Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270421 05/29/16 10:06 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Geoff Johns talks about DC Comics' 'Rebirth'

Rebirth, hitting stands this week, finds Wally West, the original Kid Flash and onetime Flash, who has been absent from the pages of DC for the past five years, struggling to get back to Earth. He has been trapped in the Speed Force, a kind of an alternate dimension that powers DC’s speedsters, where he learned that something has affected the events of his home world, robbing the heroes of 10 years of their lives.

“You don’t want to micromanage a universe and you can’t ever put rules on a DC Universe. When they try to do that, I don’t think it works because it limits the possibilities of story and character,” he says. “We’ve got to do this right. it’s sitting down in the writers room, talking about these characters, brainstorming ideas… it’s all about character. And then we talk about what story will highlight various aspects of this character.
It sounds like DC Comics may be getting back to normal after 52, which, quite frankly, sucked. I may start collecting comics again. Sadly, my old comic shop shut down after the owner had a heart attack and the people who took his place didn't have the time and energy to keep it open, but a kid I was discussing comics with told me the names of several other shops he says are good, so I will have to check them out.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hello Annie,

If you can't find a good comic book shop. you could always purchase e-versions of the comics. (I actually prefer the e-versions, since I can get as many as I want without worrying about cluttering my house with long boxes.)

I am very optimistic about all I have seen about the direction DC is taking. I wholeheartedly agree with you that the New 52 was a huge disappointment. I really hope the Rebirth era lives up to its promise. Having Dan Jurgens as one of the main writers of Superman is a very promising start; there is a man who really understands the character.

Joy,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard