Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<Cue the Dun-dun-DUN! music>

devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark needed that time with Merlin to clear his head. It's always best not to take for oneself before speaking and saying something you regret later, because you had spoken in haste and in anger.

Hmmmm. Who was the lone rider? Was he really associated with Luthor? Or was a scout for Tempos in disguise? It's a more horrific situation if the lord under which the Kent family had their home (and protection) was actually in league with the men who burned the farm and killed Jonathan. Perhaps that was the true reason that Luthor sold Clark as a slave, so he wouldn't be in the neighborhood to notice that his animals hadn't actually left the county.

How frustrating it must be for Clark to not only have Lois engaged to marry Luthor, but having to convince her that Luthor is a dangerous fellow. Scary stuff that happened with Arianna.

What will Clark learn at Luthor's stables when he delivers the two horses? Will anyone from Luthor's staff recognize him as a local farmer, whom Luthor sold as a slave? If so, how will he be punished? As I could not see them allowing him to return to the household of the Luthor's beloved (or fiancee as this case more accurately would be) should he be found out, especially if he learns more that ties Luthor to Tempos.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Poor Clark! Glad he was able to get away to get some perspective. And that Merlin is so understanding!

Glad to see Clark standing up for what he sees as the truth. And that's something for him to stand up to noblewoman Lois and try to correct her perceptions of Luthor.

Scary about the possibility of Luthor and Tempos collaborating. Wondering if the raids are coordinated between the two lords, or maybe some of the raids attributed to Tempos' men are actually done by someone else, like Luthor's men. My horrible thought is that the raid on the Kent farm and Jonathan's death were planned by Luthor.

Lord Lane doesn't seem to fully understand the depth of Clark's fear of returning to Luthor Manor. Maybe he'll think about it and have another servant travel with Clark. Hopefully Clark's disguise, which I assume is both his appearance and his mannerisms, holds up. Or maybe he won't run into anyone who knew him from before. I would think if he were recognized, that would upset him terribly even if it wasn't dangerous. At the very least, his voice may be different since he's had some time to grieve Jonathan.

Looking forward to more of this story.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Clark needed that time with Merlin to clear his head. It's always best not to take for oneself before speaking and saying something you regret later, because you had spoken in haste and in anger.

Hmmmm. Who was the lone rider? Was he really associated with Luthor? Or was a scout for Tempos in disguise? It's a more horrific situation if the lord under which the Kent family had their home (and protection) was actually in league with the men who burned the farm and killed Jonathan. Perhaps that was the true reason that Luthor sold Clark as a slave, so he wouldn't be in the neighborhood to notice that his animals hadn't actually left the county.

How frustrating it must be for Clark to not only have Lois engaged to marry Luthor, but having to convince her that Luthor is a dangerous fellow. Scary stuff that happened with Arianna.

What will Clark learn at Luthor's stables when he delivers the two horses? Will anyone from Luthor's staff recognize him as a local farmer, whom Luthor sold as a slave? If so, how will he be punished? As I could not see them allowing him to return to the household of the Luthor's beloved (or fiancee as this case more accurately would be) should he be found out, especially if he learns more that ties Luthor to Tempos.

Luckily, this Clark is smarter than canon Clark in a lot of ways. He hasn't broken up with her for her own good or accused her of sleeping with a medieval equivalent of a DEA agent.

Lone rider actually is one of Luthor's servants, trying to deliver a message. We won't see that rider again. But we will be going to Luthor Manor.

Clark is definitely frustrated. He gets why she's trying to see the upside, but he knows she's misguided in that attempt.

Clark never had any dealings with the servants at Luthor Manor, so he's pretty much in the clear, as far as being recognized.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Poor Clark! Glad he was able to get away to get some perspective. And that Merlin is so understanding!

Glad to see Clark standing up for what he sees as the truth. And that's something for him to stand up to noblewoman Lois and try to correct her perceptions of Luthor.

Scary about the possibility of Luthor and Tempos collaborating. Wondering if the raids are coordinated between the two lords, or maybe some of the raids attributed to Tempos' men are actually done by someone else, like Luthor's men. My horrible thought is that the raid on the Kent farm and Jonathan's death were planned by Luthor.

Lord Lane doesn't seem to fully understand the depth of Clark's fear of returning to Luthor Manor. Maybe he'll think about it and have another servant travel with Clark. Hopefully Clark's disguise, which I assume is both his appearance and his mannerisms, holds up. Or maybe he won't run into anyone who knew him from before. I would think if he were recognized, that would upset him terribly even if it wasn't dangerous. At the very least, his voice may be different since he's had some time to grieve Jonathan.

Looking forward to more of this story.

Merlin's a good listener. Not much of a talker. wink

Clark is Clark, no matter when or where his soul spawns. He's always going to stand up for truth and justice, no matter who the audience is. That's one of the great things about him.

Lord Lane is clueless as to Clark's absolute blood-freezing terror. He doesn't see/know the darker side to life in the Luthor lands. No one knows Clark at Luthor Manor, so he's got at least that one thing going for him.

More coming soon! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Clark never had any dealings with the servants at Luthor Manor, so he's pretty much in the clear, as far as being recognized.
But Clark was taken there to be sentenced as a thief or poacher or whatever. Someone other than Luthor must have seen him!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
But Clark was taken there to be sentenced as a thief or poacher or whatever. Someone other than Luthor must have seen him!

Well..he was taken out back. There *was* another person who might recognize him. But not so much with the few people he'll have dealings with once he gets there. So he's good, so long as he avoids Luthor's main servant. Nigel.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally able to read this part, busy weekend despite of the heat.

Clark was feeling good. After nearly a week of Lord Luthor's presence in Lane Manor, the man and his retinue were finally leaving. It almost felt like a boulder had been sitting on Clark's chest, rendering him unable to breathe, ever since Lord Luthor had stepped foot on Lord Lane's lands. But now Luthor was leaving and the boulder had been lifted, allowing Clark to breathe once again.

All seems right with the world now that Lord Luthor and his retinue are finally leaving stately Lane Manor.

"Until our next meeting then, when we merge our families into one," Luthor said, just before nudging his horse into motion.

Or is it?

He saw the fleeting look of hurt on Lois' face, but she quickly covered it up again. She turned without a word and made a swift exit. Clark winced a little as he watched her go. She was angry with him for doing what he'd done. But in that moment, Clark couldn't deal with her anger. He was too busy bleeding from his torn and mangled heart.

Lois has no right to be angry with Clark. His dreams as well as hers have been damaged beyond repair. If anything, she should be sad and yes, a little weepy. Being married to such a heartless man is a daunting thought.

He watched as Merlin drank again from the stream, then frolicked in the snow. It was good to see his friend so happy, but inside in own heart, Clark felt cold and dead. He ceased to feel how cold it was as he sat under that tree. Any traces of an appetite disappeared - not that he'd remembered to take any food with him. He almost felt like he became part of the landscape - small and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Good description of his feelings. At least he has Merlin!

Supposedly, Lady Arianna became tired of his overbearing laws and tried to help. I know there was talk of her having food delivered to the poor in other parts of his lands - they never got to where I lived. Soon after, she died under mysterious circumstances."

This is the first time Arianna has ever been painted in such a positive light. Depending on how you look at it. Poor woman!

At least some good will come of this, Clark thought as Lord Lane took his leave. If I'm forced to go to Luthor's home, I'll be able to look around and see what other secrets he might be hiding. He's already got one of my horses. What else does he have that he shouldn't?

At least in this AU Lex does not have a Kryptonite cage waiting for you!

Next part! grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana!

Finally able to read this part, busy weekend despite of the heat.

Same here. Busy weekend, despite the fact that it was brutally hot out.

All seems right with the world now that Lord Luthor and his retinue are finally leaving stately Lane Manor.

One would think. frown

Lois has no right to be angry with Clark. His dreams as well as hers have been damaged beyond repair. If anything, she should be sad and yes, a little weepy. Being married to such a heartless man is a daunting thought.

You're right. But this is Lois. AND she's a noble. She's not exactly used to not getting her own way. Which makes the Luthor engagement sting all the more. Of course, she knows she's luckier than most women of the time. Still, it never occurred to her that Clark might reject her in any kind of way, and this feels like a rejection.

Good description of his feelings. At least he has Merlin!

Thank you! smile

This is the first time Arianna has ever been painted in such a positive light. Depending on how you look at it. Poor woman!

Ha! I thought it could be a fun way to shake things up a bit.

At least in this AU Lex does not have a Kryptonite cage waiting for you!

No, but this Clark is very not-super. Just a dagger would do the trick...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Great part! All of those feelings are out there. Lord Lane knows about Clark and Lois, and yet doesn't seem upset and is valuing and trusting Clark. Maybe he could grant Clark a knighthood for bravery if he helps bring down Luther? Make him a noble so he can be worthy of Lois' hand in marriage. Still hopeful for a romantic ending! smile Can't wait for the next part.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Great part! All of those feelings are out there. Lord Lane knows about Clark and Lois, and yet doesn't seem upset and is valuing and trusting Clark. Maybe he could grant Clark a knighthood for bravery if he helps bring down Luther? Make him a noble so he can be worthy of Lois' hand in marriage. Still hopeful for a romantic ending! smile Can't wait for the next part.

Thanks! Glad you liked it! Lord Lane is, shall we say, a bit too trusting. Not that he's wrong to trust Clark, but just in general. (After all, he's marrying his daughter off to Lex!) I think we're all glad that he's listening to his gut instinct to trust Clark. Interesting theory you have about how to make Clark "worthy" of Lois. Of course, this assumes that he finds Lex unworthy. wink

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful chapter, DC smile...

I (think) I am glad that Lois' father knows about their feelings? I'm sort of surprised that he figured it out, but, like he said, Clark needing such a quick exit once Lois' engagement was 'out there', was pretty obvious. I'm glad that he sees Clark's value--in being a good person, being so dependable, etc. And that he acknowledged Clark's connection with Lois and how she needed that (just, it seems, as much as Clark). Curious how him knowing will effect chapters going forward...

You've created such a creepy situation for Lois to be getting into. We all now how evil Lex truely is, but to now find out about his first wife and her mysterious death definitely cinches Lois' danger.

And now Clark is heading to Luthor's? Even though Lex won't be there...even though it sounds like he won't be recognized...it still makes me worry for him.

So excited for more--loving this story!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Wonderful chapter, DC smile...

I (think) I am glad that Lois' father knows about their feelings? I'm sort of surprised that he figured it out, but, like he said, Clark needing such a quick exit once Lois' engagement was 'out there', was pretty obvious. I'm glad that he sees Clark's value--in being a good person, being so dependable, etc. And that he acknowledged Clark's connection with Lois and how she needed that (just, it seems, as much as Clark). Curious how him knowing will effect chapters going forward...

You've created such a creepy situation for Lois to be getting into. We all now how evil Lex truely is, but to now find out about his first wife and her mysterious death definitely cinches Lois' danger.

And now Clark is heading to Luthor's? Even though Lex won't be there...even though it sounds like he won't be recognized...it still makes me worry for him.

So excited for more--loving this story!
Laura

Thank you!

Yes, it's a good thing that Sam knows how Lois and Clark feel about each other. And that he trusts them both not to do anything inappropriate. Part of Sam is hugely relieved that Lois has found a friend in Clark.

I'm glad you find the situation creepy. That's exactly what I hoped for!

More to come soon! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard