Next Thread
Print Thread
#270431 05/30/16 11:16 AM
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Complete vignette

Thanks to everyone who participated in the 2016 Kerth Quizzes, and congratulations to Lady Loisette on earning the most points. Here is your prize. smile Enjoy, everyone!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, Susan, for such wonderful WAFF. Lady Loisette may have specified the prompts, but everyone who reads this story is a winner. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sweet vignette, groobie. You have such a gift for words and description that I envy. You can really feel the tension between the characters, the pull, the fear of letting oneself go. Beautiful and romantic.

I love the idea of Lois and Clark star gazing and catching fire flies. He should take her away from the city more often.

You might want to let Clark know, though, if he brings an air-mattress into his Fortress come June, I doubt it will fit, if his own feet are hanging out the door. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
LOL, Virginia! If Clark got Lois to agree to come back to Smallville for some skinny dipping and treehouse action, he'd make that mattress fit! grin #StoryForTheOtherSideOfTheBoards

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I absolutely adored this story. The tension between Lois and Clark was quite palpable. Clark is smart enough in "Lois-ology" to know not to push too much, too fast. I also liked how Lois somewhat acknowledged to herself and Clark her feelings and not letting the walls go completely back up. I'm sure the events of this one night would make Clark turn up the charm factor even more the closer it gets to summer. The thought of pond swimming (possible skinny dipping) with Lois giving him all the more motivation. Sarah

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Thanks for the story. I grew up across from a dairy farm and spent a lot of time of there when I was little, especially during summer, playing around the farm and helping to feed the cows. This story reminded me of that.

This was a really sweet story. Thank you again.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If Lois doesn't want to share the air mattress with Clark, I am more than willing to fill in for her!

Adorable story! And so HOT! I think I need some ice! I love Lois admitting to herself that there's perhaps a bit more to Clark than Clark, and her own feelings toward him.

Loved the story immensely!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow, Groobie, just loved your story! Can sense the sensual tension just below the surface in this one yet you manage to keep it pure and sweet to the end. When do we get to see some of that treehouse action that a few others were hinting at? There have been no new nfic stories posted recently! Maybe you can rectify that situation soon!

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ahh (big happy sigh...)I-Absolutely-Love-This-Story! love grin twins clap

GGGoH is, and always will be, one of my favorite episodes. It has such a special feel to it. The innocent, carefree, open place that Lois and Clark get to--where work slips away for a little while, where they aren't in their perspective roles, where just for awhile they are truely themselves. And they are that way together. On an evening spent, that seems almost like a date, at a little country fair. Those few moments--they become that couple that we've wanted and hoped for them to be from the Pilot. I still, to this day, get giddy every time I watch those scenes grin.

Anyway...that magic, what is created so amazingly in those few clips from the show, is exactly what this whole story feels like. Wonder...newness...discovery...a world of possibilities. Like all of a sudden you finally find 'it'--that special place with that special person that you've been looking for your whole life.

And honestly, IMO, I don't know what could be better than that? notworthy clap notworthy

And Lois felt a ribbon of happiness swirl through her. Again. She had lost count of how many times that had happened today. A smile tugged at the corner of her mouth. “Sure. But I think I’m going to gain five pounds for every day I stay here.”

She saw his eyes dip and felt a giddy bashfulness at the idea of her partner caressing her body with his eyes.

He looked away as he said, “I don’t think a few days in Smallville would do any harm.”

She heard it, as she had heard it all day: the tone hiding behind his words, flavoring his voice with emotion. The comfortable familiarity of friendship tinted with something more – something tempting and tantalizing. Something she had denied for months. Something she had begun to feel herself this very afternoon at the Smallville Corn Festival.

Your best friend turning into your everything. Love this!

They stood silently in the increasingly intimate embrace, but Lois made no move to step away. Even as he rested his chin on her shoulder, even as she felt his shallow breath caressing her neck, even as his arm tightened possessively across her abdomen, she remained still. Time was fragile, capable of shattering any second, and something she refused to acknowledge, refused to name, compelled her to keep the moment alive.

Such a true description of those unknown moments where a relationship is evolving love.

“Well, if you’re coming down for the summer, I’ll be sure to buy an air mattress.”

“I’m sure you’d appreciate that. After all, you’d be the one lying on your back.”

Clark threw his head back in laughter. “I knew you liked to be on top!”

Lois giggled. “You wish you knew.”

“Mmm mmm mmm,” Clark hummed. “I sure do.”

rotflol notworthy grin What a great combination of friendship and flirtiness. This is the best smile.

She sat upright and skimmed her hand along his arm before intertwining her fingers with his. The connection felt warm, pure, real. Innocent and pastoral – it felt like Smallville. Which is why it could never last.

Lois tore her gaze away from their joined hands and looked into his eyes. She whispered sadly, “Don’t fall for me, farmboy.”

Clark squeezed her hand gently, tilted his head in an apologetic shrug, and simply declared, “Too late.”

Lois nodded slowly, holding his hand for a few more affirming seconds, before letting go. She began to scoot towards the treehouse’s doorway, but something compelled her to pause. Mad Dog Lane lived in Metropolis; she wore boxy pant suits and guarded emotional armor. But right now, she was Lois Lane, in a calico dress, with her emotional walls toppled to the ground.

She flipped over onto her hands and knees, carefully crawling beside him. She saw his eyes widen with surprise as she hovered her face over his, allowing her hair to gently brush against his skin. She paused, just for a moment, to ensure the action wasn’t impulsive, so he would know that she had made an active choice.

And then Lois Lane kissed Clark Kent.

Soft and brief, a press of her lips against his. It was the Corn Festival and a calico dress, strawberries and skinny dipping on a warm summer day, the glittering light of fireflies and stars in the night sky, and it absolutely shattered their fortresses of solitude.

She pulled fractionally away from him, opening eyelids that had fluttered shut. He inhaled and opened his eyes, and she savored every word she couldn’t let him say.

Yeah...so I went to quote a bit of this, but really, I just could not not include every last piece of this section hail.

Simply put, this is beautiful. A perfect slice of time where Lois listens to her heart and gives in to everything she is feeling. That honesty, combined with how amazingly it's written, has me completely impressed smile.

Lovely. Will be rereading this many more times to come hyper !
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard