he can earn (like Lois).

Yeah, Lana is very much interested in ... Lana. Alt-Clark was originally in love with her and if they had stayed in Smallville would have probably married her. Here on the greater stage of Metropolis Clark is slowly beginning to realize she is not the woman for him.

Lois is not as hard-edged as she was in the series. She is attracted to him and she fighting that, after the 'Federal Disaster' that was Claude, she doesn't want to go through such humilation again. Who can blame her?

Morgana

Features Writer
Features Writer
I love your descriptions of Clark's senses as he wakes from his "dream." Those descriptions are so clear I could feel the sandpaper on his throat and other sensations. clap

I was initially surprised that Herb didn't let him keep his memories, since forewarned is forearmed. And Tempus never plays fair. But then I realized that if Herb sent Clark back in time, maybe Herb would also avoid being caught by Tempus. Or maybe not. Anyway, it will be fun to see what happens.

Lana is as annoying here as she was in the alternate universe in canon. Or maybe even more. laugh Took me a while to realize this isn't the alt-universe from canon.

I love the alternate versions of canon characters. I'm beginning to think I may need to take notes to keep them all straight. lol

Fabulous chapter! Your writing is amazing. clap notworthy

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Cuidadora

Hiya! Thanks so much for the thoughtful comment! wave

I love your descriptions of Clark's senses as he wakes from his "dream." Those descriptions are so clear I could feel the sandpaper on his throat and other sensations. clap

Excellent I was hoping would catch that. Clark thinks he had a very vivid dream, but its his body's reaction to being sent back in time. First to keep Lois from going to the Congo and second being sent back to his younger self. No doubt even with his super body, that much time travel would effect him on some level.

I was initially surprised that Herb didn't let him keep his memories, since forewarned is forearmed. And Tempus never plays fair. But then I realized that if Herb sent Clark back in time, maybe Herb would also avoid being caught by Tempus. Or maybe not. Anyway, it will be fun to see what happens.

There is a reason why Clark was not allowed to keep those memories which shall be explained in a future part.

I love the alternate versions of canon characters. I'm beginning to think I may need to take notes to keep them all straight. lol

It should be easier going forward!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Both of you stop treating him like a child.” A heavy voice growled.

“He’s a grown man who has flown all over the world. The ins and outs of Larkin Airport ought to be simple for him to navigate without having to check in with his ‘handlers’.” Professor Bertram Lang looked from his wife and daughter and then to his antique watch.

Haha! Well I'm glad SOMEBODY said it. Clark has a hard time standing up for himself when it comes to Lana. I wonder why that is....

“It will be a great opportunity for *us* as well. Especially, once you get established at the Daily Planet…” She smiled in a seductive, knowing manner and her blue eyes twinkled. “Oh well, maybe that conversation can wait until later.”

Clark was about to speak when the loudspeaker announced his flight was preparing to board.

“Uh, I gotta go. I’ll call you from Pete’s place.”

“Good, don’t forget to start looking for an apartment right away! Living with Pete, would be inconvenient for…us.”

Controlling much???? splat

“Sounds great, let’s go! When we get back I better call Lana and let her know everything is OK.”

Okay seriously Clark seems unable to do anything without asking Lana's permission first. He needs to stand up to her

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Quote:
“Sounds great, let’s go! When we get back I better call Lana and let her know everything is OK.”

Okay seriously Clark seems unable to do anything without asking Lana's permission first. He needs to stand up to her

In the beginning, Clark does seem downtrodden by Lana, but in time he finds his voice and how! grin

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard