#270765 06/27/16 12:30 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Uh-oh! Lois is falling for the help! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally, I get to make a response to this sweet, little story! clap

Samuel cracked a small smile and put up a hand, stopping Clark's rambling. "You know something, Clark? I like you. You're a good, simple, honest man. Of course I approve of you learning to read and write. I must warn you, however, if I feel like you and my daughter are getting too close..."

Oh Samuel, the heart wants what the heart wants! If your daughter and Clark love each other, your warning shall simply fall on deaf ears.

From an early age, he'd been forced to memorize everything. He and his parents were simply incapable of writing down lists of things they needed when they were in town. If they wanted to make sure they picked up everything they needed without having to make a second, long trip into town, they would have to remember it the first time. As a result, the three of them had trained their minds as much as the hard farm work had trained and strengthened their bodies.

This makes perfectly good sense. If the list cannot be written then it most be memorized. He will learn how to read much faster than most folks.

Trying out his new knives, he soon had the rough shape of a trout in his hands. He set it on the mantle and put away the knives when he was done for the night. The wood shavings he'd created were carefully swept up and thrown on the fire, since there was no use in wasting perfectly usable wood. Then he went to bed, visions of Lois dancing through his dreams.

Clark is an artist rather than writer. Really enjoying this new aspect of his personality.

Write on DC! Write on!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, sorry, I read this on my phone while out of town and forgot to comment when I got home to my computer. Love the story...keep it coming!

I enjoy the relationship between Lois and Lucy - they seem closer than they were in the series. Yeah, it's that obvious, Lois. wink

Lois and Clark certainly are playing with fire. All that time alone in his room...rumors are bound to fly! Oh, sure, it's all innocent...just reading and carving wood. I remember back when I was 17 and my boyfriend and I were in my room. My mom came home early from the store while we were in the middle of....oh, sorry, this story is not for this side of the boards! wink There is a whole nfic version running through my head when I read this story, whether you actually wrote it or not! LOL

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi, Morgana!

Oh Samuel, the heart wants what the heart wants! If your daughter and Clark love each other, your warning shall simply fall on deaf ears.

Pretty much, but luckily for him, Clark is an honorable guy.

This makes perfectly good sense. If the list cannot be written then it most be memorized. He will learn how to read much faster than most folks.

Exactly!

Clark is an artist rather than writer. Really enjoying this new aspect of his personality.

Thanks! I thought it was a fun reversal. We're so using to Clark the writer, that Clark the illiterate, talented woodcarver was a neat idea to explore.

Write on DC! Write on!

Working on a few things as we speak!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Oh, sorry, I read this on my phone while out of town and forgot to comment when I got home to my computer. Love the story...keep it coming!

I enjoy the relationship between Lois and Lucy - they seem closer than they were in the series. Yeah, it's that obvious, Lois. wink

Lois and Clark certainly are playing with fire. All that time alone in his room...rumors are bound to fly! Oh, sure, it's all innocent...just reading and carving wood. I remember back when I was 17 and my boyfriend and I were in my room. My mom came home early from the store while we were in the middle of....oh, sorry, this story is not for this side of the boards! wink There is a whole nfic version running through my head when I read this story, whether you actually wrote it or not! LOL

No worries! My reading is almost strictly on my phone these days and I often forget to comment by the time the kids fall asleep at night. (Naps appear to be a thing of the past - yikes!)

I did try to make Lois and Lucy a bit closer than canon - after all, they really only have each other.

Lois is definitely the bolder one and playing with fire more than Clark. He's an honorable guy. Lois, while she won't exactly seduce him, will be the one to make any moves. However, I'm never one to tell anyone not to let their thoughts wander where they will. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh--I have missed this story!!!

We were away on vacation last week and just got back late this weekend. This week has been full of catching up 'life', but to get a break and dive into this story? Simply wonderful smile.

I can't say enough how I love the feel of this piece. I love the imagery, and your way with the characters. You've created such a wonderful world for them to live, play, and fall in love in.

I am so very much looking forward to more of these later evening reading sessions. I can just see as each evening progresses, Lois and Clark falling deeper and deeper for each other. Based on their situation, it seems like Lois is the only one that can really make a move. And I am so looking forward to watching her do so smile !

Loving this, DC--great job!!!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Ahh--I have missed this story!!!

We were away on vacation last week and just got back late this weekend. This week has been full of catching up 'life', but to get a break and dive into this story? Simply wonderful smile.

I can't say enough how I love the feel of this piece. I love the imagery, and your way with the characters. You've created such a wonderful world for them to live, play, and fall in love in.

I am so very much looking forward to more of these later evening reading sessions. I can just see as each evening progresses, Lois and Clark falling deeper and deeper for each other. Based on their situation, it seems like Lois is the only one that can really make a move. And I am so looking forward to watching her do so smile !

Loving this, DC--great job!!!
Laura

Thanks for the feedback - glad you are enjoying the story! smile

Vacation sounds like fun!

I'm glad you like how "different" this is, rather than the usual L&C fare out there. I love that I was able to so drastically alter them and put them into a tough situation - to love one another but know it's not realistic.

There will be more "evening" moments between the two - promise!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard