Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270900 07/09/16 02:08 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
You'd think the chapters Clark is in pain would be the hardest to write, but no, that's easy. It's the ones he's happy that I struggle through. Hmm...I hope this doesn't say anything about me. smile

Hope you all enjoy!

Blogger
Blogger
I was having such a good day, AntiK. How am I supposed to be happy after that? wallbash
In other words, I don't know how I'm going to survive the wait for part nine. clap

So Lois thinks she's a mental case, the poor thing. I like how you're incorporating those concerns into the story, but it's odd that she's having such severe physical reactions to the memories. That can't be healthy. Was that the same journal she was writing in when Clark went to check on her after hearing Lex? Why was Lois afraid of Lex if she was told he wasn't important anymore?

That last scene reminds me of Lois slamming the door in Clark's face in Lucky Leon. (Of course he just assumed she was in danger--well, that's not entirely the wrong assumption...) In that way, I think Clark's just taking the hurt of Lois's insensitivity in his initial shock and confusion makes some sense, but Lois also pinned some blame on him, so I would expect he felt that also he didn't have a whole lot of a reason to talk. I hope Clark uses more backbone as this behavior presumably gets more regular. It would hurt a little less, and Lois will probably feel better if he chooses to stand up for himself and walk away rather than letting her completely beat him down. Actually, I hope Clark takes a moment to look at the situation that came out of nowhere, and I hope he decides to investigate and save Lois from herself. Poor Clark whinging I imagine this will be incredibly hard to believably forgive, good intentions or not.

So Clark is going to be around after this is all over. Good! Erm...still not good. I hope your source is happy.

(Do you know? she wants to ask him. Can you tell how broken I am inside? Can you see the lies eating me up from the inside out? Can you help me?)
Perry is like a parent to Lois, isn't he? I hope Perry and Jimmy are somehow able to help her see the light and fix things before the damage is irreversible. If she can't confide in Clark, they're her best bets.

I love your depiction of Jimmy. He still comes off as young and vulnerable, but he's a good friend to Clark (and Lois, though I expect that will lessen soon).

Is this a scenerio Clark would have carried out had he been in Lois's shoes? Couldn't she have just not gotten involved with him? He wouldn't have to be distracted if they weren't dating. Apart from that, why not just move away from Clark? Maybe what this source really wants is to watch Lois tear herself apart until there's nothing left. Originally I thought he would have some other plan for her after this is all over, but I think this will be enough. I can't imagine being able to live with myself after something like this.
Robbing a bank to pay for medical expenses, the kind that will save a life, isn't right any more than this is. And that just isn't Lois--she wouldn't do this. This is wrong. I didnt think that's Lois's version of breaking his heart included this kind of cruelty (though maybe I should have, thinking back on it...)The Lois I know has always been so determined to do right and unaccepting of no-win situations like this, even when Clark is. What circumstances are there around the world's destruction that make this so in-character for Lois? What did your source do to her?
I've come to the point where I'm asking the same questions every FDK. Apparently I'm more impatient than I thought goofy

Lois is going to have an insane amount of double fudge crunch bars stocked up after this.

I suppose your source couldn't be Mayzik, could it? Something about this smells more along his lines, and the dialogue from part six doesn't sound too far off. Is this guy's use of the fire escape from chapter six important? That's right along the lines of Dan Scardino, and I could see the dialogue potentially fitting an evil version of him, as well.

Last edited by AnnieL; 07/11/16 02:51 PM. Reason: Additional comments

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is Clark happy? This is Clark in pain. Apparently, Lois is in pain too. I guess she doesn't know that emotional pain can affect one physically. She's being cruel. Hate would be kinder sword to stab him with, instead of her indifference. I can't see how Clark would want to stay around the Daily Planet with the daily reminder of Lois Lane.

I'm not quite sure why Lois trusts her source, other than the fact that he could show her how happy she and Clark would've been. Her source has told Lois she's breaking Clark's heart for Superman's sake, because SHE'S a distraction to Superman. Clark needs to be distracted from Superman sometimes; it's what keeps him grounded and sane. Without that, I'm afraid he'll crumble away into nothing.

mecry

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Why, oh why is Lois being so stubborn?! She knows better than to discredit her gut instincts. And here she is, trusting some unknown source and ignoring every single clanging alarm that her heart, mind and body are throwing at her. Lois! Snap out of it! Look at what you're doing!

Poor, poor Clark. He's already getting a taste of the hurt Lois is going to inflict. And he's blaming himself. (Because, of course, that's what Clark does.)

Oh, my heart is hurting so much for them. And I was having such a good day too. goofy

More soon? Pretty please?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
That bit of indifference--what Lois threw at Clark when he was able to track her down at the Planet--that's the type of thing that's going to slowly eat Clark up inside mecry.

For as well as Lois knows Clark, Jimmy gets a lot of praise for, really, how tuned in he is to the situation at hand. He knows Clark--knows his heart--and seems to be able to sense something maybe isn't right. Maybe he's picking up on Clark's reservation towards Lois (though while also being head over heals in love)? Or maybe he can tell Lois isn't 'where's she should be if they are so happily dating? I don't know, but I am glad he sorta gave Lois a 'check'--a 'hey, my friend is in love with you, this is serious' type of wake up for the relationship. I commend him. Great job, Jimmy! clap

I'm really hoping for Lois to step up to the problem, try to at least push for a different outcome. I know she thinks she is doing the right thing overall--I don't think she got into this situation for any other reason than that. But she has such good instincts, it's what her whole career has been based on. Even if logic is telling her to continue as directed, her heart--her core being--is screaming at her to find another way.

If she loves Clark as much as she claims to...if loosing him will surely destroy her...how can she expect loosing 'them' will be something that he can overcome? He's going to feel everything that she is dreading to experience ten-fold--because there are lies, deceit, and mistrust on top of situational issues.

It's so unfair to Clark. Bottom line. Come on, Lois! Remedy this. Find strength in youself. Put Clark FIRST thumbsup. He deserves someone that will.

Sitting on ever-sharp pins and needles notworthy.

Amazing job--not looking forward to the wait for Part 9!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/11/16 01:40 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I wanted to add:

This set up (from one Disney fan to another) reminds me a lot of Hercules and Megara in the Disney movie. Clark is Herc, getting played for a fool. Lois is Meg, forcing into being with Clark in order to destroy him/get him out of the way, so her source/Hades can put some (surely) evil plan into motion, but she falls in love with Clark in the process.

(Why YES, I AM watching Hercules right at this very moment, why do you ask?)

Anyway, carry on. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Gosh...things are going downhill quickly, and Lois hasn't dealt her finally blow yet. I really don't know what she's doing, or why she's trusting her source - there has to be a solid reason for why she's going through with what seems to be an awfully cruel plan. Poor Clark - you can't help but feel for him for being blindsided by Lois' casual treatment. I'm hooked on the story, waiting for your vision to play itself out.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I love your FDK, AnnieL -- your impatience feeds me motivation! smile A few individual things I'll try to reply to (while ignoring a lot of it because spoilers) Lois was still scared of Luthor because of his reaction to her. He's always been good about only showing her a certain side of himself, and for him to drop that and let her catch a glimpse of his dangerous side would be very startling. How much can Clark really forgive? I really don't set out to create situations that challenge that question, but I do seem to be on a roll lately... Maybe it's because I think there have been enough stories dealing with Lois having to forgive Clark for keeping his Secret from her? I don't know -- guess that's for the shrinks to analyze! laugh I love your view of Lois and agree with it wholeheartedly -- Lois doesn't give up and she has ideals as big as Superman's (even if her ethics aren't quite as unbending as his), and yes, I am (doing my best to) keeping her in character. I just hope you'll agree when you get some of the answers to all these questions! And I would love to see a straight-out evil version of Scardino (canNOT stand that guy), but unfortunately, I try not to do any character-bashing just for my own peace of mind. grin

Yes, VirginiaR, this is definitely Clark in pain -- chapter 7 took me a long time because he was happy, but I got chapter 8 posted a lot faster because apparently I'm that sadistic? huh We know Clark needs Lois to keep him grounded, but unfortunately, that's not what Lois knows -- remember as late as Whine, Whine, Whine, she's telling Superman that trying to love him was just pulling him down. He's a complicated guy; it takes a while to figure him out, I guess. smile

Sorry to ruin your day, DC! sloppy Lois does have good reason for trusting her source, I promise! And yeah, I don't think Clark knows how to blame anyone else besides himself! Also, in my very thorough Disney education, I think Hercules is one of the only ones I missed somehow...? I'll have to pick it up and give it a try, though!

Thanks, LMA! I love S1 Jimmy (I'm fond of the other one, too, but S1 will always be my favorite), and this was one of my favorite scenes to write because he is trying very hard to be a good friend to both of them while being worried.

I do feel bad for Clark, groobie -- it's a bad situation for both of them! And yeah, we're pretty much getting to the very lowest of the low (before we start heading back up, hopefully)!

Thank you, everyone! So glad you're enjoying!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry to ruin your day, DC! sloppy Lois does have good reason for trusting her source, I promise! And yeah, I don't think Clark knows how to blame anyone else besides himself! Also, in my very thorough Disney education, I think Hercules is one of the only ones I missed somehow...? I'll have to pick it up and give it a try, though!

Hercules is cute. Of course, as a lifelong mythology lover, the changes to the story grate on me. (In the movie, Herc is the son of Zeus and Hera. In mythology, he's the product of an affair between Zeus and a mortal woman, which enraged Hera to the point of her trying to kill Herc. Things like that.)

"Go The Distance" is one of my favorite Disney songs though. And a fun fact: The voice of Meg is the woman who originated the part of Belle in the Broadway version of Beauty and the Beast.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard