Next Thread
Print Thread
#271197 08/05/16 07:02 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Greetings!

As was mentioned previously, I shall post this story on Mondays and Fridays.

This is part will give us more background on Alt-Lois' before Clark comes into her life. As we saw previously she is different from our Lois, those differences will be more pronounced in this part.

Happy reading!

Last edited by Morgana; 08/05/16 07:06 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Good background info on Alt-Lois, so that we see the differences between her and canon, and so we know where she is in her life when she meets Alt-Clark. Experience has taught her caution, but also a willingness to extend the hand of friendship and work with others. Maybe she won't immediately reject Alt-Clark or have her defenses up quite as high as in canon. I just hope that Eduardo doesn't stab her in the back - if he steals or sabotages her story, I could see Alt-Lois becoming completely deflated and retreating back into her own world. Looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm liking this version of Lois -- less Mad Dog Lane and more open to other people.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Goobie

Good background info on Alt-Lois, so that we see the differences between her and canon, and so we know where she is in her life when she meets Alt-Clark. Experience has taught her caution, but also a willingness to extend the hand of friendship and work with others. Maybe she won't immediately reject Alt-Clark or have her defenses up quite as high as in canon. I just hope that Eduardo doesn't stab her in the back - if he steals or sabotages her story, I could see Alt-Lois becoming completely deflated and retreating back into her own world. Looking forward to the next part. thumbsup

Hiya!
Thanks for the comment Goobie! It was important to give a vivid background of who Lois is in this universe. She has a good relationship with her family and is open to friendships. Sadly she will still have her defenses up, Claude's betrayal cut pretty deep, however she'll be more welcoming of Clark as a partner and friend. With maddening results. whistle

Interesting point about Eduardo, only time will tell.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
One of the problems with commenting having read most of the story is to not give away plot points...

I do really like this version of Lois, one who had been through pretty much the same trials as canon Lois but who came through them less emotionally harmed. This Lois has a few more friends than canon Lois seemed to have which can make a big difference.

Mad Dog Lane is still somewhat in evidence professionally but there is less of the isolated personal Lois of L&C canon which means alt-Clark should have a bit less of problem working working his way into her life than canon Clark did.

One big difference, to me, is that canon Lois would have just sat and complained the entire 2 days that she was stuck at the airport where this Lois dove in and created many great human interest stories that the Planet could use. The old sage about lemons and lemonade...

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 08/07/16 10:43 AM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I've enjoyed getting to know this Lois, and I can see her differences really playing up well with Alt. Clark. They are both different from the originals, and I love that you are taking their reality, their personalities, and their histories and making them their own.

I'm very excited to see what Lois' first impression of Alt. Clark will be...and how she also responds to Superman.

Great job setting this story up clap notworthy!

Looking forward to more,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
AnnieB

I'm liking this version of Lois -- less Mad Dog Lane and more open to other people.

Yes! I wanted the readers to see this is a different Lois. So glad that is coming across to everyone. Who would have imagined she could be on good terms with Catherine Grant? Mad Dog Lane will make an appearance, but not as much as she did in the series.

One thing; she will be hard on Clark, but not for same reasons! peep

Last edited by Morgana; 08/08/16 04:11 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

One big difference, to me, is that canon Lois would have just sat and complained the entire 2 days that she was stuck at the airport where this Lois dove in and created many great human interest stories that the Planet could use. The old sage about lemons and lemonade...

You know, I didn't even think about that? She would have been screaming bloody murder and driving people nuts. Because Lois saw the human element she was able to write a number of compassionate stories. That whole scene is based partially on my own and my brother's travel experiences. Believe me, being in an airport without heat in the dead of winter is no laughing matter.

Last edited by Morgana; 08/08/16 04:17 PM.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

I've enjoyed getting to know this Lois, and I can see her differences really playing up well with Alt. Clark. They are both different from the originals, and I love that you are taking their reality, their personalities, and their histories and making them their own.

Since we were never introduced to Alt-Lois in the series, she is pretty much a blank slate to work with. In some stories she's really sweet and approachable and in others she's a little scary. This is my take. Hope you like the way Alt-Clark is portrayed!

Morgana

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I apologize. Next time I go too far...”

Lois apologized? Didn't see that coming but she is different from cannon Lois so anything goes. I like that she saw where she messed up and admitted fault.

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Quote:
“I apologize. Next time I go too far...”

Lois apologized? Didn't see that coming but she is different from cannon Lois so anything goes. I like that she saw where she messed up and admitted fault.

Yes! This is one of the things that had to happen in this story. Lois had to be different from the one in the originial universe. Glad you like her.

Last edited by Morgana; 03/28/17 03:13 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard