Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269871 04/17/16 11:59 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Poor Alt-Clark has been on my mind lately. Please enjoy a peek into his head.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Awww...so beautiful! Alt-Clark's story is so much sadder than Clark's; it's wonderful that he found his Lois. You're so good at these stories that look at one character throughout his or her life, returning to a single theme. Great job!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Awww...so beautiful! Alt-Clark's story is so much sadder than Clark's; it's wonderful that he found his Lois. You're so good at these stories that look at one character throughout his or her life, returning to a single theme. Great job!

Thank you! I've been enjoying these sort of "life look" pieces - focusing on one emotion or theme. I don't know why - they just keep coming to me.

Alt-Clark's story always makes me what to cry for him. It's just heartbreaking! (I *have* to believe that he and Wells found/saved his Lois.)

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
Features Writer
What a beautiful story that really put me through the emotional wringer! I really enjoyed the first section and was just settling in for a story about Clark coming to terms with his powers and maybe alien origin, when you completely shocked me with his parents dying. Poor Alt-Clark...every time I think of him, I get a twinge of sadness in my gut. I was so glad to see that the story continued on -- past the terrible pain of being an orphan, adrift in the world. Way past Lana and her controlling ways. -shudders- Past, even, the arrival of our Lois and his reveal as Superman and then the time he had to travel to our world. I was so glad that he got his Lois and that he somehow managed to balance everything out so that his life wasn't all one thing or the other.

Really sad, but ultimately hopeful, which is one of my favorite types of stories, so thanks a lot for writing this! As always, you have some really cool turns of phrases throughout -- I especially like 'a look that could kill and radiant as the sun,' because that just seems to sum up Lois Lane. smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
What a beautiful story that really put me through the emotional wringer! I really enjoyed the first section and was just settling in for a story about Clark coming to terms with his powers and maybe alien origin, when you completely shocked me with his parents dying. Poor Alt-Clark...every time I think of him, I get a twinge of sadness in my gut. I was so glad to see that the story continued on -- past the terrible pain of being an orphan, adrift in the world. Way past Lana and her controlling ways. -shudders- Past, even, the arrival of our Lois and his reveal as Superman and then the time he had to travel to our world. I was so glad that he got his Lois and that he somehow managed to balance everything out so that his life wasn't all one thing or the other.

Really sad, but ultimately hopeful, which is one of my favorite types of stories, so thanks a lot for writing this! As always, you have some really cool turns of phrases throughout -- I especially like 'a look that could kill and radiant as the sun,' because that just seems to sum up Lois Lane. smile

Hi, AntiK! wave

Somehow, I knew you'd enjoy this one. I'm glad it put you through the emotional wringer. Payback for what you are doing to us with Ghost of a Chance! wink

Alt-Clark's story still saddens me too. I wish we'd gotten more seasons and a chance to revisit him and see how his story ended. And by that, I mean happy with his Lois.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I'm a husband and father. My family needs me. And I need them. I'm no longer an outsider looking in. I'm no longer an alien. My genetics might be, but in my heart, I'm just as much of a human man as the next guy. In all but blood, I'm an Earthling. All of my perceptions, all of my emotions, all of my thoughts have been shaped though my interactions with other human beings. I've never known what it's like to be Kryptonian. I've never experienced life with others who are like me, who share my DNA. I've known only what it is like to be an Earthling. And for that, I am thankful.

Indeed this story stayed with me for awhile. It was haunting in the beginning with Alt Clark's poignant thoughts about where he belongs. But this paragraph sums up his existence in a nutshell. We all want to belong to a place, person and family. Happily with Lois he has all of that and so much more.

Thank you.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely, DC clap clap clap...

One of the saddest things about the show getting cancelled, for me, was always Alt. Clark. I really enjoyed the episodes he was a part of, and like has been mentioned, always really ached for all he didn't have. Parents, stability, privacy, and mostly, love. It would have been so great to see a resolution, see him fall in love like we did Clark.

So thank you, very much, for this story notworthy. I really enjoy your introspective pieces--the voices you give our characters are always so right, so like what I always picture them to be. Seeing all Alt. Clark went through--and then all that he was blessed with as his life unfolded--was so inspiring.

Great job!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Lovely, DC clap clap clap...

One of the saddest things about the show getting cancelled, for me, was always Alt. Clark. I really enjoyed the episodes he was a part of, and like has been mentioned, always really ached for all he didn't have. Parents, stability, privacy, and mostly, love. It would have been so great to see a resolution, see him fall in love like we did Clark.

So thank you, very much, for this story notworthy. I really enjoy your introspective pieces--the voices you give our characters are always so right, so like what I always picture them to be. Seeing all Alt. Clark went through--and then all that he was blessed with as his life unfolded--was so inspiring.

Great job!
Laura

Thanks, Laura.

I also get sad when I think of how many missed opportunities there were involving future episodes with Alt. Clark when the show got cancelled. Like you, I love the eps he's a part of, particularly Tempus, Anyone? when we first meet him. He's so like our Clark in a lot of ways, but his life is just so tragic. I really wish we'd seen him get his happily ever after.

Glad you liked that story. I really like when introspective pieces come to mind, because it's a great way to explore the innermost thoughts and feelings that we don't usually get to see in the show.

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Aww that was beautiful! I love how you went through his feelings at different times in his life. I always hoped Alt-Clark would find his Lois so I especially loved the ending.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by jackiek
Aww that was beautiful! I love how you went through his feelings at different times in his life. I always hoped Alt-Clark would find his Lois so I especially loved the ending.

Thanks! I always held out hope for Alt Clark. I'd bet good money he would have found his Lois in Season 5, had we gotten it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard