Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#194069 06/20/10 09:29 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I had no idea some of the names like Larry Smiley and Bob Fences were plays on real people. Still I think that as the show progressed the names became more unbelievable. I mean... Sweet Tart?! :rolleyes:
That's the worst I can remember. I missed the first season names even with the two Tonis...

Granny Weatherwax: 'You've got to think headology, see? Not muck about with all this beauty and wealth business. That's not important.'

Wyrd Sisters, Terry Pratchett
#194070 06/25/10 11:02 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Dr. Faraday and Dr. Leit from the Eyes Have It - Michael Faraday was a famous scientist (Faraday Effect) with 2 units of electricity named after him, the farad and the faraday. Leit, sounds like light.
Well, there is a Dr. Light in the comics. More than one, if I remember correctly.

I can't help but wonder if Dr. Gretchen Kell(e?)y is named after a famous character in Goethe's Faust.

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
#194071 05/24/11 09:25 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wasn't Clark's middle name of Jerome supposed to be a throwback to some creator?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194072 05/25/11 02:52 AM
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
The original creators of the Superman character were Jerry Siegel, and Joe Shuster. (Yes, of "Shuster's Field" fame.) Perhaps the writers chose "Jerome" because it begins with the same letter as the first names of Siegel and Shuster?

Joy,
Lynn

#194073 05/25/11 05:21 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Jerry is the nickname for Jerome. Jerome "Jerry" Siegel.

On the show, both Perry and Clark's middle names are Jerome, and Perry's son is Jerry.

Edited to add: My father's name is Jerome, and everyone calls him Jerry.

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#194074 05/25/11 07:44 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, yeah Vicki - I totally forgot that both Clark and Perry share a middle name. I've always found that very humerous indeed. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#194075 05/25/11 09:46 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
It wouldn't be quite so funny if they both had a common middle name, like John or something, but Jerome?

"Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster and what has happened once in 6,000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution" - Daniel Webster
#194076 05/25/11 12:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by LNCroxmysox:
Multiple references to the name Carlin (Carlini's in The Pilot; Ariana Carlin in Madame Ex, and a few others circa season 1) were a nod to Mike Carlin.
There a Carlin building in an episode or two. I always thought it was one of Lex Luthor's in honor of Ari Carlin.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#194077 05/26/11 03:55 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
This one might be a stretch, but it occurred to me recently in one of those forehead slapping moments, so I figured I'd share.

In the New Krypton episodes, one of the bad guys is Jen Mai. I never thought it was anything other than a made up name until I was telling someone about one of my favorite green teas -- Gen Mai Cha (sometimes spelled Genmaicha) which is a combination of green sencha and roasted brown rice. Here I am, years later, and the name suddenly sounded so familiar to my ears ... and then it hit me. goofy

No idea if it's a coincidence, but I now have this image of Brad Buckner and Eugenie Ross-Leming desperately searching for a name of their newest villain, only to suddenly grin as they make their fourth pot of tea. wink

Kathy

#194078 05/30/11 05:49 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
LOL Kathy. I remember Steranko's name being mentioned also. Since my brothers are friends with him the name stuck out. I don't know what ep but it was in reference to a street, at the corner of Steranko and one of those other famous names up there. Jim Steranko is a famous comic book artist among other things.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Myrtle Beech and Voyle Grumman - Beech and Grumman are both aircraft companies and there was a Beech-Grumman aircraft as well.

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard