Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269792 04/12/16 08:46 AM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Poor Clark. Genie wishes really aren't all they're cracked up to be...

Hope you all enjoy!

Blogger
Blogger
Great chapter!

I love that Clark went to Perry for advice. He has every reason to trust Lois because Perry's right-she listens to others, but she goes with what makes sense to her. It goes along with her 'don't trust anyone but yourself' opinion. At the same time, though, sometimes I wonder whether Clark knows Lois better than Perry where her vulnerabilities are concerned.
I knew Luthor had to be involved! But why did Clark immediately assume Lois was working with him? Why doesn't he assume that she's being controlled by him? Even without her perspective, he has Lois's tears + Luthor being evil + Lois would never intentionally hurt him = Luthor scheme. I'm getting the feeling that his nervousness over the abrupt switch in Lois's romantic interests is making him more pessimistic than usual.

I wonder if Lois found out about Luthor and turned everything in herself. It doesn't really explain much else. Who else would get that info?

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to agree with AnnieL...I'm really wondering if Lois, at some point in the midst of getting closer and becoming engaged to Lex, started to suspect him? Potentially let herself become deeper entrenched into Lex's life so she could investigate him? Found out info--all of this really scary stuff on Lex--and then turned her research in to the police and then backed out of their relationship?

But...how do we get to the present situation regarding Lois dating Clark? How did Lex find out what Lois was up to (potentially investigating him)? How, really, is Lex controlling Lois?

Lex knows that Lois and Clark are close. What exactly is he threatening to make Lois willingly hurt Clark?

Argh! So many questions wallbash shock clap notworthy...

I'm really glad that Clark figured out that Lex was on the other end of the line with Lois. Now at least he knows to be rightly suspicious--of everything! And I'm glad that he's going to Kansas to talk to his parents.

Deep down, Lois cares deeply for Clark--whether romantic or platonic. I know, whatever she's doing, she's doing it for a greater good.

Great job!!!
Laura (settling in for the wait of Chapter Four grovel smile )

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh--another question swirling around in my head... peep

What is Lois writing in that notebook??? That seemed like potentially an important detail added to the end of the chapter. Hmmmm.....And Lex sure was out of there, quick!

Laura (who will be thinking on this, no doubt, for the rest of the day clap )

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm so totally surprised that Clark didn't fly over to Lois's apartment straight away. If he doesn't tail her on her "meeting" that evening, he's too trusting and deserves all that befalls him. Clearly, Lois has proven that something isn't right in Metropolis and Clark has a duty to himself to find out what.

Whomever suggested that Lex and Tempus were working together might actually be on to something. I'm thinking that the Lex Clark heard must have been a future-Lex, who came back in time and convinced Lois that Superman was dangerous. But at the same time, who could've turned in that evidence to the MPD? Surely not Lex. Why did Lex fire Lois? Was it because she turned him down (I could see that) or was a it a cover (fake break-up and firing)? Or had Lois gathered that information and given it to the police from her garbled memories of the future and Lex caught her taking documents and used their break-up as a cover for the real reason he fired her? If that's so, she could be placating Future-Lex by dating Clark (under Future-Lex's orders) all the while waiting for her evidence of current Lex to work it's miracle and get him arrested and therefore, relieve her of her problem. [Linked Image] Is the Lex who's voice Clark heard the Lex of this time or a future Lex manipulating Lois?

I spent half this part trying to recall if Lois ever told Clark that she knew that he was Superman. Then, I realized she must not have, especially in light of his considering telling her. Since Lois knows that Clark is Superman, she must've known that he heard Lex at her apartment, telling her to change her date. Did she do that on purpose? Was it an accident? I can't see a Lex who knows CK=SM making that mistake.

What a roller coaster ride of emotions today! Clark's terrified. Perry reassures him. He's suspicious. Henderson calms him. Paranoia takes over. Let's hope Martha and Jonathan can give him some wise coucil. You're doing a great job of exploiting the biggest problem in Lois and Clark's relationship: their terrible lack of communication! clap JUST TALK ALREADY, PEOPLE! lol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Virginia posted:
Since Lois knows that Clark is Superman, she must've known that he heard Lex at her apartment, telling her to change her date. Did she do that on purpose? Was it an accident? I can't see a Lex who knows CK=SM making that mistake.

Interesting thought process, Virginia notworthy.

All of those blips in Lois' thoughts/memories...there is quite the case for some sort of time travel stuff going on. A future Lex is an interesting (and scary devil ) thought!

I agree, though. Lois would know that Clark could hear Lex--whether an accident or on purpose. Maybe a way to 'give' Clark a clue to what is going on (w/o actually betraying Lex and telling Clark)? And if Lex is smart enough to create this scheme, he's smart enough to be extra quiet when Lois is on the phone (IF he knows that Clark is Superman). Bet he doesn't know...

It's gunna be a long week! grovel
Laura

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
He’s glad he went to Perry’s. He doesn’t know what to think about Luthor or the incriminating evidence against him, and he only has the faintest edges of hope about the fate of the Daily Planet, but Perry’s words on Lois are enough all on their own to make Clark want to fly as giddily as he always thought he would when dating Lois Lane.

There is nothing better than talking over a serious matter with an older, wiser friend. In this case, Perry has known Lois much longer than Clark, so he can definitely give the younger man a heads up.

But what if this Lois isn't Lois? help

That's the only conclusion which comes to mind after read this part in the story. Either this is the clone taking Lois' place or it is someone from the future fed with all of Lois' memories. No matter what, you have managed to write a crackling mystery, one all of us are looking forward to reading more of. You certainly have my attention! shock

Next part pretty please? grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Reading all of the feedback for this part just leaves me with more questions! What it reinforces, though, is how good this story already is. The mystery of the plot combined with the flawless execution of your writing style makes me crave more. Please post again...I need to know what's going on! grovel

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
So many questions -- and so little I can actually answer in return. So, here, have some vague feedback replies:

AnnieL, I don't know that Clark hasn't ruled out Lois being controlled by Luthor. He's confused and knows something's up but doesn't know what yet, and Clark's more of a slow-burn kind of guy in the rage department -- at least compared to Lois! smile And yes, I definitely think Clark knows Lois better in some ways, but he might not trust that so much this early, or at least in these circumstances.

Thanks for your faith in Lois, LMA! After I wrote Newsworthy, I was nervous everyone would automatically think the worst of Lois in any story I wrote! grin Lois may have a lot of faults, but when it comes down to it, she always has good intentions; not hard to see why Clark loves her! And...yep, I think that's all I can say there.

L&C can really be terrible communicators, Virginia, and that does backfire on them quite often (though, reall, considering all they have to deal with in their world, I try to be a bit lenient eek). Clark didn't fly over RIGHT away because he doesn't trust his own judgment in this at all, up till now he's had to train himself to not freaking out every time Luthor's near Lois, and also he does try his best not to abuse his powers and verge into stalker territory. Also, I had to read your feedback three times to make sure I followed all the trails you laid out, and I'm impressed (also a little flattered and intimidated that you think I'm capable of writing something with that many twists; I'll try not to let you down)!

Thanks, Morgana! Mysteries really aren't my thing, so every time I attempt one, it requires a lot of thought, outlining, and fingernail-biting -- appreciate the encouragement! And yes, getting advice is always a good idea, which is one of the reasons I love L&C (or Superman in general) so much, that Clark has a support system and uses it.

So glad you're still enjoying it, groobie! The questions do build up, but I don't think I'll keep you waiting for answers for TOO long. But then again, seeing my track record already with posting...hmm. peep

Thank you, everyone, for being patient with me, and for reading and letting me know what you think!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh my! So many wonder little touches throughout. I loved Clark going to Perry for advice. I love that he checked on Jack to offer him some hope. I love that, as much as he needs to talk to his parents, he doesn't want to - can't give voice to the storm of emotions inside.

I'm glad he heard Luthor's voice on the phone. Hopefully it can help him guard his heart against whatever is to come.

Oh dear, I'm been looking forward to and dreading this chapter. Poor Clark is breaking my heart!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, DC! This was a hard chapter for me to write for some reason and had lots of stops and starts, but I love whenever I get a chance to have Clark and Perry talking to each other. Clark never is much good at guarding his heart, is he, the poor thing? smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard