Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

FDK goes here. smile

Sorry it's so late. And short. I've been going through a bit of...stuff...in RL, and one of the things that happened is my laptop conked out and we had to reload the whole thing. I *should* have backed up my files, but...*sigh*. The good news is that none of the actual fic was lost (although this was due to me not having any more buffer left, really). I lost my outlines, which I think turned out to be for the best, and I had to re-download the script to the episode I'm referencing, but now I'm almost back on the wagon. smile I just need to find another free word processor that actually has a spellchecker, since for some reason I can never find a dictionary. <_<

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi wave...

No problem about being late--I'm continuously late on FDK'ing here peep. It's just always exciting to see more of any fic posted smile.

Loved how the Chief assumed that Clark was Michel...which I can totally see happening with them looking the same and Michel standing outside Clark's apartment.

I really enjoyed Clark and Michel trying to cover together and figure each other's gestures/etc out lol.

Looking forward to more...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, telepathy is still on the blink, huh? Too bad, 'cause they're failing with the gestures. lol Apparently, they don't know what communication cues they need until it's too late. I was wondering what Michel was doing at Clark's. For a second, I thought it was when he lost his sight, but then I recalled this is S1.

I'm surprised Superman took a lift with Perry instead of taking a cab, but I guess it's safer than having everyone know where Superman is staying (because the cabbie is sure to talk.) Probably would have been good to warn Michel in advance, but there mustn't have been time. What a nice amuse-bouche of a part.

Have you tried Google Docs? http://www.google.com/docs We use it at work, sometimes. It does take some getting used to as the formatting features aren't as user friendly as Word, but if you have a Gmail account (I don't know about those who don't), it's free. Plus, it has spellcheck. I don't know if you can use it offline, though. That's the only drawback for someone with iffy wi-fi.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
Features Writer
Loved the confusion about the hand gestures. lol

Ingenious about Perry thinking Michel was Clark. thumbsup I assumed that Perry dropped Superman off because he wasn't supposed to be left alone. I could be remembering that wrong.

OpenOffice is a free program with spell check and a grammar check that is downloaded, although I haven't used either much. It converts to Word documents (.doc) although I use the "Save As" feature rather than "Save" for a new document because Open Office document (.odt) is the default. It opens .doc files. It also converts to pdf files if you need them, which my older version of Word doesn't. It also works on Apple MacOS X version 10.7 (Lion) - 10.10 (Yosemite).

Last edited by cuidadora; 06/06/16 09:19 PM. Reason: added Mac info

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary! It’s so great to get an update! hyper Keep on trucking! FoLCs are patient smile1 /shushes away wildguy/

He knew that "Superman" wasn't at the courthouse anymore, but where could he possibly--?
Courthouse? Ah, yes. Next episode.

"Kent!" the older man saluted him once they were out of the vehicle. "When's the rest of that article coming, son?"
laugh Oops?

"Actually, Sir," he began, "I'm not--" he broke off when Clark started waving frantically at him. "Er, I mean, yes!" Michel said.

The man frowned, his forehead scrunching in confusion. "What?" he asked.
I’m guessing ‘Clark’ has a heatstroke…

Do you mind if he bunks with you?"
Well, considering just how much Superman is constantly violating the Bros-Before-Los code, I can’t see that one happening.

and pretended to be interested in a passing airplane.
Wants to fly, too, even if he can only carry one passenger at a time.
SUPERMAN: Planes are cool!

and saw Clark surruptitiously making the hand-gesture for "zero". "Oh! Er, that's a terrible idea," Michel replied. The older man frowned. Behind him, Clark started shaking his head.
laugh OK’s unknown in France? Plus, it’s not code for other end of the human digestive system, either? /am too lazy to check Wikipedia at this hour/

"Absolutely no," Michel continued, until he saw Clark slap his own forehead.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/iWKad22.jpg?fb[/img]
Of course, the Frenchman understands this gesture wink

Clark's mouth twitched at the corner, then bloomed into a full-blown smile. "Hi," he responded. "Want to come in?"
Noticed the sweets Michel brought, huh?

Looking forward to ‘B’ hyper

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard