Came up with this when my research into vision wasn't going in a workable direction... though a lot of it will fit into a later one so...

Celebrate
by Lieta

Disclaimer: This is a fan work based on “Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.” All rights to the characters belong to DC Comics and Warner Bros. No profit was made off this work.

Clark bounced around the trail in front of his Popa as they headed for their favorite fishing spot. School hadn't started quite yet, so he was able to leave his glasses at home. He enjoyed the full range of colors usually hidden by the glass lenses.

The birds shone with brighter colors and so did some of the plants. Even the sunlight all around him seemed brighter. He didn't mind his glasses, but he loved being able to see normally.

He'd even started to be able to control what he saw without the glasses. So far he'd managed to turn off the colors his parents couldn't see and he could make some other colors fade a bit.

His hearing was getting much easier to control too. Our here in the open, he could hear many animals but managed to keep the sounds of cars and other people at a low murmur.

A cry had him stop in his tracks and he looked up to the sky in time to see a hawk snatch a pigeon out of the air.

"Clark?" his father asked, "What are you looking at?"

Clark frowned at him for a moment, then pointed to the sky. "That hawk just caught a pigeon."

Jonathan looked at the sky for a long moment and hummed to himself. they continued on until they reached a clearing leading up to lake. Jonathon placed his tackle box on a rock and leaned their rods against it. "Clark," can you do me a favor?"

Clark scampered back over. "Sure, Dad."

"Can you tell me if anyone's using the dock across the lake?" Jonathon asked curiously.

Clark blinked and look over at the dock. For a moment it seemed blurry, but focusing for a moment made it crystal clear. "I can see Mr. O'Neil and Tom and Sam over there."

Jonathan nodded and gathered their things. "Why don't we go see if we can go join them?"

Clark watched his father start over towards the dock with a worried expression. "Dad? Did I do something weird again?"

Jonathon dropped their gear to the ground and spun around. He knelt in front of Clark and placed his hands on his son's shoulders. "Son, you're doing what's normal to you. Even if you have to pretend at school sometimes, I want you to remember to find joy in what can do, not be afraid of it."

Clark smiled and threw himself into his father's arms in a tight hug.

End

Sara "Lieta"