Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#270037 04/28/16 08:41 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So, every chapter, I have to rewrite it three or four different times -- or, not rewrite, so much as just paint another layer on to make sure I'm juggling everything right. And I'm trying to keep one completed chapter ahead of what's posted. And the chapters switch between Lois and Clark's pov, and Clark is proving surprisingly hard for me to pin down in this story (usually it's the other way around!). And all that taken together means that you had to wait forever for a new chapter -- sorry!

All that said, I really appreciate everyone who's sticking with it despite all that (and the typos I'm sure are there without my betas). I hope you continue to enjoy!

Blogger
Blogger
You know what's terrible? No matter how forgiving Clark is of this, there's always going to be doubt in any future relationship they have. And Lois is no doubt falling for Clark. See what you've done? mecry
You enjoy torturing them, don't you? lol

It's nice to have some confirmations! I wonder who Lois's source is? Is this the same source that promised her hurting Clark would save Superman?
Lois makes Luthor sound downright scary. She hasn't mentioned anyone else-maybe she doesn't know? Maybe Luthor is working with Tempus, (maybe Tempus is her source) and Lois is out of the loop in some way.
I like the realizations Lois is coming to. How Clark is so gentle with her, even though it doesn't feel like it. His kindness. His love. The necessity and guilt of Lois's manipulation are speeding up the process of her coming to see Clark for the man he is.
This might be terrible of me considering the circumstances, but I love that Lois takes comfort in being near Clark. That even though she's the one hurting him, it gives her the strength to do it for him. He's still a presence of light, and I think it's very in-character for her to be drawn to that light when she's feeling so dirty.

So by hurting Clark, she's saving Superman, and thus the world. But not doing what she's doing would destroy Clark more. Does she think being with him is going to kill him eventually? I'd say that Lex was just feeding Lois lies, but she has those weird visions of her actual future.

But that kiss. So poisoned yet so right in so many ways. It's just sad that this moment will be forever tainted with manipulation.
Thanks for a great chapter!

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobody tortures Lois and Clark more than AntiKrytponite! Correction: nobody tortures Lois who then tortures Clark better!

I don't know how you did it, but you actually have me feeling bad for Lois. I can tell that she's starting to really care for Clark, as more than a friend, but somehow she believes that hurting him would be good for Superman (and/or thereby the world). I can't see how that would be, could ever be true. She's certainly being manipulated by someone. Although, I have no firm idea of who. I don't want Lois to hurt Clark; I want Clark and Lois to figure out together how they can save the future without breaking Clark's heart (and Lois's in turn).

I'm glad Lois now sees Luthor for who he really is.

As for typos, I didn't see any. Perhaps those 5 rewrites did the trick on catching all of them.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wow, okay, now I feel bad for Lois, even if I want to take Clark's cast iron frying pan and hit her upside the head with it. All these flashes of memory. Future Lois?? Clone Lois with her memories? Who is her source? Gah! You are killing me, woman! laugh

I can't see how hurting Clark will save Superman. Clearly Lois is being completely lied to by someone. I'm just not sure who and in what capacity. At first, I thought maybe it was Luthor and that he was threatening to kill her family or something unless she destroyed Clark. But I'm guessing that's completely wrong.

I love the switching off between Clark and Lois' POVs. It gives us a nice, round image of what's going on, even if you aren't giving much away just yet.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, okay, now I feel bad for Lois, even if I want to take Clark's cast iron frying pan and hit her upside the head with it. All these flashes of memory. Future Lois?? Clone Lois with her memories? Who is her source? Gah! You are killing me, woman! laugh

After reading the latest part, I gotta agree with Deadly Chakram. What is going to happen next. Why does Lois feel that betraying Clark will save the world and what does Lex have to do with everything? help

Plus that kiss! It is searing with pain, poison and sadness on her side, yet so much trust and hope on his side. Where will all of this end?

I thought Female Hawk was good at angst! shock

Last edited by Morgana; 04/30/16 06:13 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
DC has a great theory - maybe someone is lying to Lois. But on the other hand, it seems like she herself is having flashes of memory, or of the future, or of another life...aaaaaaackkkkk! I don't know!!! It sure is a great mystery, though. I don't know what she's doing, but I know it's going to turn out badly. But that kiss...that was amazing. So well written, so beautiful, and yet so heartbreaking. I'm on the same emotional roller coaster as Lois! Where is the next part??!!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
wallbash clap wallbash clap wallbash

Well, as of right now, I also am feeling bad for Lois. And Clark. (And me--cause I've been 'saving' this section for a bit...and now I've read it...I'm caught up...and all that is left....is to wait...for more...till you post again mecry ).

What-A-Chapter notworthy...

Even though I hate what Lois is doing to Clark, I really do feel for her...for what a horrible 'Rock/Hard Place' she has gotten herself into. Clark is her friend--best friend--and she is so currently aware right now in the story of how amazing, how beautiful, a person he is. She knows his value, his importance in her life. She may have blinders on to whatever 'situation' is manipulating her (the idea that Lois is being lied to intrigues me, too thumbsup), but what makes me so empathetic to her, is the fact that she is honestly aware of Clark, of all that makes him so special of a person in her life. How horrible--to have to choose to hurt the person who means everything to you to save 'the greater good'.

And despite being completely enthralled with this story, I'm still trying to piece together just what is going on? grin

What is Lex doing? (At least, one positive IMO, is Lois' awareness that Lex has this evil, scary side).

How can hurting Clark save everything from going so wrong?

Where do these glimpses into her (Lois') future self belong? We're currently at the end of Season #1 in the story...But Lois has 'seen' her getting scared at the end of her date to Clark (Lucky Leon, Season #2), Lois and Clark engaged and cooking in Clark's apartment (Season #3's COTOC, maybe? Not 100%--it's been awhile for that one whistle ), and the talk about 'beds' in the newsroom (VD, Season #3).

But I really don't think this is an 'Alternate Lois' or a 'Clone Lois' or anything--this one is in too much distress to not be authentic (I think? dizzy ).

Great job, Anti-K...you have me, as usual, dying for more! clap
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 05/08/16 03:24 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So sorry it's been so long -- please know that I do love hearing from you, even if I take forever to reply! blush love

There is a lot of room for hurt in this, AnnieL, which (though it makes me sound awful to say) is one of the reasons I really wanted to write this story. But one of the things I liked most about this premise is that Lois DOES recognize the good things about Clark; even as she's laying all the seeds for hurting him, she's falling for him. Cue the angst! angel-devil

rotflol Virginia, I will take a strange sense of accomplishment from your comment about hurting Lois so she'll hurt Clark. It really does summarize so many of my stories, doesn't it? I'll have to work on not being so predictable, but we are supposed to write what we know... smile So glad you didn't see any typos! -breathes sigh of relief-

Thanks, DC! I thought I would enjoy switching off between the POVS too, but turns out, just as I'm figuring all the dynamics of one of them, I switch and then have to figure it out all over again. The joys of writing. crazy But I am glad you're sympathizing with Lois -- I'm surprising myself by sympathizing with her more than Clark at this point in the story. I'm sure that won't last forever, though...

I'm glad the kiss turned out so well, Morgana! It was very painful to write, but also really cool, too, because at least in this moment, Clark really does think he's getting his chance. I love writing scenes where two different characters have entirely different, pretty much polarizing ideas about what's going on/what happened.

Thanks, groobie! I don't read or watch the mystery genre, so it's something I've been trying to work on developing in my own writing (I always feel like I leave too many glaring clues and not enough misdirection), so your review was very encouraging. Of course, now I have to work on not dragging it on so long it becomes frustrating. smile

Love that you're keeping track of the flashbacks, LMA! I'm trying to keep track myself, but sometimes they slip away from me, so it was nice to get your rundown. smile Lois seeing Clark for who he really is without being allowed to tell him is a twist I've always kind of wanted to explore, but it wasn't until I added a lot of other more suspenseful things that I thought I could actually do it. For some reason (that we won't analyze), I have a much easier time writing stressful situations than straight-up fluff. Even though, as of right now, this story is almost a chronicle of their dates (so it just figures I could only write it when they're also steeped in secrecy and despair).

So sorry for the long wait, everyone, but thank you so much for your patience and support!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard