Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270440 05/31/16 01:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've finally gotten the story split up into chapters. We've landed at lucky number 13!

Please enjoy! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
I'm really enjoying this story. So, Lois and Clark have met...
I'm curious who Clark will turn out to be. I'm guessing he really is a nobleman, since he doesn't appear to have any special powers.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yea! They've met. And already made an impression on one another. clap

Both Lois and Clark are leading lives unworthy of envy. Clark and Jonathan on the edge of surviving, but at least they have each other. Lois sold off to protect her family with hardly any say in the matter.

I have to agree with Lucy that Tempos and Luthor sound about equal in the badness department.

Hmmmm. If this is pre-Fox. Whom will Clark become? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by bakasi
I'm really enjoying this story. So, Lois and Clark have met...
I'm curious who Clark will turn out to be. I'm guessing he really is a nobleman, since he doesn't appear to have any special powers.

Thanks! Glad you are enjoying it! Clark is definitely not a nobleman. But, you are right about him having no special powers. He is a completely ordinary poor farmer. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yea! They've met. And already made an impression on one another. clap

Both Lois and Clark are leading lives unworthy of envy. Clark and Jonathan on the edge of surviving, but at least they have each other. Lois sold off to protect her family with hardly any say in the matter.

I have to agree with Lucy that Tempos and Luthor sound about equal in the badness department.

Hmmmm. If this is pre-Fox. Whom will Clark become? wink

Ha, well, Lois has made a bigger impression on Clark than he has on her, at any rate. However! Stay tuned... wink

I'm with you. Neither one has a life I'd envy. Especially considering what I have planned. evil

Yes, Lex and Tempos are pretty much equal on the badness scale. No win situation between the two!

Definitely pre-Fox. Will Clark actually become anyone though? Remains to be seen. I could just keep him as a farmer. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So these two have met and are now thinking about their lives.

One can only feel sorry for Lois. It sounds to me like Lord Lex is going to take her as his bride no matter what her thoughts might be on the matter. In those days, a woman most definitely did not have the right of choice. Even her father is defenseless. If it is a choice between keeping their lands and people safe than he most sacrifice his oldest child in order to do so.

From where I sit, Clark in some ways is in a better position than she is, despite his poverty. After all, his father believes in him and his abilities. As always, when Jonathan speaks his words are powerful and to the point.

So, if Clark does not have super powers and is not of the nobility, than what is his ancestry? Will he even find out in this story or are we the reader going to be left hanging? help

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
So these two have met and are now thinking about their lives.

One can only feel sorry for Lois. It sounds to me like Lord Lex is going to take her as his bride no matter what her thoughts might be on the matter. In those days, a woman most definitely did not have the right of choice. Even her father is defenseless. If it is a choice between keeping their lands and people safe than he most sacrifice his oldest child in order to do so.

From where I sit, Clark in some ways is in a better position than she is, despite his poverty. After all, his father believes in him and his abilities. As always, when Jonathan speaks his words are powerful and to the point.

So, if Clark does not have super powers and is not of the nobility, than what is his ancestry? Will he even find out in this story or are we the reader going to be left hanging? help

I do feel sorry for Lois. She's got no say in her own life. Clark does have it marginally better. He can marry whoever he wants, so long as they are a commoner, like him. Which Lois definitely isn't. So, not a great position to be in either.

Clark's adopted ancestry I can give you, without giving anything away. (It does get mentioned briefly, later. He never does learn who his biological parents are, and it's not important to the story anyway.) For the past 9 or 10 generations, his family has been farmers and horse breeders.

Thanks for continuing to read! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Loved it...great tension between Lois and Clark when they met. You did a good job capturing their feelings towards their places in life - the sense of inevitability they both feel as a consequence of their stations. Looking forward to more...and happy to see there will be so much more of it! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Loved it...great tension between Lois and Clark when they met. You did a good job capturing their feelings towards their places in life - the sense of inevitability they both feel as a consequence of their stations. Looking forward to more...and happy to see there will be so much more of it! clap

Thanks! Glad you like it! I'm glad you liked how Lois and Clark both feel trapped by their circumstances. But both are very determined young people willing to do what they must to protect the people they love. Even at the expense of their own happiness.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a wonderful first meeting notworthy...

I loved the reality of their few moments together. How they both know instantly that the other is unattainable (even though you can sense attraction wink ).And I really enjoyed how supportive Lois was of Clark's abilities--whether wood carving or 'super powers' Lois is always so encouraging.

I really liked that even Lucy was able to pick up on their interest in each other. That look Clark gets on his face concerning Lois--that dreamy in-love stare--is pretty hard to miss.

I'm so much enjoying this! And I'm intregued by really how young they both are when they come across each other. It adds to the uniqueness of this piece!

Lovely clap!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 06/18/16 12:02 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
What a wonderful first meeting notworthy...

I loved the reality of their few moments together. How they both know instantly that the other is unattainable (even though you can sense attraction wink ).And I really enjoyed how supportive Lois was of Clark's abilities--whether wood carving or 'super powers' Lois is always so encouraging.

I really liked that even Lucy was able to pick up on their interest in each other. That look Clark gets on his face concerning Lois--that dreamy in-love stare--is pretty hard to miss.

I'm so much enjoying this! And I'm intregued by really how young they both are when they come across each other. It adds to the uniqueness of this piece!

Lovely clap!
Laura

I think any "first meeting" between the two is interesting. (Whether or not it goes well.) Especially knowing that they are fated to fall for one another in the end.

Lois IS rather supportive and encouraging of Clark, no matter what. (And no matter what her relationship to him.) It's why we like her so much. wink

I think just about anyone can tell that L&C have this spark of attraction between them. No matter what universe they are in.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard