Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, he's home again...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Relieved! clap

Clark impressed me with how well he handled finding the note, getting home to Lord Lane and explaining the situation, and then how--initially--he kept the information away from Lucy, Lois, and James. He was professional, dependable, reliable...even when so much of the situation is pretty personal for him.

I love how Lois' family relates to Clark. Lucy's concern that Clark might have been hurt. James seeing the love between Clark and Lois and wishing he could help. Ellen and Sam valuing his work and honesty.

And I'm so glad to have Lois and Clark get a moment or two together by themselves at the end.

Hoping for that happy ending? Can Clark's ranking be bumped up due to outstanding service? Please? grovel

Great job, DC!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Relieved! clap

Clark impressed me with how well he handled finding the note, getting home to Lord Lane and explaining the situation, and then how--initially--he kept the information away from Lucy, Lois, and James. He was professional, dependable, reliable...even when so much of the situation is pretty personal for him.

I love how Lois' family relates to Clark. Lucy's concern that Clark might have been hurt. James seeing the love between Clark and Lois and wishing he could help. Ellen and Sam valuing his work and honesty.

And I'm so glad to have Lois and Clark get a moment or two together by themselves at the end.

Hoping for that happy ending? Can Clark's ranking be bumped up due to outstanding service? Please? grovel

Great job, DC!
Laura

I think we're *all* breathing a little easier with Clark being back home.

Glad you liked how he handled things. He's still very shaken up and terrified, but he's also confident that he's doing what needs to be done.

I liked getting to write Clark interacting with the whole family. He's really been accepted in as "one of them," especially by the "kids." It's like he's a brother or cousin to them, rather than a servant.

I do have a bunch of stuff planned for the final chapter. Stay tuned! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh, good, there's a king. Obviously, he hasn't been paying attention to what his so called nobility has been up to in this region. Will he do anything to help Lord and Lady Lane? Now, Lady Lois will be free to marry her other neighbor to the East, Sir Daniel-the-Wildshirt-Scardino. And everyone will live happily ever after! Right? Lois and Dan, and Clark and Merlyn.

CLARK: mecry

Or not.

Perhaps the Greek Myths aren't the best stories to hit next. They're all about Zeus cheating on his wife with EVERY FEMALE HE CAN FIND, and in not always so nice a manner. And young women being punished because men can't keep their hands off of them. Clark doesn't really want to read about another man of privilege (or in this case God) who does as he likes with the women in his life (with no repercussions), does he?

How about the story of Cupid and Psyche, where the crazy mother-in-law (that would be Aphrodite) makes Psyche go through Herculean trials to earn the right to continue to be married to her son (Cupid), whom Psyche hadn't known she was married to because she wasn't allowed to look upon him. Her jealous sisters convinced her that he must be hideous, so to take a peek at him with a candle while he was sleeping. (Basis for the Beauty & Beast Fairy tale, BTW). A much more romantic a story.

Or there's The Lysistrata a Greek comedy (and one of my favorites) by Aristophanes. It's about the Greek women refusing to give men any sexual favors until they stop waging war because the women are tired of them being gone all the time. Very funny. Although probably not appropriate reading material for an unmarried woman at that time. Maybe after she and Clark run off to France. wink

Anyway, back to your story. I'm glad Lord and Lady Lane listened to Clark and believed him. Now, what? How exactly are you going to tie up these dangling strings in one Part, DC?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Oh, good, there's a king. Obviously, he hasn't been paying attention to what his so called nobility has been up to in this region. Will he do anything to help Lord and Lady Lane? Now, Lady Lois will be free to marry her other neighbor to the East, Sir Daniel-the-Wildshirt-Scardino. And everyone will live happily ever after! Right? Lois and Dan, and Clark and Merlyn.

CLARK: mecry

Or not.

Perhaps the Greek Myths aren't the best stories to hit next. They're all about Zeus cheating on his wife with EVERY FEMALE HE CAN FIND, and in not always so nice a manner. And young women being punished because men can't keep their hands off of them. Clark doesn't really want to read about another man of privilege (or in this case God) who does as he likes with the women in his life (with no repercussions), does he?

How about the story of Cupid and Psyche, where the crazy mother-in-law (that would be Aphrodite) makes Psyche go through Herculean trials to earn the right to continue to be married to her son (Cupid), whom Psyche hadn't known she was married to because she wasn't allowed to look upon him. Her jealous sisters convinced her that he must be hideous, so to take a peek at him with a candle while he was sleeping. (Basis for the Beauty & Beast Fairy tale, BTW). A much more romantic a story.

Or there's The Lysistrata a Greek comedy (and one of my favorites) by Aristophanes. It's about the Greek women refusing to give men any sexual favors until they stop waging war because the women are tired of them being gone all the time. Very funny. Although probably not appropriate reading material for an unmarried woman at that time. Maybe after she and Clark run off to France. wink

Anyway, back to your story. I'm glad Lord and Lady Lane listened to Clark and believed him. Now, what? How exactly are you going to tie up these dangling strings in one Part, DC?

The king has been paying attention and well...you'll see.

Lady Lois: Lord Daniel? Yikes! What's next? Clark has to marry Mayson, the local tavern wench? peep

Clark: I liked the myths. Sure, they are full of sex and violence, but I did relate to Prometheus! Besides, now I know why Lord Luthor was so obsessed with such morally bankrupt characters.

I have a bit of ground to cover in the last chapter, but I do tie up the loose ends, and then some. Don't expect it to end with a wedding though. Hopefully, it will be satisfying though.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
"Goodnight, Clark," she replied. "I...I hope you know, I still love you. I always will."

He smiled at her - one of his blindingly wonderful smiles that lit up the whole world. "And I love you. I will spend the rest of my life loving you."

Lois leaned in and kissed him on the lips. "For all eternity," she whispered, just before he kissed her back.

"Forever my soul mate," he murmured.

Awwwwww! How WAFFY! So romantic! It's so sweet how everyone in the Lane family is clearly in Clark's corner and wishing for Lois' happiness. I don't see how you're going to wrap this up in only one more part. I really hope Lois and Clark find a way to be together in the end, even if the wedding lies somewhere off in the future. love

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
"Goodnight, Clark," she replied. "I...I hope you know, I still love you. I always will."

He smiled at her - one of his blindingly wonderful smiles that lit up the whole world. "And I love you. I will spend the rest of my life loving you."

Lois leaned in and kissed him on the lips. "For all eternity," she whispered, just before he kissed her back.

"Forever my soul mate," he murmured.

Awwwwww! How WAFFY! So romantic! It's so sweet how everyone in the Lane family is clearly in Clark's corner and wishing for Lois' happiness. I don't see how you're going to wrap this up in only one more part. I really hope Lois and Clark find a way to be together in the end, even if the wedding lies somewhere off in the future. love

Glad you enjoyed the WAFF! smile

Rest assured, everything will be wrapped up. But will they get together? Or will I kill people off? Never know with this twisted muse of mine! devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
"Look, you're not in any trouble." That was James. "We know something happened that really upset our parents. But they're holed up in their bedchamber and won't answer us when we knock."

"We've only seen them do something like this in the worst of situations," Lois added. "So we know something awful must have happened."

"Were you mistreated at Luthor Manor?" asked Lucy, concerned, peering at him as though checking for injuries.

"I'm fine, milady," he began. "It's just...something did come up while I was there. But I'm not sure how much I can say. I don't want to betray your parents' confidence."

The scene was written so well. It was easy to visualize all of them sitting in Clark's room discussing this very serious matter like equals. It was an especially nice touch that Lucy asked about his physical well-being before Lois. He is fortunate indeed to have landed among such fine people given a rather comfortable living as the Stable Master.

What a sharp contrast to the Luthor household!

Now that Tempus and Luthor have been busted, how are Lois and Clark going to get together? sloppy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
"Look, you're not in any trouble." That was James. "We know something happened that really upset our parents. But they're holed up in their bedchamber and won't answer us when we knock."

"We've only seen them do something like this in the worst of situations," Lois added. "So we know something awful must have happened."

"Were you mistreated at Luthor Manor?" asked Lucy, concerned, peering at him as though checking for injuries.

"I'm fine, milady," he began. "It's just...something did come up while I was there. But I'm not sure how much I can say. I don't want to betray your parents' confidence."

The scene was written so well. It was easy to visualize all of them sitting in Clark's room discussing this very serious matter like equals. It was an especially nice touch that Lucy asked about his physical well-being before Lois. He is fortunate indeed to have landed among such fine people given a rather comfortable living as the Stable Master.

What a sharp contrast to the Luthor household!

Now that Tempus and Luthor have been busted, how are Lois and Clark going to get together? sloppy

Thank you! Glad you liked it. I'm a fan of that scene myself. I loved getting the chance to have all the younger characters sit down as equals. It only felt right that Lucy ask if he was mistreated - as she's the one he helped out when she was injured herself.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard