Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Fdk goes here. smile

I hope that you enjoy, and that this part doesn't disappoint.

~•~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Oh God, please tell me it's Michel that has it and not Trask!

That outburst from Clack was not just rude but VERY uncharacteristic of him. Clark hasn't met Michel's parents.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I know that Clark's stressed out about not having powers and Wayne Irig being tortured, but YEEEEOUCH! He just crossed a line with Michel. Clearly, interpersonal sibling relationships was not covered by the Kents.

So, either Michel saved Irig to prove Clark wrong (I hope he didn't do this, because Clark was wrong) or he's pretty much gone for good.

Originally Posted by Christina
Oh God, please tell me it's Michel that has it and not Trask!
Oooooh. I like this idea. That would serve Clark right. Hee-hee. Then, if Michel looked at it in France, then he'd have an honest excuse for not being able to help out in Kansas.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another one before the dragons get here!
Michel nodded. “I may not be too familiar with your country's environmental policies,” he said, “but I doubt your government takes pesticides that seriously.”
laugh You’ve never met pro-environment activists!

“You want me,” he said slowly, “to fly into a camp of armed soldiers to rescue the man who found a rock that can hurt Superman.”
When he puts it that way, this does sound stupid. Instead, he should take the man who found a rock that can hurt Superman and vanish him.

“I said no.” He gave Clark an apologetic look. “You don't know what you're asking of me, Clark. Perhaps we can find some other way to help Mr. Irig, but I am not waltzing right into an American military camp!”
There’s an old joke about Frenchmen’s stomach for such thing when you watch American TV…

“Ah, so they don't actually answer to your government. How reassuring,” Michel commented dryly.
It means, they’re more like criminals. Or maybe, they’re like the privateers of the 1700s. They’re not really affiliated with the government, it’s just, that the government won’t do anything against them while they do the government’s dirty business.

“Well, I would like to discuss our second-best bet,” Michel shot back, gently removing the hand.
Send Lois in, dressed as a major. I believe her sister still has a major’s uniform lying around.

As much as I like Sheriff Harris, she just isn't prepared to deal with this kind of situation.”
RACHEL: Thanks, Clark. /to local militia/ Okay, boys. The big city big shot says we’re not needed to deal with the government goons. You can take your tanks back home, now.

“And you think I am?!” Michel retorted.

“You're invulnerable!”
He does have a point there.

“I thought the 'French Coward' was just a myth!” Clark snapped.
clap /points at above comment/

At that comment, Michel rose to his feet, his face burning. He leaned across the table and looked Clark square in the eye. “You can think what you like,” he said quietly, and stormed out of the house.

Clark sat gaping as the door slammed behind Michel.
CLARK: Huh, Lois reacts the same way. I wonder how I manage to always pick a type to associate with…

“Do you want to tell me how this could get any worse?”
Trask could learn of the Kent’s treason, attempt to burn down the farm and then shoot Clark.

“That toolbox with the rock in it is missing!”
Michel?

So much fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
Kerth
Hmmmm...I understand that Clark is frustrated by his lack of powers, but he really didn't handle that situation with Michael well. That he immediately recognizes the fact and tries to call Michael back to apologize doesn't really make up for his behavior in the first place. I'm interested in seeing where the next part takes us.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Christina, Virginia, and Groobie- Yeah, it was harsh, but I hope it didn't take you out of the story. Characterization can be a tightrope sometimes.

Michael - Dragons??? o_O Glad you're enjoying, though. smile

~•~
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Christina, Virginia, and Groobie- Yeah, it was harsh, but I hope it didn't take you out of the story. Characterization can be a tightrope sometimes.

No, not at all to me. It might have been toeing the characterization line a little bit, but not at all out of context given Clark never grew up with a sibling to learn how to speak a little more tactfully.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
[Linked Image] Yeah... Game of Thrones kind of sort started again last Sunday...

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Ahh, K. I'm afraid I only have second-hand information on GoT, but they say that fans of that author are used to very long waits between installments, so I guess this cuts me some slack. XD

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nope, Clark's reaction didn't take me out of the story either. But, yeah...definitely not one of Clark's better moments peep.

Hmm....interesting thought: Did Michel take the box? I can see this happening...BUT, I can also see Trask having it shock. Not good!

Off to read the next part wave
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes, the last book was back in 2011 razz Fortunately, most stories post faster on these boards, here. Which reminds me... peep

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard