Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270829 07/04/16 03:07 PM
CLeuch Offline OP
Freelance Reporter
OP Offline
Freelance Reporter
Happy 4th, everyone! I hope you enjoyed the story - and hope that you found it worth finishing. The ending has an opening for sequels if I so choose, but I don't see myself starting anything anytime soon. I'll be spending all my new free time with the kids at the pool or otherwise outside having fun.

Question: can anyone spot the transition between the stuff I wrote 9 years ago and the new stuff? I like to think that the tone of the old and new blends together, but you, dear readers, are the ones whose thoughts count. Hint: it's not at an obvious point. Guess correctly and...well, you get a big thumbs up and virtual high 5, I guess.

Thanks again for reading!

-Cindy

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww. Good ending. I had no idea where the split in writing happened.

Yes, I could see that genie making mischief in the future. Let's hope no bad guys find it!

I really thought that Lois was going to wish to keep her ability just not be able to use it on Clark, but I guess with him sitting there, it would've been difficult for her to sneak that adjustment into her wish. wink

I'm glad Lois and Clark realized that they were meant for each other, either way. I liked what Clark had to say about not wanting any wishes, because he has a good life and wants to know if his happily-ever-after is true or magic. smile

Loved the kiss! *dreamy*

Great story! Feel free to sneak back in and give us more stories!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
While Clark's enemies could do a lot of damage with the genie, his friends could do a lot more. Jimmy, for example, or someone with even less common sense like Lucy Lane. Or Perry, with his "I want it yesterday!" attitude - all sorts of ways that could go horribly wrong.

I think ending it there was the right decision anyway, more people with wishes would get a bit repetitive.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a fun and WAFFy story. Thanks for finishing it and for sharing it with us.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great stories Cindy and well written. Glad to see you writing again.
regards
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm so glad that you finished this story smile!

What a happy ending, made even better by Lois realizing just how lucky she truely is.

And, I have to agree--the kisses were fantastic smile. And wonderful banter, too!

I couldn't tell ordinal story from where you finished either. It all had a great, seamless flow.

Wonderful job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
What a sweet story! I couldn't tell the transition at all. You did a great job. I really enjoyed it.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard