Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270993 07/18/16 12:17 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, it happened...much to everyone's disgust.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Argh! The whiplash! Poor Lois! Poor Clark! Poor Lanes as I'm sure Tempos will attack before the wedding. And knowing Luthor, why should he protect them before then... or afterwards? Then again, if his ego is so huge, it wouldn't look good if he let the family of his beloved to die because of the expense. I *could* see him sacrificing the life of the head of the stables though. Especially since the man has been known to spend evening hours alone with Lois in the privacy of his bedchamber.

Oh, what a kiss! *Dreamy* Oh, Clark is not going to be happy to hear of Lois's grand news despite knowing it was a foregone conclusion prior to becoming a slave. Still... Let's hope he hasn't heard of the Japanese grand art of harakiri. (Sorry, after he cut himself with the knife, it came to my mind.)

Then, again, I also am reminded of Buttercup's proposed sacrifice on her so-called wedding day to Prince Humperdink. No, no. I'm hoping no Romeo-Juliet solution to the Clark-Lois dilemma. At least they have 3 months to come up with a solution that will either make Lois as poor as a farmer's wife (or that of a horse master) or make Clark richer than a Luthor.

France. France sounds good. They could still run off to France, right? *shakes head* Nope. I can't see a solution. How will ye give a happy ending, fair DC?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Loved the kiss - they are so sweet and innocent together. The proposal to Luthor was bound to happen...how is Lois going to get out of it? How is Clark going to improve his station in life? I'm enjoying this story very much.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Argh! The whiplash! Poor Lois! Poor Clark! Poor Lanes as I'm sure Tempos will attack before the wedding. And knowing Luthor, why should he protect them before then... or afterwards? Then again, if his ego is so huge, it wouldn't look good if he let the family of his beloved to die because of the expense. I *could* see him sacrificing the life of the head of the stables though. Especially since the man has been known to spend evening hours alone with Lois in the privacy of his bedchamber.

Oh, what a kiss! *Dreamy* Oh, Clark is not going to be happy to hear of Lois's grand news despite knowing it was a foregone conclusion prior to becoming a slave. Still... Let's hope he hasn't heard of the Japanese grand art of harakiri. (Sorry, after he cut himself with the knife, it came to my mind.)

Then, again, I also am reminded of Buttercup's proposed sacrifice on her so-called wedding day to Prince Humperdink. No, no. I'm hoping no Romeo-Juliet solution to the Clark-Lois dilemma. At least they have 3 months to come up with a solution that will either make Lois as poor as a farmer's wife (or that of a horse master) or make Clark richer than a Luthor.

France. France sounds good. They could still run off to France, right? *shakes head* Nope. I can't see a solution. How will ye give a happy ending, fair DC?

Hi, Virginia! wave

Glad you liked the kiss. It's hard to imagine a first (real) kiss for them not being dreamy.

Clark is NOT going to take the engagement news well, I can assure you. But he certainly won't be ritualistically killing himself. wink

Lex is so blind he has no idea that Lois is all cozy with the stable master. HIs ego doesn't allow him to think that a "slave" could be anything more than just "the help." (Lucky for Lois and Clark both!)

I haven't seen The Princess Bride in years! And I've only seen it fully once, back when I was first dating my husband. I thought it was cute, but it's never been something I've actively sought out to watch. Yeah, I know, that makes me a heretic in some circles. wink

France might sound tempting but...my evil muse said no. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Loved the kiss - they are so sweet and innocent together. The proposal to Luthor was bound to happen...how is Lois going to get out of it? How is Clark going to improve his station in life? I'm enjoying this story very much.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the kiss. You're right, of course. The proposal was inevitable. But CAN she get out of it, without sacrificing the lives of the people her family are sworn to protect? Would Lex find a way to "punish" her family?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
See? I knew those two couldn't go for long without kissing! Ooh, what a dreamy kiss it was! sloppy But now our favorite couple is in love and have no place to go. Luthor with his lukewarm marriage proposal has put an end to that! Good move on Lois' part to stall him for at least three months. After all, a woman likes to find a decent gown for her wedding!

Forget about running away. In those days of tiny villages and hamlets, there was literally no where to run or hide ...not even in France. Sooner or later they would be dragged back to Lane Manor in disgrace.

DC this is going to be a tough nut to crack. Waiting anxiously for the next installment. help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
See? I knew those two couldn't go for long without kissing! Ooh, what a dreamy kiss it was! sloppy But now our favorite couple is in love and have no place to go. Luthor with his lukewarm marriage proposal has put an end to that! Good move on Lois' part to stall him for at least three months. After all, a woman likes to find a decent gown for her wedding!

Forget about running away. In those days of tiny villages and hamlets, there was literally no where to run or hide ...not even in France. Sooner or later they would be dragged back to Lane Manor in disgrace.

DC this is going to be a tough nut to crack. Waiting anxiously for the next installment. help

Oh yeah! Of course there would be a kiss! smile Those two really can't help themselves. laugh

You're right, there really isn't anywhere for them to go. They are all very much stuck to their stations in life. And I fear what even the kindhearted Lord Lane would do to Clark if he found out that he'd spirited Lois away.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh boy, DC!

What a chapter--the absolutely wonderful hug, followed by such a sweetly, innocent kiss...and then the news that they will be for sure torn apart by Lois marrying Lex! It's amazing how you can have your readers so engulfed in WAFF, and then feel so badly for them, all in such a short time notworthy sloppy devil.

I just don't know...how can they get out of this situation? How can there be a happy ending? In this story in particular, our favorite couple seems utterly stuck whinging.

Thank goodness for a three month 'engagement' thumbsup. What they do seem to need is time to figure this all out. Come up with a plan.

Laura (whose heart is already breaking for when Clark hears the news mecry )

Awesome job, btw. Loving this story!!!

Last edited by LMA; 07/20/16 01:49 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Oh boy, DC!

What a chapter--the absolutely wonderful hug, followed by such a sweetly, innocent kiss...and then the news that they will be for sure torn apart by Lois marrying Lex! It's amazing how you can have your readers so engulfed in WAFF, and then feel so badly for them, all in such a short time notworthy sloppy devil.

I just don't know...how can they get out of this situation? How can there be a happy ending? In this story in particular, our favorite couple seems utterly stuck whinging.

Thank goodness for a three month 'engagement' thumbsup. What they do seem to need is time to figure this all out. Come up with a plan.

Laura (whose heart is already breaking for when Clark hears the news mecry )

Awesome job, btw. Loving this story!!!

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed the WAFF and the subsequent heartbreak. The truly sad thing is, no amount of plotting and planning on their part will be able to change anything. Clark simply has no influence whatsoever.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Amazing chapter! Lois bandaging Clark's thumb, then the hug and kiss! Wow!

Love the back stories about Paul & Lana. How very similar Lois and Clark are. And their shared laughter. They both desperately need and have found a friend in the other.

And then the reality of their lives come crashing down. They recognize they can't do anything about it, and Lois accepts Lex's proposal. And all in the same chapter. clap

Really enjoying this story!

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
Amazing chapter! Lois bandaging Clark's thumb, then the hug and kiss! Wow!

Love the back stories about Paul & Lana. How very similar Lois and Clark are. And their shared laughter. They both desperately need and have found a friend in the other.

And then the reality of their lives come crashing down. They recognize they can't do anything about it, and Lois accepts Lex's proposal. And all in the same chapter. clap

Really enjoying this story!

Thank you! I thought the bandage scene was a much needed break from all the Lex stuff. Right before I piled out some gross Lex stuff. wink

Glad you liked the back stories. I thought it would be fun to give some more peripheral characters incarnations in this one. Like their souls are surrounded by a certain, core set of other souls.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard