Next Thread
Print Thread
#270821 07/04/16 09:38 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Just wanted to say Happy Fourth of July to all the American folcs out there smile

Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Features Writer
Features Writer
Thanks NostalgiaKick!

I came across this video about the origins of the U.S. national anthem and its connection to the U.S. Flag. It's something I learned more about from my elders (who were part of "The Greatest Generation") than from teachers in U.S. history, and always found the story very moving. And gave me a different perspective on the fireworks on July 4th.

The Accurate Story Behind the Star Spangled Banner

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Top Banana
Top Banana
Have a safe and sane 4th, my fellow Americans -- and remember, if fireworks are banned in your area, please don't play with them. Superman isn't real and can't put out wildfires.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hope you all had a safe and fun 4th of July, my fellow American friends!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard