Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270812 07/03/16 01:19 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
In light of the upcoming holiday (for those celebrating the 4th of July), I decided to post this a little early. Please, enjoy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, now we know why Lois doesn't want to have kids. wink Clark is so totally ruining Miss Lane. First, he's calling her Lois. Next, he's meeting her alone in his bed chamber for hours every night. Then, he tells her he loves her (and not just for her beauty... at least Clark is catching on in that front). Now, he's shown her the miracle of birth (very sexy thing in the olden days when noble women didn't know about sex until (or IF) their mother spoke to them about it prior to the wedding).

I'm beginning to wonder if Lex Luthor will stab Clark through the heart for ruining the reputation of the woman he's wooing as this was the era of dueling being legal. If not Lex, then certainly Sam Lane. Although with Sam, I can see him more likely throwing both of them off his property with no references, money, or hope for the future. I cannot see a happy ending for these two. mecry And, yet, I'm hooked. I can't stop reading now.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, now we know why Lois doesn't want to have kids.

rotflol

I can attest to the fact that, by the end of the story, Lois will have someone's children. Just a matter of who, really.

Clark is so totally ruining Miss Lane. First, he's calling her Lois. Next, he's meeting her alone in his bed chamber for hours every night. Then, he tells her he loves her (and not just for her beauty... at least Clark is catching on in that front). Now, he's shown her the miracle of birth (very sexy thing in the olden days when noble women didn't know about sex until (or IF) their mother spoke to them about it prior to the wedding).

*Clark points to Lois* It's all her fault, I swear!!!

I'm beginning to wonder if Lex Luthor will stab Clark through the heart for ruining the reputation of the woman he's wooing as this was the era of dueling being legal.

Oh no. Now you've gone and poked my muse. She just grinned evilly at me.

If not Lex, then certainly Sam Lane. Although with Sam, I can see him more likely throwing both of them off his property with no references, money, or hope for the future.

Sam is actually on-the-ball here. He sees what's unfolding and knows the heart wants what it wants, and is certain that no one is overstepping their bounds. He's a much better father (in some respects) than canon Sam.

I cannot see a happy ending for these two.

One of the harsh realities of that era. frown

And, yet, I'm hooked. I can't stop reading now.

And for that, I am grateful! Thanks for sticking with it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
This is a beautiful story that is tugging at my heartstrings. So so sad, and at this point it looks as though Lois and Clark are destined to never marry each other.

I love the hope that you've injected into Clark's life. And it's clear that Lois really is the light of (in) his life. And for them to share that they love each other, and that they know their destinies are elsewhere. mecry

Thanks for the early posting.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by cuidadora
This is a beautiful story that is tugging at my heartstrings. So so sad, and at this point it looks as though Lois and Clark are destined to never marry each other.

I love the hope that you've injected into Clark's life. And it's clear that Lois really is the light of (in) his life. And for them to share that they love each other, and that they know their destinies are elsewhere. mecry

Thanks for the early posting.

Thank you! I'm so glad you are enjoying it. Poor Lois and Clark. Things are definitely not going their way, huh? The future sure looks bleak and lonely.

I'm glad you like how Clark's life is on the upswing (at least, for the most part) even though he's gone through some traumatic things. And Lois' life is certainly brighter for Clark's presence in it.

Unfortunately, this can very well end in the most crushing heartbreak ever. frown

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh man, these two are in a very difficult situation! How on Earth are they going to fall in love when he is a former farmer and now a member of her father's household? He's not a scribe or house steward, he is a man who takes kind of the horses! She's not a seamstress or lady in waiting but the eldest daughter!

Let's not forget that the nobleman who wants her as his wife is a total cad.

Unfortunately, this can very well end in the most crushing heartbreak ever. frown

If you as the author are writing this, what hope do the rest of us readers have? help

As always, I will keep an eye on this story and see just where it leads.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Oh man, these two are in a very difficult situation! How on Earth are they going to fall in love when he is a former farmer and now a member of her father's household? He's not a scribe or house steward, he is a man who takes kind of the horses! She's not a seamstress or lady in waiting but the eldest daughter!

Let's not forget that the nobleman who wants her as his wife is a total cad.

If you as the author are writing this, what hope do the rest of us readers have? help

As always, I will keep an eye on this story and see just where it leads.

Thanks for reading! Things are certainly not going well for them. Clark had literally nothing he can offer the daughter of a lord. And there's no way for him to better himself. He's very much stuck in his station in life. And Lois is facing a marriage she hates or risking the lives of the people she's supposed to protect. No room for a poor stable boy in that life. frown

You know me as a writer. I'm evil. devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Aww man!

Yeah...if these two perfectly entwined souls find each other, fall in love, and then (somehow?) don't end up together, you ARE an evil writer wallbash razz notworthy ! Come on, DC, please? grovel Figure out some way--and I have no ideas, that's how great of a corner you have painted them into--for them to have a happy ending.

I've been looking forward to the evening reading sessions, but after this chapter, time spent out in the stable I deem just as wonderful smile. I am really enjoying how comfortable they are with each other. How they are able to drop the society masks they are supposed to wear and just be them.

I'm glad that their feelings are spoken. There are enough problems concerning their classes/etc at the moment to worry about, that it's nice for them to know the other's heart.

I'm just so curious how these last chapters will unfold!

Please--Lois can not marry Luthor!!! devil wildguy splat

Great job!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/06/16 01:45 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
Kerth
I have faith that you'll find a way to bring Lois and Clark together for a happy ending. After all, they're soul mates! It's why Tempus had their love cursed...because they are meant to be together in every lifetime. laugh Highly romantic story...totally loving it. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Aww man!

Yeah...if these two perfectly entwined souls find each other, fall in love, and then (somehow?) don't end up together, you ARE an evil writer wallbash razz notworthy ! Come on, DC, please? grovel Figure out some way--and I have no ideas, that's how great of a corner you have painted them into--for them to have a happy ending.

I've been looking forward to the evening reading sessions, but after this chapter, time spent out in the stable I deem just as wonderful smile. I am really enjoying how comfortable they are with each other. How they are able to drop the society masks they are supposed to wear and just be them.

I'm glad that their feelings are spoken. There are enough problems concerning their classes/etc at the moment to worry about, that it's nice for them to know the other's heart.

I'm just so curious how these last chapters will unfold!

Please--Lois can not marry Luthor!!! devil wildguy splat

Great job!
Laura

For what I've put L&C through over the years in my fics, I'm pretty sure at least 50% of my DNA is just pure evil. devil Speaking of evil, I'm working on something pretty evil as we speak - a longer one-shot.

Glad you liked the stable scene. I had a pretty clear picture of it long before I ever started to write this one. I loved how they can totally shed their stations in life and just be themselves, at least for a little while.

More to come soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
I have faith that you'll find a way to bring Lois and Clark together for a happy ending. After all, they're soul mates! It's why Tempus had their love cursed...because they are meant to be together in every lifetime. laugh Highly romantic story...totally loving it. thumbsup

Never rule out any possibility! wink Indeed, they are soul mates. And Tempus has good reason to hate that, doesn't he? Glad you like the story! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard