Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269653 04/01/16 07:55 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Lots revealed in this chapter. Kind of. Well, a bit anyway. smile Hope you all enjoyed!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yikes! What is Lois up to? There is so much said and yet left unsaid (you're so good at that, Anti-K. I always reveal too much.) Why does she want to date Clark but not date him? Why is it important to break his heart? How will doing so save the world? Who revealed her future thoughts to her? How can she save the world without crushing Clark or herself in the process?

Your flashbacks are sneaky. First, I thought they were daydreams, and then I realized they were actual memories. When did Lois see Clark relaxing on the beach? The only time was...? Yikes! During Ordinary People. And if she recalled THAT incident, which happened after she knew, then DOES she know? Thank you for letting us know that she knows. So, what exactly is she up to? I have some guesses but I don't know who is behind it. (Although, I'm leaning towards Tempus, but I could be wrong.) During the first part, I was leaning towards Luthor, but now... no, I can't see how he could be.

It's going to be a long week before the next part is posted and even longer still before I know the answers to the numerous questions still buzzing in my head. clap

Last edited by VirginiaR; 04/01/16 08:52 PM. Reason: pronouns... grumble

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Blogger
Blogger
What in the world is going on?
Okay, I see now. Clark's uncharacteristically hesitant because he is vulnerable, knowing he's been rejected and that he can get hurt again at any moment. I'm very picky about characterization, but I think it makes sense nconsidering his sensitivity at this point.
I wonder...has Lois time traveled? Was Tempus behind this? Is that why Lois remembers things she shouldn't? Or is this Lois with amnesia being taken back in time? Somehow, I don't get the feeling that Lois figured out CK=Superman by herself. But if she already has the memories, it's got to have at least something to do with Tempus.
Lois always had so much faith in Superman, even in the darkest of moments. Why didn't she just ask for his help? Why can't she ask for help?
It sounds like Lois has been ordered to find out as much as she can about Clark and then out him as Superman. That would give him pain that wouldn't (hopefully) last forever. It sounds like she has a good reason for torturing him-at least, I expect she does, because Lois is an incredibly loyal person. This would also likely mess up the Utopia. But if she's hurting the Utopia, why does she think she's saving the world? Maybe our worst nightmare has happened: Lex has teamed up with Tempus.
I wonder what saving the world means, exactly. If she's been threatened, surely it's something Clark could handle? Does whoever it is have kryptonite? But even then, wouldn't she come to Superman for help? He always finds a way. This cruelty on Lois's part is hard to swallow especially considering Claude's way of using her. And maybe that's why it hurts so much-not only is he her friend, and the most deserving person she knows, but she knows exactly what she's doing to him. For that reason I'm hoping that "save the world" means that there are lives at risk. It's a delicate balance-I won't like a cruel Lois, because she isn't cruel. But I'm will to gamble on this unfortunate Lois because if Clark suddenly lost his superpowers and the same situation happened to him, he would do the same. It might tear him apart just as much as it is Lois, but he'd do the same. I think even Lois would understand and forgive him in time.
Clark doesn't have the history or trust issues that Lois has, but he is afraid of being rejected. I want to be able to forgive Lois-but even more, I hope Clark can, too.
I was really set on Tempus, but after thinking about it, Lex Luthor has to be involved. Why else would all this happen right after she says no to Luthor?

The irony here is that Lois probably needs Superman now more than ever, and she just can't have him. I feel so much for those two. This one act of evil will probably kill Lois even more than it will Clark; I'm counting on you to protect and fix them after whatever traumatizing event ends Lois's deceit.

I was so excited for this chapter that I had to read it twice. I'm loving your style even more-there's a mystery here, and the emotions are revealing it piece by piece. I can't wait for more!

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
mecry Poor Lois. And poor Clark! I'm also leaning towards Tempus, but I don't know... It just doesn't feel 'childish' enough for Tempus... Feels less like a bad Bond villain, more like a genuinely scary individual. So maybe it is a Tempus/Luthor effort, or maybe you're one of the people who can actually make Tempus as scary as he could be (but is seldom portrayed). Or maybe I'm on the wrong track entirely, but whatever the case, I'm loving the ride notworthy

Kerth
Kerth
I liked it.

That's all you get, Anti-K. Oh, I could write more. I could have this as a word document and coo at every line, desperately trying to express with a fraction of your skill for words just how much I liked it, how I was drowning in this world with every line. I could admit how slowly I read this, letting the vision play out in my mind, savoring phrases, devouring hints, feeling every nuanced emotion you so eloquently described.

But I will not. Because right now, I'm flopped on the floor, kicking and screaming in a toddler's tantrum. Because I came to the end of the part. Because I am not five parts ahead. Because I know that on your computer, you have so much more, and that I am stuck waiting with my tongue out underneath a faucet, parched and yearning for one more drop of water that won't come for another week.

mecry wallbash mecry wallbash

Susan, who wants more NOW! smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
At first I was not sure she had found out the secret, but that became clear. The question now is how did she find it out. confused How can she have flashes of things that did not happen (at this time and in this universe)? And why is she so determined to make Clark suffer? I though it was because she was hurt (after being rejected by Superman and finding out he is Clark) but it seems there's a lot more to it than what we've been told so far. And what did she mean with saving the world? huh wallbash

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well...Hmmm. jump notworthy jump notworthy

You have me so confused, but also, so utterly entertained and intregued. It's quite the combo--especially sitting here, on the couch, with a cat in my lap, a quilt over my legs, and the reality check that being 2:00 am, my alarm will be going off in just a few hours thud ...And the honest realization that, really, I could care less about the sleep--if only I could just make sense of this situation! clap

To recap:

First chapter--figured maybe there was a bigger issue, but really just hoped for Lois being worried about her true feelings love.

Second chapter--worrying about world-ending problem that Lois is trying to fix, but fix by deeply hurting Clark shock (who she seems to be falling for by the moment wink ). Oh, and then there's maybe an amnesia issue? Quite potentially a time travel situation? And yes, let's throw in (I'm guessing) two bad guys--Lex and Tempus?

Things got sorta not good sorta really quick! evil wildguy devil notworthy

I'm finding myself tranfixed and living for those little glimmers of reality--where Clark lets himself feel what he is really feeling, where Lois is her unscripted, inhibited self. Where you can see them truly falling for each other.

I just hope the plot doesn't pull them apart in the meantime eek.

This is amazing!
Laura

Oy--and now to be caught up...waiting, impatiently pacing, hoping to be surprised with an early post grovel.

Last edited by LMA; 04/06/16 03:17 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I love all your theories and thoughts, VirginiaR! To me, a good story is one that makes you think, so when I see all the time you put into your comments, it makes me feel like I'm doing something right (and also that you're a very thorough reader, which is also really great because it keeps me on my toes). Thanks for the awesome compliment in saying that too much isn't revealed all at once -- I always feel like I let everything slip far too early, so this was a great treat to read! sloppy The flashbacks are fun to put in, especially since it's giving me an excuse to watch through the show again -- just to find the best 'flashbacks' to use, of course.

I'm picky about characterization too, AnnieL, so I love your comments. I try very hard to stay true to the characters that I loved enough to start writing in the first place, and I'm glad that Clark's hesitance makes sense. To me, when it comes to what Clark personally wants, he gets the mentality of being stuck between a rock and a hard place, where he wants to do the best thing and is always second-guessing himself on whether his desires and the 'best thing' match up. And we all know that when Clark starts overthinking things, it can lead to him getting in some pretty sticky situations! This IS a really sticky situation for poor Lois and Clark, which is why I immediately had to start writing it as soon as I thought of it (the weird, sadistic turns of a writer's mind, I guess). smile I love all your thoughts, but I hope you understand if I choose not to answer them!

So glad you're enjoying, Bean22! Tempus and Luthor together would be a pretty frightening team-up! I can, of course, neither confirm nor deny...

Wow, groobie, I really wish you had decided to say more than that you just liked it -- sounds like it would have been sufficient to keep my head swelled for quite a while! smile I am sorry about the tantrum, though; it's really not purposeful torture. There's nowhere near five chapters ahead on my computer; right now, I'm trying very hard to stay one chapter ahead, so...hmm, don't know if that will make you feel any better, though. blush

So many questions, Ultra Woman -- and there are answers! I, uh, just have to find time to write them all out...

Ouch, LMA, I know what it's like to go on only a couple hours sleep, so I do sincerely hope the chapters are worth it! I'm glad it's intriguing enough and that the twists are keeping you thinking (even if I do feel a bit bad for stealing sleep from you). Those 'glimmers of reality,' as you so aptly termed them, are kind of my favorite things to write so far, too.

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man, this is a twisted tale! smile1 I am shaking my head and wondering what kind of story this is going to end up being!

Keep writing! Yours truly will keep reading!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Trust me, I'll gladly embrace lack of sleep to get to read one of your chapters, Anti-K smile! So worth it!

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/12/16 01:02 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I should have known better than to read another chapter tonight. You've completely broken my heart. Forget what you're doing to our heroes. You've destroyed me. (In a good way - I love how you get me so invested in your stories!)

So...clone Lois with flashes of Lois' memories? Time travel? Alt-dimension Lois? Tempus? Wells? Luthor paired with Nor?

You are absolutely killing me!

I'll have to check out the next chapter soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hopefully a good story, Morgana, even if I’m braving it without your excellent betaing skills! smile

Good to hear, LMA, because as we’ve probably all realized by now, I’m absolutely incapable of writing a short story, so there will probably be lots of late-night updates from me for a while.

Sorry, DC – I totally meant to destroy the characters, but not you! Uh, kind of, anyway. whistle That’s a lot of options you came up with – Luthor paired with Nor sounds scary!

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am so confused. After I read this I read part 1 and saw Lois saying lots of things just leaving it open for Clark to tell her more about how he is SM, like "Superman has not even told me his real name." Also the dig about Superman not loving her makes more sense if she knows SM=CK.

The process of how she knows anything is not making sense though, or what happened.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard