Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Fdk goes here. smile

I hope this part does not disappoint. The good news is that I found I can use an adapter to move the files from my laptop to my phone, saving me a trip to places with Wi-Fi. It still means fussing with the back of the phone, though.

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Update!
Michel bolted upright in bed, breathing heavily.
Dreamed about Susanne and Teresa, huh?

Michel lay back down and shut his eyes, again. Sleep still wouldn't come. After a few moments of tossing and turning, he finally sat up and reached for the phone.
I wonder what had happened. Maybe Michel is worried because he forgot Susanne’s birthday and hopes Clark will know how to deal with a scorned woman?

Clark stumbled a little as his parents half-led, half-carried him into the house.
Oh. Twin bond! clap Duh!

“Well, actually,” Clark admitted, taking a shaky breath, “not so good, right now.”
Now, wouldn’t that be fun, Clark and Michel both being there when Trask shows up?

“It's nothing,” Clark hastened to reassure him. “In fact, I'm already starting to feel a little better. It's just that I had an unusual encounter with this strange rock—”
He says to the geologist…

“Does he know how to get here?” his father asked.

Just then, the phone rang again.
rotflol

Once he saw a few more of her landmarks, the tension in his shoulders eased. The farm was laid out exactly as she had described and, as promised, the lights in the house were on.
I wonder if Jonathan mowed the El crest into the field. Wouldn’t that be fun?

“But please, call me Martha. It's nice to finally meet you; Clark's told us so much about you.”
Isn’t this going to be risky, with Lois also there?

Once the pleasantries had been exchanged, Michel turned to his double. “So what's this about a strange—?” he began, but was cut off as Miss Lane unexpectedly emerged from another room of the house.
So…Ooops?

Michel's eyebrows climbed into his hair as he registered her presence and attire—or rather, lack of attire, as she was only dressed in a short nightgown. He quickly turned to Clark. “Is this corn festival still going on?” he whispered, as his mind frantically tried to work out the possibility of bringing Susanne here.
rotflol Thinks ‘corn’ means something different over in Kansas and maybe Susanne will also decide to only wear sleeping attire (probably nothing, since she’s French) and share a room-
MARTHA: You can bunk with Lois, if that’s all right with you?
MICHEL: wallbash

Miss Lane seemed to notice his presence for the first time. “Clark?” she asked, looking between him and Clark in confusion.
Maybe she just had too much of the Firewater they keep in the shed?

Clark coughed and gave her a nervous-looking smile. “Er, Lois, you remember Dr. Michel Renaud, don't you?” he said, gesturing to Michel.
You know, he could always introduce him as his long-lost soap opera brother.

Miss Lane frowned at them both for a moment, then suddenly, she gasped. “I don't believe it!” she exclaimed, her eyes widening.

Clark turned even paler, if it were possible.
Superman?

She strode across the room to them and, suddenly, thumped her partner on the back. “Good thinking, Clark! We'll call their bluff, or find out what it is they're really looking for!” She frowned. “Are you okay? You look horrible.”
shock She…she…not even a *little* resemblance? Just focusing on work, huh? But she’s a smart cookie, that way at least.

“Sort of,” Michel said. He looked up at Clark. “It was as if I heard you scream.”
See? Twin bond.

And now there’s a week of waiting ahead wallbash

wave Michael

Edit: With most smartphones, you can use them as a wifi hotspot. Would that help?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Eeep! I have no idea what's going to happen next! It could go in so many directions. I certainly didn't expect Michel joining them in Smallville so early, but it makes sense. I'm glad Michel is smart enough to not instantly insist to be shown the rock that made Clark feel pain.

Lois! lol She's terrific! I love how she concludes he's there -- as a geologist -- to debunk the EPA. I guess, in a way, he is. Only he doesn't know it yet.

clap I love that Michel naturally assumed the relaxed atmosphere of the Corn Festival had something to do with Lois's attire more than it being bedtime.

I'm with Michael. Another long week's wait for the next part. I'm glad you figured out how to get your phone and computer to speak to one another.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile
Michael: Thanks for the tip about smartphones, although it seems to not work for mine. frown Seriously, I've done everything short of voodoo, even calling tech support and being told it was enabled for me.

...The good news, though, it's that my laptop suddenly decided that it doesn't need no stinking drivers to read my phone via the USB cable, so HAPPY WEDNESDAY. laugh

Virginia: Yeah, there are a billion paths each plot-point could take, which makes it a bit more challenging to write. I almost fell behind on a part because of a critical fork in the plot that could have gone either way. After this, I might need some AU fanfic based on my AU fanfic. O__o

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 04/20/16 12:16 AM.

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh, wow! How great is this? hyper clap

I love that Michel is already in Smallville. And also, how closely Clark and Michel are linked.

I really enjoyed how Martha assumed Michel was 'coming by air'...and the reality of what flying across the ocean and North America would be like for the first time. Great detail!

Heading to the next part smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard