Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#269497 03/25/16 06:09 PM
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I did write this during the same time as I was writing Newsworthy, so the writing styles are very similar. I went back through to change it, but I actually like it with this story a lot since it provides a sense of immediacy and allows us to be confused with the narrator. So, hopefully that doesn't bother anyone!

Obviously, it isn't written yet, but I do have an outline, and I'm guessing it will be 15 chapters or so -- but please remember how terrible I am at guessing these things! If I say 15, it's liable to be 17 or so! smile

I'm actually really excited about this story, coming back to it and remembering how much I wanted to write it way back when. I hope all of you enjoy it too!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
!5 parts? 17 parts? Write on!

I, too, saw BvS:DOJ. Amazing! The critics were so wrong. Great story and symbolism(s). I appreciated the script included a growing and maturing relationship between Clark and Lois. The envelop Martha gave to Lois at the end was so poignant. Truthfully, I never saw that one coming.

Supes Fan.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Great beginning. I'm wondering if something Lex said was the reason for Lois to come running back to Clark. Keep it coming! clap

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story deserves a little more of a comment from me than a single line.

“Anyway, it doesn’t matter,” she says quickly, the words coming so fast they fall to lay in her wake only to be trampled underfoot when she turns to pace back the way she came. “I told Lex I couldn’t marry him.”

Those few lines are the opening salvo to a battle. One that has three sides: Lois, Clark and Lex. She does not wear her heart on her sleeve for just anyone so I have to suspect that Lex is putting Ms. Lane up to some diabolical. My only hope is that Clark and company figure it out before its too late.

Somebody call Inspector Henderson! Clark is going to need all the assistance he can get. Date indeed!

Great to see you back on the boards. Please send another part soon!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/27/16 08:53 PM. Reason: Additional comments

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
B
Blogger
Blogger
B
Why stop at 17? Better make it 20 to be safe smile1 Great start. Wonder what's going on... I'm inclined to agree with Clark. Is Luthor blackmailing her with threats to Superman? It's not that her logic's wrong, but since when has Lois ever taken the obvious path? Plus, if there's one thing I love about your stories, it's that it's usually more complicated than that. Can't wait for part 2 smile

Blogger
Blogger
Interesting read! Considering the emotional vulnerability here, I think your writing style works well.
I'm interested to see how this will work, since I always thought that despite her trust in Clark, the wedding fiasco was what really solidified it her ability to be open with him. How will the absence of this affect their relationship? Is this something either of them are ready for? Luthor was willing to do anything to get Lois's hand - I'm wondering whether he will end up trying to kill Clark/Superman, like he was already planning to do. What's another drawback, anyway? It only heightens the challenge.
Or is Lois part of a master plan of Lex's that he's scared her into? There are so many motives Lois could have that are unsaid.
A few minor things: I'm a little surprised that Clark wasn't more bitter in the beginning. I'm also not loving his stuttering, since he's usually so firm on his decisions.

I'm excited to see how it all turns out!

Last edited by AnnieL; 03/28/16 07:35 PM.

"I really do believe that we're all put here on this earth, or whatever planet we're put on, to do better than we think we can. To be kind, helpful, generous, and forgiving."
"You know something, CK? She's a class act."
"I've always thought so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome back, Anti-K! Your stories are always welcome!

What is Lois up to? Does she really want to try love with Clark or is he just a consolation prize? Did Lois tell Luthor that the reason she's turned him down is because she's in love with another (meaning Superman)? Does Luthor not believe her and asked who it was and she told him the first dependable person she could think of, Clark? Is she using him to get out of marrying Luthor? Is she using him to make Superman jealous? Is she merely just using him to feel what it's like to actually be loved? (These could all explain her tearful apology.) All of these reasons have Lois using Clark, which makes me feel sorry for him. But, then, again, he's going into this "relationship" with his eyes wide open, knowing that she's using him... just not the reason why.

Will Clark be able to convince Lois that she's lovable, especially by him? Will it be too late by the time Lois has figured this out, and Clark has already told her his pride cannot have him in a relationship where he isn't loved? Curious to see where to head with this.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thank you for the welcome back! RL likes to get in the way of my computer time, but I always find myself coming back to these boards, and it always feels like coming home! love

So glad to find someone else who can't even understand what the critics are talking about, SupesFan! I loved every bit of the movie, but that envelope WAS such a nice touch -- and definitely geared toward making me cry even harder than I already was! blush I'm glad you're okay with lots of parts; I still haven't mastered the art of writing 'short' stories.

That is the question, bakasi. When Luthor's involved, you can never put anything past him, and SOMETHING certainly changed Lois's mind.

Thanks, Morgana! It feels so strange to have a story up without your lovely beta-ing expertise, but I have so little time to myself for writing fanfic that it seemed best to just post as I wrote them. But please know how much I miss your comments! sloppy A battle like you described could get messy really fast!

It might very well turn out to be 20, Bean22! The more I write, the more I seem to get ideas for doing! I was very flattered by your comment about my stories being more complicated than the obvious. A-plot is usually MUCH harder to write than B-plot, which means (since I'm pretty lazy) that I have to work hard to make sure I've got a plot in there somewhere amidst all the introspection -- and your comment really made me feel accomplished! grin

Thanks for the comment, AnnieL (and a belated welcome to the boards!). Relationships have a lot of forks in the road, and I think one of the reasons I keep coming back to this period of the show is that there are a LOT of possible forks here. I'm excited to write about this one, and hopefully you'll enjoy reading it! Thanks for pointing out Clark's hesitance too -- there is a reason for that, since it's always been something I've wanted to highlight about the character of Clark Kent. And it's hard for Clark to maintain a steady level of bitterness toward anyone, even Luthor.

Thanks, Virginia -- I'm very glad you all haven't gotten tired of me! So many possibilities you've brought up! Lois using Clark isn't exactly a new development, or Clark knowing about it, but this certainly does take it to a whole new level. The next chapter might, hopefully, have some revelations. wink

Thank you, everyone! I hope you continue to enjoy!

Kerth
Kerth
I've been out of the country for the past two weeks...what a wonderful surprise to come home to! clap You know how much I love your stories. The writing style with the parentheticals immediately drew me in. What a great set up! I've set a box of tissues next to my computer...there's no way that this is going to go well! LOL I'm absolutely in for the ride! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well, I have to admit, I pretty much threw RL 'stuff to do' out the window this afternoon and decided to dive into the amazing world of one of your stories grin. And I am so much all the happier for it! hyper

WOW!!! clap Just...yeah. WOW!!!

Your ability to take these characters, this story we all know so well, and create so much of an 'experience' while reading words on a screen completely puts me in awe. I am *already* so invested in where this Lois and Clark are heading. Can not wait for more!

And boy, where ARE they heading? evil I do not know. Part of me--like Clark--desperately wants this to be real...we know that they are made for each other, supposed to be together love. BUT...yeah. There are so many things to be suspicious of. I'm finding myself worried that it's some extremely evil Lex-capade of a plan. I'm hoping the suspicion warrants on Lois being totally confused internally about her feelings and is dragging Clark along for the ride of figuring herself out. Again, I just do not know!

But, yes grin !, it is going to be a blast finding out! hyper

Looking forward to it,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Hope you had a good time out of country, groobie -- and so glad you're not tired of the writing style! Not to give too much away, but the tissues might be a good idea. wink (Also, I so miss your beta-ing comments, but life is crazy and I'm barely getting them written and posted and all! frown )

Hey, got someone else to forget about RL stuff, LMA; I'll choose to take pride in that instead of be properly sorry for that. laugh So glad (and maybe relieved) to hear that the first chapter got you invested in the story. I know I've written about this time period before, and I'm always afraid people will get bored with whatever else I have to say about it. Definitely lots of suspicious goings-on here!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting beginning! I'm not really buying Lois' sudden change of heart. Something seems off. I'm not sure if it's her broken "relationship" with Lex or if he's got some hold over her, using her to lure Clark/Superman into a trap.

Oh looky! Two more updates to read! laugh

I do apologize for coming into this one late. I always love and look forward to your stories. I wound up picking up my mom's cold at Easter...and so did my husband and kids. So it was a icky week or so around here, with lots of head congestion and very little ability to focus on reading! (And then my muse backmailed me into writing some things of my own.) Anyway, can't wait to read the rest!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Clark’s not really buying Lois’s sudden change of heart either – which might be a good thing… wink

No problem about being late (you and I both know that it would be the height of hypocrisy for me to say ANYTHING about that, LOL!), especially if it means more stories from you!

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I liked this beginning. I think I read it once a while back, but then I read part 2 and had to go back to this to make things make sense. I realized that in fact I think I saw some things here from reading part 2, but I am still confused.

John Pack Lambert

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard