Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
Suggs_With_A_Box
Unregistered
S
It's on the forums now. I hope some of you enjoy it.

Last edited by Suggs_With_A_Box; 03/30/16 08:58 PM.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I found this in the comments on Cracked.com, which I thought was relevant:

Florin11+14 15 1
07-25-2016 | 5:11 AM
Superman would not be able to run for president not being a native born american.At most he could be secretary of state.
Reply Hide All
Jiffletta+4 7 3
07-25-2016 | 5:35 AM
Actually, his birth on Krypton predates the establishment of the united states by several millenia, so the natural born citizen clause would not apply to him.
Florin11+2 3 1
07-25-2016 | 5:42 AM
Something tells me they would apply it regardless,since relativity and all would be discounted with Supes being about 30 or so meaning whenever he was born on Krypton his arrival on US soil occured well after the founding of the US.Had Supes touched down back in 1776 then the clause would not apply having him arrive on US soil sometime after 1930,as of 2016 he would have arrived on Earth around the year 1988? the clause applies.
Vtoro+2 2 0
07-25-2016 | 5:43 AM
@Jiffletta He would have had to have been a citizen of the US when the Constitution was made for that to work.
PedanticTwit+5 6 1
07-25-2016 | 5:44 AM
No, Jiffeta, if you were born before the establishment of the United States, you have to have been citizen at the time of the adoption of the Constitution to be eligible to run. That's right in the Constitution, though it hasn't seemed relevant for a long time.

CasualNotice+2 2 0
07-25-2016 | 5:52 AM
Except that he immigrated here well after he ratification of the Constitution and the grandfather clause that allowed the founders to serve as President
giga_gaia+1 1 0
07-25-2016 | 6:33 AM
In either case, Superman could easily run *as* Clark Kent, and Superman could just endorse him. I'm guessing that since Clark Kent has a job, he also has a legitimate (enough) birth certificate. The result would be basically the same.

Clark Kent could even appoint "Superman" to some high-level Cabinet position with approval from the Senate (Secretary of Defense seems appropriate).

The original article is here.

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard