Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Honestly, when I finished the story last month it was really finished! But this kept gnawing at me for days. What exactly were Clark and Lana talking about? Why didn't Lana retaliate? Hope the epilogue answers all your questions! hyper

By the way, I have to thank KatherineKent for helping with this story, she did the beta turnabout in record time! Thanks KK!

Comments as always are much appreciated!

Last edited by Morgana; 04/08/16 08:08 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
This confused me a bit at the beginning until I figured out where you were going with it. Part 3 from Lana's perspective. Very interesting and just about what you would expect from Lana. At least she had the courtesy to not dump Clark at the exhibit and go home with Daae. But at least now she knows what her next target is...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
MikeM

The later part of the epilogue is told from her perspective. Lana thinks Daae will be easy to handle, but she has no idea what kind of a man he really is. As I see it, they are perfect for each other.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
I
Blogger
Blogger
I
This epilogue is an exclamation point to an already wonderful story from start to finish. You truly wove one quite descriptive tale. notworthy

This filled in the blanks after Clark's dance with Lois as his alter ego and the time when Lois arrived at his place banging on his door perfectly. Nice to have Clark's perspective between that time, as well as his thoughts on Lana.

Plus, you included insight to what Lana was thinking which was a twist but spot on.

Truly this was a wonderful piece of work and thank you for sharing it with us!!! smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lana obviously got a different sensation from Daae.
You bet. spider

I’m moving to Chicago and you are coming with me!”
What?? Prepotent, aren't we? razz

I don’t want to start over. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my life here.”
Maybe he had not been clear enough. Lana obviously had a different view about their situation. Possibly it was like Mayson - she gave signals that she wanted a relationship and Clark didn't say anything to the contrary, so she imagined he was ok with it. I believe it was the same with Lana - she insinuated they were much more than friends and Clark didn't say anything to contest it (he just negated it when she was not with him). [Linked Image] He attended events with her, took her to the movies, spent time with her, so, in her mind, she must have believed they were in the way to a relationship. It was a bad Clark's trait: even when he was not interested he was unable to put a stop to women's advances for fear of hurting them. And it led them to believe they had a chance with him. wallbash

Finally Lana said, “So the Daily Planet and Metropolis itself are not what’s keeping you here … it’s Lois Lane.”

I don't know how she got that conclusion from what he said... huh Maybe she put other pieces together.

It was funny how hearing that Swiss accent felt so right. Even now, as she turned out the lights the soothing tones felt comfortable and easy, much more so than Clark’s rumbling voice.

She's a goner... thud

It was great fun for them to be together … even if he occasionally ducked out on her with the most ridiculous excuses she ever heard.
At least in this universe he didn't tell her the secret. Phew! [Linked Image]

He had ‘hinted’ at having a little company for the trip.

Oh, how subtile of him. [img]http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/images/smilies/rolleyes[1].gif[/img]

perhaps she would be going to Chicago later rather than sooner – after a brief stop in Santorini.

Yep, she is a goner. And Clark is free! dance

Thanks for the story and the epilogue. It helped to clarify what Lois interrupted in the wee hours of the morning. laugh

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Loved this! smile

The epilogue really brought the story full circle. And now, I'm really enjoying going back and mentally 'placing' it throughout this timeframe in the story.

Oh Lana! Thinking you could just drag poor Clark with you to Chicago wallbash. Can't you see that he is finally, happily, 'home'?

It sounds like Lana has found her new life...and a new man. Which is all the better for Lois and Clark love.

Great job--so glad that you wrote this!
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
iheartshules

This filled in the blanks after Clark's dance with Lois as his alter ego and the time when Lois arrived at his place banging on his door perfectly. Nice to have Clark's perspective between that time, as well as his thoughts on Lana.

Thanks Stacy! Eavesdropping has always been a favorite (bad) habit of mine, one that has served me well over the years. whistle So I wanted the readers to know exactly what Lana and Clark were talking about at such a ridiculous hour in the morning.

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
UltraWoman

Maybe he had not been clear enough. Lana obviously had a different view about their situation. Possibly it was like Mayson - she gave signals that she wanted a relationship and Clark didn't say anything to the contrary, so she imagined he was ok with it. I believe it was the same with Lana - she insinuated they were much more than friends and Clark didn't say anything to contest it (he just negated it when she was not with him). He attended events with her, took her to the movies, spent time with her, so, in her mind, she must have believed they were in the way to a relationship. It was a bad Clark's trait: even when he was not interested he was unable to put a stop to women's advances for fear of hurting them. And it led them to believe they had a chance with him. wallbash

Definitely a bad trait on Clark's part. But in his defense, he always assured people they were not together and he even told her a time or two; yet sadly, Lana refused to listen. dizzy

Now that she is certain he is with someone else Lana has turned her attention to Gregory Daae. How will that relationship turn out? Hmmm now that's a different kettle of fish which will be explored sometime this year ....

Last edited by Morgana; 04/11/16 07:54 AM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
LMA

Loved this! smile

The epilogue really brought the story full circle. And now, I'm really enjoying going back and mentally 'placing' it throughout this timeframe in the story.

Oh Lana! Thinking you could just drag poor Clark with you to Chicago wallbash. Can't you see that he is finally, happily, 'home'?

It sounds like Lana has found her new life...and a new man. Which is all the better for Lois and Clark love.

Great job--so glad that you wrote this!
Laura

Yeah, it was time for Lana to move on and let everyone else move on as well!

Thank you for the kind comments!

Morgana

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Morgana!

The night didn’t start off that way. Around 6:00pm he and Lana were attending another glossy event that had been put together by the Metropolis Museum
Ah, that’s the evening from Clark’s POV?

The beginning and the middle of the evening had been quite different. Nonetheless it was the end of the night that made it special … very special indeed.
[…]
This was the third such occasion he had attended with Lana.
Ah, yes, the third social gathering they attended together. /borrows heavily from the 3rd-date trope/ No wonder he is looking forward to the end of that particular outing evil

At one point, the enigmatic Swiss businessman, Gregory Daae entered the court and the atmosphere of the room seemed to shift.
It must be an indicator of having spent too much time with Lois & Clark when you expect every 9+ figure businessman not named Wayne, Stern, or…hmm, I guess that’s it. Anyway, when you expect them all to have ties to organized crime, aspirations for world domination, or some other nefarious intent.

In a determined mood to conceal his annoyance, Clark put on his best mid-western manners and chatted with them, firmly stating that Ms. Lang and he were old friends from the same town back in Kansas … not involved with one another.
Later…
MATRON #1: This Lana Lang sure bought herself a nice boytoy.
MATRON #2: Yeah…I wonder if she’ll share the service number where you can order more of them.
MATRON #3: And those mid-western callboys are soooo discreet, too.
MATRON #1: Uh-huh.

but due to his own lack of emotions, he was incapable of touching her heart.
Actually, he could very easily reach her heart and touch it. And the lack of emotions is certainly helpful in that regard.
LEX: And so is the sword of Alexander the Great.

The harsh blare of the phone ringing on his nightstand jarred Clark back to wakefulness.
BATMAN: Why I decided to give the police a spotlight instead of my phone number.

“No. This is Lana. Did I wake you? Aren’t journalists always ready to jump a story?”
LOIS: Superman’s a story!

He growled back. “Yes, you did. No, not when we are supposed to be sleeping.”
Funny, how when it had been Lois, he’d already be happily hovering above the bed.

“Life couldn’t be better! I’m moving to Chicago and you are coming with me!”
clap

“Wait. What about the perks? The newspaper job in Chicago will pay ten thousand more than what Perry White is currently giving you!
Yes, but that’s before the extra 20k in kickbacks he gets from all the investigations that don’t pan out. And he doesn’t even have to declare those on the income tax forms…

“Yeah Lana, she’s pretty special …”

Suddenly he heard the sound of banging on his front door. Banging so loud, the sturdy iron hinges were actually rattling.

“Clark Jerome Kent, open this door right now!”
rotflol

He wondered what was so urgent Lois had to come by at this hour of the morning?
Horny?

Lana sank down further in her bed, perhaps she would be going to Chicago later rather than sooner – after a brief stop in Santorini. From Daae’s description, the cliffs sounded positively majestic …
Looks like someone landed on her feet. evil

Nice bow on top of Lois’s POV clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard