#270536 06/07/16 12:12 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You didn't think this was going to be all happy, did you? evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
razz Now, what did you have to go and do that for? mecry You were doing so nicely with torturing the Lane sisters, you just had to let the Kents in on the action, now didn't you? [Linked Image]

Let's hope that Luthor takes revenge on Tempos for attacking the farmers on his land and... bah. We know he isn't going to do anything. Well, nothing more than blame Clark for not having his taxes paid. Pishaw. I almost wish Tempos would attack Luthor's house as well.

And everything was going along so nicely, well, except for Lucy. Lois was avoiding being with Lex and flirting with a handsome young farmer to boot. At least, Clark has the leftovers from the Lane's feast to feed him for the next week while he figures out what to do. He is no longer beholden to the farm, what's left of it, but I doubt he'd leave the countryside knowing that Lois was still there, even if several hours away.

What a horrible and crazy day for poor Clark. mecry Jonathan! mecry

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
mecry mecry mecry Oh, no! How devastating! Even so, I totally see how this turn of events frees Clark to become something new, something more than just a poor farmer's son. Maybe even someone worthy of Lois' love. smile Really great story so far. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Now, what did you have to go and do that for? mecry You were doing so nicely with torturing the Lane sisters, you just had to let the Kents in on the action, now didn't you?

Of course! My muse is decidedly evil.

Let's hope that Luthor takes revenge on Tempos for attacking the farmers on his land and... bah. We know he isn't going to do anything. Well, nothing more than blame Clark for not having his taxes paid. Pishaw. I almost wish Tempos would attack Luthor's house as well.

Very true on pretty much every point! Luthor is the worst!

And everything was going along so nicely, well, except for Lucy. Lois was avoiding being with Lex and flirting with a handsome young farmer to boot. At least, Clark has the leftovers from the Lane's feast to feed him for the next week while he figures out what to do. He is no longer beholden to the farm, what's left of it, but I doubt he'd leave the countryside knowing that Lois was still there, even if several hours away.

True, but the thing is, Clark WANTS to be with his farm. He doesn't see any way to ever be with Lois, so he's not even thinking in terms of moving to her lands. Especially with nothing to his name and no way to survive the winter, unless he can figure something out quickly.

Thanks for sticking with this! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
mecry mecry mecry Oh, no! How devastating! Even so, I totally see how this turn of events frees Clark to become something new, something more than just a poor farmer's son. Maybe even someone worthy of Lois' love. smile Really great story so far. thumbsup

Yes, it SHOULD free up Clark to become whatever he wants. But the farm and horse breeding is all he knows. At this point, he had nothing with which he can better himself to woo Lois. He's not even sure how he is going to survive the coming winter.

Glad you like the story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yikes! There was so much going on here!

Lucy broke her leg and had to be helped home.

James is seriously contemplating marrying some noble man's daughter in order to further secure the Lane holdings against more attacks.

Lois and Clark are discovering a strong attraction for each other.

Poor Clark had to watch his father slowly pass away after the attack from Tempos men. Good grief, what kind of King sits on his duff and allows this sort of thing to happen to his people?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Yikes! There was so much going on here!

Lucy broke her leg and had to be helped home.

James is seriously contemplating marrying some noble man's daughter in order to further secure the Lane holdings against more attacks.

Lois and Clark are discovering a strong attraction for each other.

Poor Clark had to watch his father slowly pass away after the attack from Tempos men. Good grief, what kind of King sits on his duff and allows this sort of thing to happen to his people?

Yup, lots of bad things going on here. Well, with the exception of Lois and Clark starting to develop a strong attraction. That's always a good thing! wink

The king. Well...he's being given some bad advice from his advisors.

Thanks for sticking with it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh. My. Goodness! Jonathan is....dead? whinging whinging whinging ( devil )

Wow--I did NOT see that coming!

That really changes a lot of things. The stablility that Clark has always known. What he depends on. Very curious just what Clark will do and how he will handle this. No house...a barn in pretty bad shape...no farm animals...nothing in the cellar...crops burnt to a crisp.

On the plus side, he has Merlin, and a cart. He still owns the family land. He DEFINITELY has Lois' attention love hyper grin.

I wonder if Lois will come looking for him...see all the damage done. Maybe, between the two of them, they'll figure a way out of all of this grovel?

Loving it, DC!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Oh. My. Goodness! Jonathan is....dead? whinging whinging whinging ( devil )

Wow--I did NOT see that coming!

That really changes a lot of things. The stablility that Clark has always known. What he depends on. Very curious just what Clark will do and how he will handle this. No house...a barn in pretty bad shape...no farm animals...nothing in the cellar...crops burnt to a crisp.

On the plus side, he has Merlin, and a cart. He still owns the family land. He DEFINITELY has Lois' attention love hyper grin.

I wonder if Lois will come looking for him...see all the damage done. Maybe, between the two of them, they'll figure a way out of all of this grovel?

Loving it, DC!
Laura

Yup. I liked Jonathan. Mostly because my muse is evil.

Clark's situation is dire. No food, no adequate shelter, no way to rebuild his life. My muse pulled out all the stops in tormenting him.

He does have the horse, but there's not much good that'll do him in his current state. Unless, of course, to keep him company/use him as a labor animal.

Lois is definitely NOT looking for Clark. She's the medieval equivalent of grounded. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard