Print Thread
#270242 05/18/16 08:24 PM
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Another in the powers series, but not focusing as much on the power itself (telescopic vision). I'm still debating whether or not to post chapter 2 of Eternal as well, but we'll see.

Sara "Lieta"
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I am a little confused. What are Clark and Jonathan celebrating?

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
I wrote this one a bit quick, heh. But the idea was almost every other of these turned into a negative or stifling experience. I wanted one where either Jonathon or Martha didn't do that.... But, this was not my original plan for this one so maybe I should go add a bit more there.

Sara "Lieta"
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
It's nice to see Clark's power put to random day-to-day use. See him help his dad when they are doing something so normal and fun that Clark loves smile.

And I enjoyed how Clark seemed to be coming into his own here, figuring out how to be himself, and be happy.

Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Lieta Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
L
Thanks, I have to admit I rushed on this one, it still may get reworked a bit, expand on the scene talking with Jonathon especially.

Sara "Lieta"
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
And here we go again!

The birds shone with brighter colors and so did some of the plants. Even the sunlight all around him seemed brighter. He didn't mind his glasses, but he loved being able to see normally.
laugh

He'd even started to be able to control what he saw without the glasses. So far he'd managed to turn off the colors his parents couldn't see and he could make some other colors fade a bit.
Next trick, keep other people clothed. Will be a very important skill in later years.

"Clark?" his father asked, "What are you looking at?"

Clark frowned at him for a moment, then pointed to the sky. "That hawk just caught a pigeon."
Oops?

"Can you tell me if anyone's using the dock across the lake?" Jonathon asked curiously.
Hmm…he might have a great career as the Hubble telescope ahead of himself.

"Son, you're doing what's normal to you. Even if you have to pretend at school sometimes, I want you to remember to find joy in what can do, not be afraid of it."
Plus, being fast and seen in water, too, is good for catching fish.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard