Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Glad I didn't have to leave you hanging. Feedback is welcome.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awwww! Bravo!!!!!! clap notworthy clap notworthy clap

Wow--what an intense and exciting final couple of chapters! You had me on pins and needles wondering what was going to happen, just how Lois and Clark could come out on top. I'm so glad that evereything worked out the way that it did smile.

Clark's identity as Superman is safe. Luthor is a non-issue. Clark finally found a home. And my favorite--Lois and Clark are both fully aware of each other's feelings and have all the opportunities in the world in front of them hyper!

That kiss...as the room is filling with water, as they are staring death in the face. WOW!!! hail. Loved it! It was so great to see Lois acting--following her feelings for Clark. And the way that Clark responded showed her everything that she needed to know.

The last line was perfect, by the way grin.

Thank so much for this AMAZING story! It's been a pleasure to read smile.

Congrats on your baby daughter (and hoping for some stories written by you--whether short or long--sometime in the future grovel ).

GREAT Job!!! hyper
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/18/16 05:25 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you Laura for sticking with me for the ride.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A pounding headache was the first thing Lois noticed when she came to. She groaned into a gag that was just loose enough to not be suffocating. Further assessing her current predicament, Lois found that she was strapped onto a chair with her hands tightly bound behind its backrest. Her legs were firmly secured to the chair as well, making it extremely difficult to move more than her fingers, face and toes. Another groan escaped her, thoroughly muffled by the gag.

Oh no! Lois has gotten herself into a maddening situation ...again! But this time, it happened and she was completely not expecting it. What are the odds she'll never trust another Metro cabbie again?

One of the reasons why I enjoyed reading this story is because of your handling of Lex's character. But this paragraph really hit home for me.

"Very well," Luthor seemed strangely content. "I think we can safely say that Superman is invulnerable." He smiled viciously; completely unfazed by the havoc he had wrecked just to prove a point. Lois found it hard to believe that someone so charming and cultivated could also be so cruel. But Luthor was the living proof. "Now, we only need to establish if Clark Kent is, too. He managed to fool me once, but that is not going to happen again. And you, Lois, are the bait that is going to lure him to me." Luthor chuckled. "Don't you think it's ironic how the women Clark loves always end up at my mercy?"

He has no care about any life but his own. Frightening.

The last chapter awaits ....

Last edited by Morgana; 06/23/16 07:10 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Lex Luthor is a frightening character and John Shea did a marvelous job at portraying the two sides of Luthor - the charming man and the evil person.

Thanks for your feedback, Morgana

Last edited by bakasi; 06/23/16 01:46 PM.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Chapter 20

The finale starts with Lex being Lex ...

"Oh, you're finally waking up," Luthor said through the haze of her mind. Lois felt herself drift through the fog that clouded her view and muffled any sound. She blinked a few times until the room around her became clearer. It still consisted of grey concrete walls. As she managed to pry her eyes open, Lois looked into the smiling face of Lex Luthor.

"What a pity that you tried to expose me, Lois. I think the two of us would have made a great couple," he mused, sounding as if he was actually serious. "You certainly would have been more fun than that country hick Lana. After she had told me everything I had wanted to know about Clark, she stuck around, crying her eyes out over him. She kept rambling how she had been so much in love with him, but who could have guessed that he was a freak... It went on for days," Luthor spat with disgust. "At first, I thought that she might be useful to keep around. But she was also a threat to me, should she ever decide to go back to Clark. Besides, knowing that boy-scout and his need to do something about the injustice in the world, I figured that he was far more likely to reveal the truth about himself if Lana was killed."

Now I never have been a fan of Lana Lang, even the comic book version, she always was so mean and pushy. I never got the sense that she ever really respected Clark. Whereas Lois eventually did grow to love and respect him deeply. But despite all that, she did not deserve to be tossed away by Luthor as if she were a used teabag. Its good to know Clark wanted justice for her and all those harmed by Luthor.

What a perfect time to declare their love for each other. This paragraph alone was so worth the wait for this story's conclusion!

Lois felt her voice catch in her throat. Fear was bubbling up again, but also these barely defined feelings she had for Clark. She didn't want to lose him now, didn't want to die or watch him go, if by some miracle, Henderson would turn up in time. The water had risen to their chests and was rapidly making it difficult for Lois to stand on her feet. Instinctively, she clung to Clark. He pulled her in an embrace and she buried her head in the crook of his neck, suddenly feeling so safe and secure that their dire situation was almost forgotten. He smelled good, of aftershave and soap. His warm skin was soothing against hers, brushing away any discomfort caused by cold water and wet clothing. And suddenly her lips were on his, warm and hungry and desperate. She wanted to get a taste of what one way or another was never going to be. And inexplicably, Clark returned the kiss. He even deepened it, as he opened his lips in a gentle welcome of her tongue that timidly slipped forward to explore the possibilities of a budding friendship, which should be so much more.

WOW! (Fans self.) Now that's what I can a well-written kiss!

Clark returned her embrace, drawing her close until she could once again inhale the soft scent of soap and aftershave. His arms were so strong and yet so gentle, making her feel safe and secure like she never had with anyone else.

"Why would I ever leave you?"

What a fantastic way to end the story! As a reader, I can only smile when I think of all the adventures to come these two will share. Again, thank you so much for writing this long story! What a joy to read! dance

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
A
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A
I loved Clark being the distrusting one and Lois realizing her feelings for him so early. What a great twist on the canon!

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Originally Posted by Angie
I loved Clark being the distrusting one and Lois realizing her feelings for him so early. What a great twist on the canon!

This was exactly what I wanted to tell. Glad you liked it. laugh

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I read Hurt Before back when you were originally posting it. I remember really enjoying it but being disappointed that it wasn't finished. I'm glad that I re-read it and found the sequel.

This is a great story. It's a really interesting twist on Clark's personality. He's still fundamentally Clark, but it makes sense that he'd be so withdrawn and unwilling to trust given the backstory you've created.

Clark's relationship with Lana is kind of heartbreaking. Even if she had come around and made up with him, I think her initial reaction would always stay with Clark. It makes me think that maybe Alt-Lana from the Tempus episode might have reacted the same way, then finally come around. She seemed to tolerate Clark's powers but not really accept them.

All in all, this was a thoroughly enjoyable read. Thanks for the story! smile

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you so much for the review. It's nice to see that people are reading my story even if the second part was posted (and written) with such delay.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard