Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Here we are, the end of this little tale. I hope you've enjoyed it. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I didn't see this ending coming! I'm glad that Jor-El has decided to stay on Earth, for Clark's sake, if not for his own. It's a good point that even if Jor-El did build a ship and travel through space, he had no idea where the New Kryptonians ended up. He could've ended up being more alone out in space than here on Earth.

Krypto? lol I've got to say, that's the last name I would've thought he'd choose. OTOH, it's better than all of Lois's suggestions. peep Just ask Ken, naming a super hero isn't easy business. No wonder Clark had a Dicken's of a time coming up with Ultra Woman. That's one of my favorite lines from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, by the way.

Was that downed airliner in Paris the same one Vatman would've rescued? Does this mean that Krypto takes his place as the "new hero on the beat"?

I'm glad Jor-El gave Earth and its people a second chance. We're such a mess we could use all the help we can get! Interesting and fun take, DC. You had us hanging on the edge of our seats with some of those cliffhangers.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia! wave

I didn't see this ending coming! I'm glad that Jor-El has decided to stay on Earth, for Clark's sake, if not for his own. It's a good point that even if Jor-El did build a ship and travel through space, he had no idea where the New Kryptonians ended up. He could've ended up being more alone out in space than here on Earth.

Thanks! I had hoped to make it not obvious at all that Jor would be joining Clark in the superhero business. I can't imagine Jor's isolation while he would be searching for other survivors. Imagine he came across the wreckage of the refugee ship. frown

Krypto? lol I've got to say, that's the last name I would've thought he'd choose. OTOH, it's better than all of Lois's suggestions. peep Just ask Ken, naming a super hero isn't easy business. No wonder Clark had a Dicken's of a time coming up with Ultra Woman. That's one of my favorite lines from Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade, by the way.

Ha! Yeah, I actually spent a long time trying to figure out what name to give Jor. Finally, I thought of the Superman's Dog thing and thought it could be a funny little joke.

Was that downed airliner in Paris the same one Vatman would've rescued? Does this mean that Krypto takes his place as the "new hero on the beat"?

I hadn't planned it that way (I forgot about the Vatman plane to be honest - I really need another viewing) but I like it! So...yes? laugh

I'm glad Jor-El gave Earth and its people a second chance. We're such a mess we could use all the help we can get! Interesting and fun take, DC. You had us hanging on the edge of our seats with some of those cliffhangers.

Thanks, Virginia! It was a fun one to write, and I'm glad I finally got the story out on paper - what a relief to my muse!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally!

Every single time I started to write a comment on this final part of legacy something happen: kicked out of the website, phone rang, cat walked over the keyboard ... you get the general idea.

Anyhow, this was a lovely story and boy it is great to see a happy ending! Jor-El after spending time with his son, fiance and the Kents is slowly but surely finding his way around the planet. Now that he is gainfully employed by S.T.A.R. Labs life will be even more rewarding.

But what's this? He is also joining his son as a crimefighter and one of Earth's protectors? Supercool!

Only one problem - Krypto? He's named a superhero after the dog? thud

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Finally!

Every single time I started to write a comment on this final part of legacy something happen: kicked out of the website, phone rang, cat walked over the keyboard ... you get the general idea.

Anyhow, this was a lovely story and boy it is great to see a happy ending! Jor-El after spending time with his son, fiance and the Kents is slowly but surely finding his way around the planet. Now that he is gainfully employed by S.T.A.R. Labs life will be even more rewarding.

But what's this? He is also joining his son as a crimefighter and one of Earth's protectors? Supercool!

Only one problem - Krypto? He's named a superhero after the dog? thud

Okay, had to laugh at all the ways the forum gods have been messing with you! rotflol

RL can be such a pain, huh? Always gets in the way of ficcing and reading and feedbacking. At least, it does in my house. laugh

Glad you enjoyed the ending. I liked being able to turn a sad story into one of hope. I probably angered Tempus too, what with giving the Earth a new hero and all. I'll take my chances - I adore Tempus as a villain.

Naming superheroes is hard! Krypto was the result of a very long brain searching session and me finally giving up. Ha! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What a wonderful ending clap hyper notworthy...

Really, things couldn't have worked out much better--and I'm so glad! Lois and Clark are both safe, happy, and engaged. Clark has gotten to really know his father--and will be able to continue that relationship into the future. And Jor-El...he's free, he's using his powers and finding a 'greater good'. He's creating a life for himself. And he's going to be working in a lab, creating and discovering (I'm sure) many wonderful things.

I've really enjoyed this story, and diving into this new AU you created. It's so different--to think of Jor-El alive and on Earth. Powers galore and helping Clark when he can. So unique--I love where you've taken us!

Standing ovation to DC clap clap clap...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
What a wonderful ending clap hyper notworthy...

Really, things couldn't have worked out much better--and I'm so glad! Lois and Clark are both safe, happy, and engaged. Clark has gotten to really know his father--and will be able to continue that relationship into the future. And Jor-El...he's free, he's using his powers and finding a 'greater good'. He's creating a life for himself. And he's going to be working in a lab, creating and discovering (I'm sure) many wonderful things.

I've really enjoyed this story, and diving into this new AU you created. It's so different--to think of Jor-El alive and on Earth. Powers galore and helping Clark when he can. So unique--I love where you've taken us!

Standing ovation to DC clap clap clap...
Laura

Thank you! So glad you liked the story. It was pretty fun to write. I loved giving Clark the chance to know at least one of his biological parents.

Things worked out pretty well for everyone, I'd say. Clark got his father and Lois. Lois got Clark. Jor-El got an entire family (Lois, Clark, Martha and Jonathan) and a job I imagine he adores.

Thanks for reading and again, I'm glad you enjoyed the ride! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard