#270581 06/13/16 12:04 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Posting a day early because why not! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Will things ever start to look up for Clark? mecry Debtor's slavery? How horrible! I mean, I knew Australia was where they shipped many people from debtor's prison but slavery? Luckily, poor Clark was found and saved by the Lanes. I can't see Luthor being happy about, not that he'd recognize some peasant he sentenced to slavery the next time he visited the Lanes. Hopefully, with Clark's help the Lanes would no longer need the protection of Luthor. I'm sure Sam doesn't see it that way.

So sad that Merlin wasn't purchased with Clark. Such a good horse. frown

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Tragic circumstances for Clark to endure in this part, but it got him to a place in the Lane household. Hopefully, things will start looking up for him here. Hey, if Clark is in charge of the stables, maybe he should invite Lois down for a roll in the hay! wink lol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Will things ever start to look up for Clark? mecry Debtor's slavery? How horrible! I mean, I knew Australia was where they shipped many people from debtor's prison but slavery? Luckily, poor Clark was found and saved by the Lanes. I can't see Luthor being happy about, not that he'd recognize some peasant he sentenced to slavery the next time he visited the Lanes. Hopefully, with Clark's help the Lanes would no longer need the protection of Luthor. I'm sure Sam doesn't see it that way.

So sad that Merlin wasn't purchased with Clark. Such a good horse. frown

Well, it IS one of my stories so...of course things went from bad to worse. BUT, at least he is with Lois now, even if they can be wed.

I thought selling him into slavery felt very much like what Lex Luthor would do - he's trying to make money off Clark's tragedy. Lex is arrogant enough that he likely wouldn't recognize Clark if he saw him again. He's a peasant and well beneath him, so therefore not worth sparing a second glance at.

Merlin WAS purchased with Clark. Lois recognized the horse and demanded him along with Clark. Sam bought both man and beast.

Thanks for reading! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Tragic circumstances for Clark to endure in this part, but it got him to a place in the Lane household. Hopefully, things will start looking up for him here. Hey, if Clark is in charge of the stables, maybe he should invite Lois down for a roll in the hay! wink lol

Living with Lois - the one upside to all of Clark's recent heartache. Things will definitely be looking up, even if his heart is going to get hurt being so close (but so far!) from Lois.

I like the roll in the hay idea! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Poor Clark. First he has to bury his father and then he is sold into slavery. Good thing that he is now going to work for Lord Lane. Maybe he can become a knight and be eligible to marry Lois?

I like your stiry very much, so please come back with more soon!

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I like stories like this! Very different. The only problem is, Clark doesn't have powers.

But at least he and Merlin will be together, working for a kindly man like Lord Lane.

Lord Luthor does not sound like a patient man, I would have thought he would have demanded her hand by now.

Last edited by Morgana; 06/14/16 11:22 PM. Reason: Additional comment

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by bakasi
Poor Clark. First he has to bury his father and then he is sold into slavery. Good thing that he is now going to work for Lord Lane. Maybe he can become a knight and be eligible to marry Lois?

I like your stiry very much, so please come back with more soon!

Yeah, things are a mess for poor Clark right now. My muse constantly does bad things to him when I write. frown Clark will most definitely not be a knight though.

More next week! Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
I like stories like this! Very different. The only problem is, Clark doesn't have powers.

But at least he and Merlin will be together, working for a kindly man like Lord Lane.

Lord Luthor does not sound like a patient man, I would have thought he would have demanded her hand by now.

Luthor's patience is a front, for now. Just as canon Luthor appears differently in public vs private, so does this version. (Kind to the Lanes, a demon to his peasants.)

I'll admit, this was a very different type of fic for me to write, but I actually really loved it and it all fell together much faster than I'd anticipated. smile

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yeah, that roll in the hay sounds like a great idea! grovel grovel grovel

I'm at the same time heart-broken for Clark, but also optimistic. All of a sudden, all of his immediate BIG problems for flat out 'survival' have been solved. He was really in quite the bind prior to starting to work for the Lane's. I hate that Jonathan had to die, but I can see this step--how all of this brought Lois and Clark into a daily part of each other's lives--as a pretty vital turning point in the story.

I am so excited for the next installment. There are so many possibilities now that Clark is living on the grounds. They can really get to know each other. Become friends. Become MORE smile. And then hopefully (for all involved) Luthor won't stand a chance hyper!

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/18/16 03:38 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Yeah, that roll in the hay sounds like a great idea! grovel grovel grovel

I'm at the same time heart-broken for Clark, but also optimistic. All of a sudden, all of his immediate BIG problems for flat out 'survival' have been solved. He was really in quite the bind prior to starting to work for the Lane's. I hate that Jonathan had to die, but I can see this step--how all of this brought Lois and Clark into a daily part of each other's lives--as a pretty vital turning point in the story.

I am so excited for the next installment. There are so many possibilities now that Clark is living on the grounds. They can really get to know each other. Become friends. Become MORE smile. And then hopefully (for all involved) Luthor won't stand a chance hyper!

Laura

Don't think the idea of a "roll in the hay" has completely left my head. It wouldn't be for this story, of course, but, yeah, my muse is tempted.

Back to the story at hand - You know, I waffled on killing Jonathan and letting him live and be sold with Clark. Clark would have made a desperate plea to Lois/Lord Lane about how good Jonathan's food is. But in the end, it didn't pack the emotional whallop I wanted and it wasn't realistic to have the Lanes in need of two positions that Clark and Jonathan could so perfectly fit.

New installment coming soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard