Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#271156 08/02/16 12:53 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Admit it. It HAD to be done. Now, excuse me while I go check my house for Pokémon before bed. peep laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Really cute, DC. I didn't know the Pokemon game before, but now I have information. Not even my kids played it (that I know of).
When I started reading this story, I envisioned Clark being so
occupied with the game, he walked off a cliff like some boys in
San Diego did. Unlike them, he suddenly realized he was standing in clear air and Lois saw him, thus his secret was revealed.
r/
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Kerth
Kerth
Adorable! My son has been obsessed since the day it came out. On the plus side, I don't think he's gotten this much exercise in his life! wink I can totally see Lois getting into the game. As soon as Clark started picking up Pokémon from other continents, I knew he'd be busted! laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hee! Cute! laugh

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Really cute, DC. I didn't know the Pokemon game before, but now I have information. Not even my kids played it (that I know of).
When I started reading this story, I envisioned Clark being so
occupied with the game, he walked off a cliff like some boys in
San Diego did. Unlike them, he suddenly realized he was standing in clear air and Lois saw him, thus his secret was revealed.
r/
Artemis

Thanks! My sister was into Pokémon for a bit when it first came out. I wound up playing a few of the games because she had them (Pokémon Yellow on the Game Boy, Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Stadium for the N64), and I've seen some of the cartoon and movies. It's a totally cute show (I prefer the original seasons as opposed to the newer stuff). So, of course I was excited when GO came out last month!

I have to admit, I never even thought of a scenario like you described - but that would have been awesome! smile

Glad you enjoyed the ride!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Adorable! My son has been obsessed since the day it came out. On the plus side, I don't think he's gotten this much exercise in his life! wink I can totally see Lois getting into the game. As soon as Clark started picking up Pokémon from other continents, I knew he'd be busted! laugh

I've also been playing since Day One. One of the pages I follow on Facebook (for a convention) had been posting about it, and as soon as I saw that it was live, I went for it. I have to admit, I'm finding excuses to get out of the house because of the game!

I think Lois would LOVE the challenge of the game. She would totally be in on the "stampedes" that have been happening as people try to get the rare spawns, like that Vaporeon in Central Park a couple of weeks ago.

Clark really should have been more aware of the tracking abilities in the game, huh?

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Hee! Cute! laugh

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun (and educational) story. I still have no intention of getting into the game, but at least now I know some more of the basics about it.

Joy,
Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww, DC, this was wonderful!

I'm fairly clueless on the game--just bits of what I've heard here and there about it--so I feel like, thanks to this story, I've gotten a bit of an education on it smile. Knowing more now, I can really see how it could be fun, and I love how it makes people get out, go, actually move to play the game.

I can totally see Lois (and Clark) enjoying this game. The way you fit it into their world, and their relationship, was done perfectly. I was not expecting all of the lovely WAFF when I started reading this, so a big thank you for that, too love .

I really, really enjoyed this smile...great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a fun (and educational) story. I still have no intention of getting into the game, but at least now I know some more of the basics about it.

Joy,
Lynn

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it, even if you don't plan to hunt Pikachus in real life. wink laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA #271179 08/03/16 11:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Aww, DC, this was wonderful!

I'm fairly clueless on the game--just bits of what I've heard here and there about it--so I feel like, thanks to this story, I've gotten a bit of an education on it smile. Knowing more now, I can really see how it could be fun, and I love how it makes people get out, go, actually move to play the game.

I can totally see Lois (and Clark) enjoying this game. The way you fit it into their world, and their relationship, was done perfectly. I was not expecting all of the lovely WAFF when I started reading this, so a big thank you for that, too love .

I really, really enjoyed this smile...great job!
Laura

Thanks, Laura! I'm so glad the non-players were able to follow along (and maybe learn more about the game). The game really IS fun. It certainly makes running errands a lot more fun, if you are catching critters while standing on line at the supermarket, for example! Hubby and I are both playing and constantly sending our phones with each other on short errands, especially if we know there will be a Pokestop for freebies on the way!

Funny thing, I never meant for this to turn into a WAFFy story. It was meant to be short and game focused with the revelation at the end, but the story had other plans!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
For a second there, with Lois getting all dreamy, I thought we'd get a different kind of revelation. One where Lois proposes to Clark before him (you know it's in her competitive nature.)

I'm glad it was Lois who caught Superman's Go addiction instead of someone else noticing that this certain reporter is in all these photos around the world. It's nice to know that Clark and Lois aren't one of those couples who spend more time on their phones than interacting face-to-face or doing things offline. I am a bit surprised that Clark doesn't password protect HIS phone. BIG mistake, Man of Steel.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
For a second there, with Lois getting all dreamy, I thought we'd get a different kind of revelation. One where Lois proposes to Clark before him (you know it's in her competitive nature.)

I'm glad it was Lois who caught Superman's Go addiction instead of someone else noticing that this certain reporter is in all these photos around the world. It's nice to know that Clark and Lois aren't one of those couples who spend more time on their phones than interacting face-to-face or doing things offline. I am a bit surprised that Clark doesn't password protect HIS phone. BIG mistake, Man of Steel.

Ooh, now that would be something - to see Lois put herself out there and propose! (Yes, I know she did in canon, but I don't often see it in fics.)

Something tells me, even if Clark had a password protection on his phone, Lois would crack it in a heartbeat. smile And there's no way anything on Clark's phone would pull his attention away from Lois.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I don't play the game. I don't have a phone or even want one, but I did have some of the old Pokémon games. I had Pokémon Red, Yellow & Silver and Pokémon Snap. And my brother and I rented the Pokémon Stadium game a few times. So I am familiar with Pokémon and recognized the ones mentioned in the story. A couple of my favorites were in there. grin

Very cute story. smile

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lady Loisette
I don't play the game. I don't have a phone or even want one, but I did have some of the old Pokémon games. I had Pokémon Red, Yellow & Silver and Pokémon Snap. And my brother and I rented the Pokémon Stadium game a few times. So I am familiar with Pokémon and recognized the ones mentioned in the story. A couple of my favorites were in there. grin

Very cute story. smile

Thanks! I actually just recently downloaded Pokémon Yellow on my Gameboy 2DS. (Hubby got me one for Mother's Day.) I played it back in the day, and did beat it, but I thought it could be fun to play again. Today, I nearly killed my phone battery playing Pokémon GO at the mall. I can see Lois having more than one backup battery with her while she plays! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Cute story. I don't have the game, but have an idea of how it's played now. Loved how Clark gave himself away by the game. It's so Lois to snoop in his phone! lol Much nicer consequence than the story I read this week in the news.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Cute story. I don't have the game, but have an idea of how it's played now. Loved how Clark gave himself away by the game. It's so Lois to snoop in his phone! lol Much nicer consequence than the story I read this week in the news.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the reveal! It's certainly more fun than all the bad stuff connected to the game. And all the people dumping on those of us who play and are having fun with it.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Top Banana
Top Banana
Great story. It gave me a lot of insight into a game I know nothing about. Even with all the hype, all I knew was that people could wander around outside and 'catch' pokemon.

What's really interesting is that - after reading this and understanding the game better - my husband pointed out that he thinks there is a pokemon on our front yard wall. He keeps seeing groups of people stopping and pointing their phones. He's convinced of it. Wish there was a way to find out without actually having to download the game!

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Victoria,

I have heard that there is a way to request that Pokemon be removed from your property; my understanding is that they are only supposed to be in public places.

Do you have any friends or neighbours who play the game and whom you could ask? Or could you simply ask one of the people who are pointing their cameras at your wall?

- Lynn

Last edited by Lynn S. M.; 08/13/16 03:45 AM. Reason: accidentally submitted before completion
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Great story. It gave me a lot of insight into a game I know nothing about. Even with all the hype, all I knew was that people could wander around outside and 'catch' pokemon.

What's really interesting is that - after reading this and understanding the game better - my husband pointed out that he thinks there is a pokemon on our front yard wall. He keeps seeing groups of people stopping and pointing their phones. He's convinced of it. Wish there was a way to find out without actually having to download the game!

Could be, though I don't usually keep finding Pokémon in the exact same spot. I'm wondering if you might somehow be a Pokestop, and they are collecting freebies. I know there are third party apps that claim to show Pokémon, gyms, and stops in real time, but I haven't tried them myself.

Glad you enjoyed the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard