Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270362 05/26/16 05:55 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So, I do at least have a good excuse for being MIA this time -- just had my first nephew born and have been spending a lot of time over there holding him! smile Still, Morgana sent me a very nice email saying she was patiently waiting for the next chapter. That's what I really need betas for, to remind me I'm cruelly leaving people hanging. blush

I hope you enjoy this chapter! I know they're shorter than my usual, and I wish I could say it's because I'm getting better at brevity, but really, it's just because they're romantic dates and that's not something I can write twenty pages on (though I wish I could!).

Thank you in advance for not giving up on me!

Blogger
Blogger
Another wonderful chapter. You do a great job of making Clark interesting even though he isn't fully aware that there's anything strange going on with Lois.

I love the way you're able to zoom in on certain facets of Clark's character without taking away from him as a whole. I never got the impression that Clark is weak or a wallflower to Lois; he's still confident, happy, careful, and careless, but you focus in on the moments with his vulnerability and his hopeless love of Lois. It worked well with his rescues.

We're getting close to finding something out, aren't we? (Well, closer.) Lois chose the red rose. Lois's single-mindedness is working well for her here, I think. Is she distracting herself from what she's really doing by focusing on falling in love with Clark?

Clark didn't recognize the voice as Luthor's-or I'm assuming he didn't, because he didn't say anything-so I'm betting on Tempus as the voice.

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! Clark's got a stalker. I'm guessing Tempus the first time, because it sounded so much like him. But the second, I don't know. It almost makes me think that it's himself from the future coming back to warn him to be careful.

I love Clark in love! I'm glad Lois is relaxing into this role that she's given herself. Perhaps she's starting to fall for him too. Accepting the red rose, after all... then again, when has Lois ever rejected chocolate?

Congratulations on becoming an aunt! A very good excuse. I'm glad you're back (even if temporarily). I've wondered where you had disappeared off to, because you're usually very good at posting regularly.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yay! A new chapter AND I get to read it on time! smile

BIG congrats on your new little nephew! I totally don't blame you at all for soaking up all that baby love!

Loved the chapter. Poor Clark - so in love, so trusting, so ready to be and do anything for Lois. And he's being played in the worst way.

I loved the descriptions of what he's feeling during the fire rescue. AND the fact that he messed up once by not double checking/being too afraid to stay, and that it haunts him and drives him as Superman.

So, as the other have stated, Tempus is potentially behind this. But the inclusion of a magic show makes me also expand my list of suspects to Baron Sunday. And maybe even Mxy.

We can have more now, yes? grovel

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Oh, DC has another good theory...Mxy! I can definitely see him behind all of this. This was a lovely, lyrically beautiful chapter, and it was nice to see it from Clark's POV. But the threatening voice, and knowing from the other chapters that something is going on with Lois...you have me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait for more. clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I like your description of the interaction between our favorite couple. I'm still wondering what exactly it is Luthor wants from Lois.
And who is that mysterious stalker? I don't suppose it could be H.G. Wells, could it? It doesn't sound much like him. So probably someone else who is going to make poor Clark's life difficult.

I'm so curious where this is going....

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have one kid at school right now (her last day of Kindergarten shock ) and one at preschool, and we are heading out of town for the weekend. What I really need to be doing is finishing up packing. What I really wanted to do was read Part 5. And is there any guess what I chose? wave ....(yeah--I'll just have to rush and throw things together, I guess huh thumbsup grin ).

Cause, yeah...this chapter was so worth it notworthy dance hyper!!!

Oh my! This stalker situation is creepy! I love how you had the two parts where 'he' spoke to Clark, but yet how you made it all happen so minimally. Very simplistic. Not a lot of detail. Just those small sentences. Clark's reaction--his immediate panic--totally drove home how weird and vulnerable of a place this puts him in. And it all created such a mysterious 'air' over the chapter. Great job!!!

For some reason, immediately my thoughts went to Lex. Lex's voice. And I got chills. The first statement...something about the structure of it reminded me of how Lex would speak to people he thought of as 'below' him.

BUT...Clark would recognize Lex' voice. So my theory might be really, really wrong wallbash.

Clark wouldn't know Tempus yet, so Tempus could make some sense, same with Mxy...and really, same with Baron Sunday, too.

Clark in love is adorable love twins. You did a wonderful job showing his feelings. Mostly down right love for Lois...but also, some nerves, some jitters when he would assert himself with a kiss, etc. You could tell this was still very 'new' for Clark, but that he was growing in the relationship.

For all the planned situation Lois is in with Lex (concerning having Clark fall for her), Lois herself is seeming to become quite enamoured with Clark (and no, I can't blame her grin). 'Playing the part' is finally letting Lois realize some of those very deep kept feelings for her partner. I just really hope it's not too late!

Must get going...the guilt-factor of not packing is (annoyingly) starting to catch up with me wink.

Wonderful job, Anti-K!
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/27/16 01:10 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another random idea...could it be a Kryptonian like Lord Nor? They could be speaking to him telepathically, which would explain why he can't spot his stalker.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
clap peep hyper Great idea, DC! I hadn't gone the Kryptonian route in thinking yet...hmmm.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DC is right. My money is on Lord Nor!

Congratulations on becoming an Auntie! party

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for the congratulations! He's an adorable baby and actually lets me hold him, so the temptation is almost irresistible. smile Still, I'm off to see BvS again tomorrow, and that should provide quite a bit of inspiration to me -- not that the story's based off the movie in any way, but it is an amazing Superman story, and that ensures my mind is filled with all manner of Lois and Clark. smile1

So glad that Clark is still interesting, AnnieL! That's actually something I worried about with this story, how to make him a participant in this story rather than just a victim, and I'm relieved to hear that it seems to be working. I love his love for Lois (if that makes sense), but I do have a pet peeve about making sure he remains his own character, strong in his own right, so I do always try to emphasize that -- I'm glad that it's noticeable to you! And yes, Lois's single-mindedness is pretty much completely on Clark's side here. Almost, anyway. smile

I hope you don't mind, Virginia, but I got a huge smile on my face reading your feedback -- I always feel accomplished when anyone says they 'heard' a piece of dialogue in a certain voice, even if it was just a figure of speech for them. smile Lois accepting the red rose was certainly indicative of something, and I hope it was more than just her love of chocolate! Sorry about the hiccup to the posting schedule, but I have somehow managed to get a few chapters ahead again, so hopefully, I won't be MIA so long!

Thanks, DC! I knew you'd understand about the baby -- the funny thing is, I normally don't do much with babies, but this is the first one who's let me hold him for hours, so maybe that's why. huh I do feel really bad for Clark; I guess you and I are keeping to our usual habit of 'poor Clarks.' smile

Thank you, groobie! I seem to have a 'rescue chapter' in most of my stories, so I worry they get repetitive, and I always fear that I've gone overboard in trying to make them interesting -- glad that this one worked for you!

HG Wells would definitely be the best option, bakasi, which probably means not likely. smile Nothing is ever easy for Lois and Clark. I'm so glad you enjoy their interaction -- as I've said, I'm not very good at writing date scenes, so this was an encouraging comment to get!

Wow, congratulations on your kid finishing kindergarten, LMA! Hope you enjoyed your weekend trip -- I'm more than happy to have given you an excuse to put off packing. Procrastination is one of my best talents, and I'm always willing to share. smile I'm glad Clark's vulnerability was apparent (after Newsworthy, I really do feel panicked for the poor guy, :D), and none of the theories you have are good ones for poor Clark! Clark is feeling his way through the relationship, and though I know everyone has their own ideas about Clark's past relationship experiences, I don't think he's ever been too close to anyone, so it's interesting to get to explore how he might act in this situation without Dan Scardino, Lex Luthor, or excuses for Superman in the mix.

Thanks, Morgana!

Glad you're all enjoying!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard