Print Thread
#270998 07/18/16 10:15 AM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Comments are love dance

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still reading, still loving! With all the namedropping of Wayne Tech and Batman, though, you've got me itching to see the bat himself show up at some point. And what's with this secret society Henderson is apparently apartment of?

Questions aside, I like how you defused the kangaroo-trial setup from this episode. It's refreshing to see logic and fairness prevail; in fact, it reminded me of an old Hatman story (forgot the title, though) where Clark stands up in court and points out everything that's wrong with the case, but when they show him the script, he agrees to go along with it anyway. laugh

~•~
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
The Azure Brotherhood was introduced in 'A World Without Superman'. Its members handle seriously weird metaphysical/occult stuff that other cops really don't want any part of.

(And I do remember the story you mentioned but can't find it in the Archive.)

Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful as always. I look forward to seeing the connection with Mrs. Cox.

Framework4
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hatman's was a different story - the one with the script is Now, Hold On a Minute Here! by Kathy Brown

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
[Linked Image]
A couple of house fires… probably time for the yearly fire safety article."
laugh clap Is this like the yearly seminar on how to not break and enter ,erm, I mean the workplace safety seminar?

And his approval ratings are... I mean he's a nice guy and all but he was replaced with a clone with the IQ of a zucchini and nobody noticed.
rotflol

Perry considered the suggestion for a moment. "He seemed pretty insistent that I be the one to meet him.
Ah, I see. So that’s the way you’re going. Wonder if they’ll actually trick Perry. I mean, he’s smart and all.
LANE: Hey!

He was armed. Loq-El dropped to where he had a good line-of-sight to the gun and then disabled it.
That should be interesting, considering the self-firing bullet? Will Lane feel guilty for messing up or for actually causing the misfire?

"Relax, Mister White," Sykes said, popping the clip out of the gun. Not loaded, see?
And the one that’s chambered?

Perry pulled away, lowering the gun again, but Sykes grabbed his wrist.

Then, suddenly, the gun in Perry's hand fired and Sykes went down.
Yes, Perry sure is the smart one there.
LANE: HEY!

"Could disabling the gun have set it off?"
clap

Henderson tapped his ring – a silver ring with a sapphire blue stone that seemed to glow from within.
You used that one before, didn’t you?

"You're keeping your amulets charged?" Henderson asked.
confused That one from way back when in the story?

You work with us, or not at all, understood? No one, and I mean no one, is above the law in this city."
confused But what about Lex Luthor? And Tempus? Aren’t they above the law?

"Your honor, the state is taking this case very seriously."

"Mister Clemmons, I should hope that the state takes every case seriously," Delgado retorted. "Not just those that might advance your political ambitions."
CLEMMONS: Yeah, yeah, sure, gramps.

"Mister Clemmons, if you are incapable of answering a simple question without referring to your political handler, I suggest you turn this case over to one of your six hundred assistants," Delgado stated grimly. "This case is dismissed without prejudice. Mister White, you are free to go with the court's apologies. Mister Clemmons, you are free to press charges again, assuming you actually have case."
So, oops, then?

but it had put a crimp in their ability to do their jobs as journalists and to have breakfast in Paris or Berlin whenever they wanted.
laugh

"Before Stewart became a political advisor, she worked for LexCorp in public relations. Rumor has it that she was a close friend of Luthor's former assistant, Mrs. Cox."
Ooooh, fun!

You’re giving this a very nice untwisted retwist clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard