Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270319 05/25/16 01:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
First, I apologize for the ? number of chapters. The entire story IS written. I just haven't completely split it up into chapters yet, which is so totally NOT how I usually do things.

Second, the boring title is actually kind of a nod to the movie "A Knight's Tale" which I love.

Third, I hope you enjoy it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
DC has written another great story for our reading pleasure! hyper

They ate the rest in relative silence. When they were done, Jonathan did the washing up and Clark headed out into the barn. By the light of a lantern, he milked the two cows one more time, hoping for just a little more to sell in the morning. Then he checked on the horses, especially the newest colt. The baby looked good and appeared to be a feisty little fellow. Clark mentally dubbed him Blaze. When he was done, he bid the animals goodnight, then headed back into the house.

I'm guessing that your fic is set during the Middle Ages and Clark is human therefore powerless. Also, Martha is missing from the story! whinging Wow! Talk about different. Still is it good to know Clark and his father have a good strong friendship. But her absence will be felt! You weren't kidding about changing things, people and lives around!

"Fine," Lois huffed. "I'll meet with him. But don't expect me to fall head over heels for him. I've heard the rumors about him. How he's always with other women. How his wife was treated more like...like a hunting trophy than a human being. How he's cruel to the people he lords over."

Urgh! Lord Samuel Lane is giving up Lois to Lord Lex in order to build an alliance against Tempos? shock What a snake.

If this is a kingdom, what is the King doing about this man gobbling up the territory for himself?

All good questions and I am sure the answers shall be revealed in good time.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This looks like a fun tale! Since this version of Clark isn't as powerful as the modern version, I'm guessing he's more like Charles aka The Fox. Someone out there to right all the wrongs of the Temposes and Luthors of the world (and apparently, there's plenty of those greedy folk around). At this moment, I'm not seeing how Luthor is a better option for the Lanes to side with than Tempos. It's a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire scenario.

mecry So sad to hear that Martha passed away. Jonathan is still ever the loving father, husband (even if widowed) and farmer. While Clark doesn't have his abilities from his modern reincarnation, he still has other talents: artistry of woodcraft, gift of working with animals, and the ability to stay up 48 hours without much sleep. wink

I'm glad to see that Lois isn't hoodwinked by Luthor or what her father might have planned for her future.

Can't wait for these two crazy kids to meet.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
Great start...I like reading these AU types of stories, and am always happy to see a new story from you. smile How many kbs is the story? What's your posting schedule going to be like? I'm waiting for Clark to meet Lois and say "As you wish..." laugh

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Morgana! wave

DC has written another great story for our reading pleasure!

blush Thank you!

I'm guessing that your fic is set during the Middle Ages and Clark is human therefore powerless. Also, Martha is missing from the story! whinging Wow! Talk about different. Still is it good to know Clark and his father have a good strong friendship. But her absence will be felt! You weren't kidding about changing things, people and lives around!

Yep. Middle Ages. Lords. Ladies. No running water. wink And he is 100% Earth born human. I thought having Jonathan as the surviving parent would be a fun twist since he is usually the one to die. You know me - I love to through my characters into chaos.

Urgh! Lord Samuel Lane is giving up Lois to Lord Lex in order to build an alliance against Tempos? shock What a snake.

If this is a kingdom, what is the King doing about this man gobbling up the territory for himself?

All good questions and I am sure the answers shall be revealed in good time.

The King is aware of what is going on. He is meeting with advisors before he acts. (No one says he's the absolute best king the lands have ever seen.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
This looks like a fun tale! Since this version of Clark isn't as powerful as the modern version, I'm guessing he's more like Charles aka The Fox. Someone out there to right all the wrongs of the Temposes and Luthors of the world (and apparently, there's plenty of those greedy folk around). At this moment, I'm not seeing how Luthor is a better option for the Lanes to side with than Tempos. It's a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire scenario.

mecry So sad to hear that Martha passed away. Jonathan is still ever the loving father, husband (even if widowed) and farmer. While Clark doesn't have his abilities from his modern reincarnation, he still has other talents: artistry of woodcraft, gift of working with animals, and the ability to stay up 48 hours without much sleep. wink

I'm glad to see that Lois isn't hoodwinked by Luthor or what her father might have planned for her future.

Can't wait for these two crazy kids to meet.

Hi Virginia! wave

I hope you find the tale to be fun! This is definitely set before Sir Charles. (Earlier incarnation of the Clark spirit.) Luthor is the better option pretty much only because he's not the one raiding and killing people.

I definitely had to give Clark something of his own, since he can't fly or bounce arrows off his chest. The carving was actually mildly inspired by the hero of the Sword of Truth series who is incredibly talented in carving both wood and stone.

They will be meeting very soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Great start...I like reading these AU types of stories, and am always happy to see a new story from you. smile How many kbs is the story? What's your posting schedule going to be like? I'm waiting for Clark to meet Lois and say "As you wish..." laugh

Hi Groobie! wave

I haven't seen too many of this particular type of AU and thought it would be fun.

I don't have a kb count - I actually wrote it in a "story scraps" file I have going with other odds and ends, since I didn't have a title until I was done. Posting will be once a week.

Huh, now I can't remember if I threw in an "As you wish" or not! goofy

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi DC wave...

I've fallen pretty behind on the boards recently, and have been wanting to start this story forever! I am loving it hyper.

I'm a huge fan of AU stories--there is something so irresistible about seeing Lois and Clark meet and fall in love in new and different ways love.

Looking forward to that first meeting--great job!!!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Hi DC wave...

I've fallen pretty behind on the boards recently, and have been wanting to start this story forever! I am loving it hyper.

I'm a huge fan of AU stories--there is something so irresistible about seeing Lois and Clark meet and fall in love in new and different ways love.

Looking forward to that first meeting--great job!!!
Laura

Hi, Laura! wave

Glad you are enjoying the story. I also think it can be fun to take L&C out of the universe we know so well and throw them into someplace new. That's one of the great perks of fanfic!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard