Print Thread
#270586 06/13/16 09:03 AM
N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Feedback folder

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really nice take on the story. Lois is always being physically rescued by Clark but Lois often emotionally rescues Clark and this story exemplifies that. Particularly back in the nineties but actually still today TV (particularly network TV) feels like it needs the physical activity to be popular. Either that or they need to kill off a major character to get the big catharsis that they are going for. The slower, emotional stories like this one tend to get either cut out totally or majorly short changed.

Thanks for writing this, I really liked it. (Oh and thanks for doing the TOC smile )

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 06/13/16 09:48 AM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
After the "Dawn of Justice" movie, it's nice to see the Lois & Clark take on a similar situation. I'm with Lois, the Kryptonians would've come either way. Nice job.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with Mike. The show didn't do much with dealing with the aftermath of events, such as Nightfall, the NK Invasion, or the ARGH arc. I'm glad that Lois can see the positives, even when Clark can't. He's lucky to have her in his life.

Clark, the New Kryptonians weren’t just looking for you, they were looking for a new home planet. Chances are, if you hadn’t been here, they would’ve come anyway. And there would’ve been nothing- absolutely nothing- the people of Earth could have done to stop them from taking over. What everyone saw was you, standing up against your own people to save humanity- and risking your own life to do it.”
Well argued, Lois! clap

It's a scary day in Metropolis should ever the Trasks of the world be right. What they might predict could come true, but they are never right because of their ways of going about stopping it never will be.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
This was a really great story. I enjoyed it a lot. I do think it should have been a little longer though........

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great take on the NK arc. (Always my favorite arc.) I love how you handled Clark's guilt (seeing only one side of the story) and how Lois sees the other. Very true that Clark aside, Nor would have invaded Earth, had he ever discovered that it would be an easy conquest (with their powers).

It was also nice seeing Superman working to fix the destruction the other NKers caused - something that gets totally ignored in the MoS/BvS movies.

I've always loved how Lois and Clark both save each other - physically AND emotionally. Nice way to keep that alive here.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

N
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
N
Hi everyone smile thanks for commenting. Feels like it's been forever since I posted anything, so it was great to find your feedback when I finally got my head out of my textbooks.

Mike- what you brought up is something that I've said many times myself in RL. We very rarely see characters on a tv show deal with the emotional fallout of a story line, and I often find it frustrating. I guess fanfic fills the gap a little. And I agree, Lois saves Clark just as much as he saves her- just in a different way. It's one of the things that made me love the show so much. Too often the 'love interest' in superhero shows/movies seems almost superfluous, like a groupie even. I love how the creators of L&C did their best to make Lois and Clark equals. (And you're welcome for the TOC lol)

Joan- yup, even with its problems Earth must seem mighty tempting to a people that have no home- especially as it comes with the added bonus of godlike powers.

VirginiaR- I really like your thoughts on Trask there.

Suggs-with-a-box- Maybe you'll get lucky and I'll write another chapter smile

DC- Superman working to fix the damage just seemed like something he'd do smile And yeah, I think that Nor invading Earth was pretty much a given as soon as it was discovered by NK. Clark's presence was a convenient excuse.

Thanks again everyone smile
Feli

"It means never having to play it cool about how much you like something. It's basically a license to proudly emote on a somewhat childish level rather than behave like a supposed adult. Being a geek is extremely liberating."- Simon Pegg
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is understandable why Clark would feel that way. After all, he had dreamed of meeting someone from Krypton all his life and then to discover they were not as high-minded as Jor-El was deeply disappointing. On top of that, they want to destroy the inhabitants of Earth and make it New Krypton. The damage they must have inflected on the people of Smallville and Earth was difficult for him to see.

Thankfully he has Lois to save him emotionally and mentally. Well done!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, Feli smile...

It was so nice seeing the effects of the NK arc come full circle. When you think about how BIG of an event that this was in Lois and Clark's life--meeting people related to Clark, Clark having to leave Earth, all the destruction, Smallville being taken over, Clark almost dying--it really is necessary to 'live' in it for awhile afterwards.

Really, any one of those things I just listed that happened is quite an event for them both to deal with...it makes so much sense that there's some conversation, some confusion, afterwards.

I've always loved how Lois and Clark compliment each other so well. When one is in need, the other always seems to have what is lacking to help the other. You did a great job of showing that smile.

Lovely!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/20/16 01:26 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard