Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Okay, after watching the preview for the new DC Comics show Super Hero Girls and being thoroughly annoyed that once again a show aimed at girls has followed the same-old formula.

If we were to create a super hero show based in the DC universe, one that would appeal to girls, boys, and teens (and therefore, us adult fans), what would you like to see?

I'll start:
  • Have a core cast of 6 members: 3 women, 3 men (not kids, teens, etc.) adults. (I'm okay with young adults, but it's patronizing that ALL kids shows are populated with kids. I'm so glad that SuperGirl isn't set in high school, too.)
  • These 6 Justice League members work together but have their own (possibly secret from each other) lives outside of the JL.
  • That there are no romantic relationships between any of the members until at least S3. Friendship first!
  • If one of the women/men is scientifically and mathematically minded this doesn't lead to the natural outcome that she/he is also socially incompetent. (This is SOOOOOO overdone.)
  • There can't be any freak outs by the female characters about hair, make-up, or clothes (uniform). If Batman or Superman don't freak out about these things, then the female characters can't either. (SO sick of this theme. SO derogatory.)
  • No CATFIGHTS! (girl-on-girl fights over one of the guys) [Linked Image]

What else would you like to see?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 03/20/16 06:26 PM. Reason: renamed title

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
How about a little real-world friction? At least two of the characters don't like each other. As in, "Wouldn't spend a minute of my life with you socially," but respect each other, work well together and can depend on each other. (Opposed to the much overdone "I don't like you and will jeopardize everyone's lives because I'm childish" garbage.)

Just occurred to me that Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are close to what I'm talking about. At least before the Civil War.

Shallowford

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard