Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just a little bit of silliness that's been sitting in the back corner of my brain for the last, oh, four or five years. Enjoy!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Just in time to get us in the mood for the latest in Superman and Iron Man movies. lol

Great job on catching Tony Stark's blaze fare attitude and spurning authority. Is it just me or did they just set Tony up? By telling him to avoid Coulson, doesn't it just convince him that the guy's okay? I mean, he seems to want to be the opposite of these goody-two-shoes. It would be extra funny if they did that on purpose for the attitude he gave them.

Yes, this shows one of the stark (pardon my pun) differences between Avengers and Justice League... JL is much more serious about protecting themselves and their love ones (Hawkeye excluded).

I could see Pepper Potts and Lois becoming friends... well, now that Lois is a mother of almost 4, maybe not.

Lots of fun and enjoyment. But, I've got to say, Tony was quite a jerk for refusing to speak to Superman.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 03/16/16 02:30 AM. Reason: punctuation.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awesome! Truly awesome. Yes we're friends of S.H.I.E.L.D and the
Flash, etc. No Green Arrow? But he's not super, just hidden. Ach, Felicity, where are you?
Great story
Artemis

Last edited by Artemis; 03/16/16 01:21 PM.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Lots of fun and enjoyment. But, I've got to say, Tony was quite a jerk for refusing to speak to Superman.

I agree, I enjoyed the story very much.

One comment, though. If the timelines are similar, then I could see Tony being a bit peeved that he had no assistance from the JL in his captivity, dealing with backdoor arms dealing, the Obadiah Stane situation.

Besides, they had to know who he was before the press conference--why not approach him before?

Now, if we can just get a fanfic version of the classic DC - Marvel crossover: Superman vs the Hulk!!! (By the way, did you know that Kryptonite produces gamma rays?)

Shallowford
Kerth
Kerth
I think Clark is over-reacting a little - there was speculation right from the start of his career, all that Tony going public does is make it look like nobody can be a superhero and have a normal private life.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Top Banana
Top Banana
A hour later, Bruce calls Nick Fury to tell him know that Waynetech's techs have solved a problem with Fury's flying aircraft carrier and lets him know to expect Stark to show up to check things out any minute now... dance

Last edited by Dandello; 03/16/16 11:21 PM. Reason: typos

Big Apricot Superman Movieverse
The World of Lois & Clark
Richard White to Lois Lane: Lois, Superman is afraid of you. What chance has Clark Kent got? - After the Storm
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
clap Just in time to get us in the mood for the latest in Superman and Iron Man movies. lol

Great job on catching Tony Stark's blaze fare attitude and spurning authority. Is it just me or did they just set Tony up? By telling him to avoid Coulson, doesn't it just convince him that the guy's okay? I mean, he seems to want to be the opposite of these goody-two-shoes. It would be extra funny if they did that on purpose for the attitude he gave them.

Yes, this shows one of the stark (pardon my pun) differences between Avengers and Justice League... JL is much more serious about protecting themselves and their love ones (Hawkeye excluded).

I could see Pepper Potts and Lois becoming friends... well, now that Lois is a mother of almost 4, maybe not.

Hi, Virginia!

I assure you, my timing was simply just good luck and not planned. My muse has been pestering me for a few months to really get moving on this. Of course, she had nothing of substance to offer during said pestering. goofy

Thanks for the kind words. Tony was actually really hard for me to write (one of the reasons I was dragging my feet on getting started). He's arrogant and sarcastic but also really likable (he's my favorite Avenger). Also, I'm only familiar with the movies, not the comics.

They actually did not set him up, though it's funny to think they might have! I didn't intend it that way, but hey, I like your theory! laugh I just thought it would be fun to allude to the inevitable formation of the Avengers.

I think Pepper and Lois could be friends. Though I can't imagine Lois liking the fact that Pepper is with a guy like Tony (pretty much the opposite of Clark). But I can see them chatting about how their guys are always flying off to save the world. wink

I purposefully made Tony a bit of a jerk in not wanting to talk to Superman. You have to think he might have known where the conversation was headed. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Artemis
Awesome! Truly awesome. Yes we're friends of S.H.I.E.L.D and the
Flash, etc. No Green Arrow? But he's not super, just hidden. Ach, Felicity, where are you?
Great story
Artemis

Thank you! All other heroes can be imagined as silent background characters. It was just too much to try to give everyone dialogue. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford

I agree, I enjoyed the story very much.

One comment, though. If the timelines are similar, then I could see Tony being a bit peeved that he had no assistance from the JL in his captivity, dealing with backdoor arms dealing, the Obadiah Stane situation.

Besides, they had to know who he was before the press conference--why not approach him before?

Now, if we can just get a fanfic version of the classic DC - Marvel crossover: Superman vs the Hulk!!! (By the way, did you know that Kryptonite produces gamma rays?)

Thank you!

You make a good point about the JL not being around. I hadn't really thought about the rest of the movie's plot, just the ending/press conference. Now my muse is trying to think of a way to (briefly) handle this when it gets prepped for the archive. (Worked on it all day in my head, nothing works yet.)

They didn't approach him before the press conference because none of them thought he'd go public, most likely.

I'm not overly familiar with the Hulk/any of the comic-verse. So that's a cool little tidbit about the gamma rays. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Marcus Rowland
I think Clark is over-reacting a little - there was speculation right from the start of his career, all that Tony going public does is make it look like nobody can be a superhero and have a normal private life.

Clark? Overreact? What, do you mean he would do something rash, like break up with Lois on the chance that he's a jinx or something? wink

Yeah, he might be overreacting, but when it comes to protecting his loved ones/private life, it's probably better to err on the side of caution.

Tony becoming Iron Man could also be proof that some people have hobbies that are way too expensive. wink

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Dandello
A hour later, Bruce calls Nick Fury to tell him know that Waynetech's techs have solved a problem with Fury's flying aircraft carrier and lets him know to expect Stark to show up to check things out any minute now... dance

clap rotflol

Thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
I enjoyed this story. I haven't seen the Iron Man or Avengers movies and don't read the comics, but I was easily able to follow along and understand the characters. I could certainly understand why Clark would worry that Stark's revelation would draw uncomfortable attention to all of the other superheroes running around the world. Good job! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfect catch for all the characters.

Tony has no clue what a can of worms he has opened up. Pepper will be a target, no matter what he says. Clark was right to bring him up to speed.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
I enjoyed this story. I haven't seen the Iron Man or Avengers movies and don't read the comics, but I was easily able to follow along and understand the characters. I could certainly understand why Clark would worry that Stark's revelation would draw uncomfortable attention to all of the other superheroes running around the world. Good job! thumbsup

Glad you enjoyed it! Iron Man and the Avengers movies are really good. I recommend them. (I didn't care for Iron Man 2, but 3 wasn't bad.)

I think Tony's announcement would totally open the floodgates for the other heroes. Especially for Bats and Supes. Everyone wants to know who they are.

Thanks for reading and I'm glad you could follow it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Perfect catch for all the characters.

Tony has no clue what a can of worms he has opened up. Pepper will be a target, no matter what he says. Clark was right to bring him up to speed.

Thanks. So glad you liked it! Tony's in for a rude awakening, that's for sure!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
What a fun story! You've captured the contrast between Tony and Clark's personalities nicely.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! This was the best crossover I've gotten to read in a while. smile When Tony started blasting Supes, my immediate thought was "How typical of Marvel superheroes: They just can't meet new friends without punching them first." *g*

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
What a fun story! You've captured the contrast between Tony and Clark's personalities nicely.

Joan

Thanks, Joan! Glad you liked it. smile I actually love how completely different Tony and Clark are, so that was definitely part of the appeal in writing this.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Yay! This was the best crossover I've gotten to read in a while. smile When Tony started blasting Supes, my immediate thought was "How typical of Marvel superheroes: They just can't meet new friends without punching them first." *g*

Wow! Thanks for the praise! blush I'm glad it rang true, with Tony taking shots at Clark. I'm only familiar with the Iron Man movieverse, so I had to take my cues from there. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
Once more for the count! So… first The Incredibles. And now…the Starks? Will this be about Littlefinger explaining to Ned how Kings Landing works?

"And now, Mr. Stark has prepared a statement," Colonel James Rhodes said from the podium. "He will not be taking any questions. Thank you."
Oh, look. Tony’s even got his own, personal Colonel as a press secretary. Either that, or he’s under arrest and only allowed to say good bye to the public and his girlfriends.

to grab a photo of the historic moment when the very first of the world's superheroes offered up his secret identity on a silver platter.
To be fair, he’s a playboy and that way, he can get even those women who normally only go for superheroes. You know, the serious, investigative reporter type.

"Yeah, I heard," he immediately said as he accepted the call, knowing exactly who was calling and why. "I'm here, at the press conference. Right. I agree. An intervention is necessary. I'll do it. Can you call the others? Thanks, Bruce."
But what can they do with a man who thinks more with his little helper than his brain.

"What if I don't want to come with you?"
Billionaires go missing or die all the time while in Superman’s company. Just look at Lex Luthor. Larry Luckabee.

"Please," Tony said, his tone of voice suggesting an accompanying eye-roll. "Check Ebay. People are always selling weird stuff on there."
rotflol

Clark shot away as fast as he could go. He needed to disorient the suit's AI system. It simply wouldn't do if Jarvis was able to track where they were heading.
He does realize how GPS works, right?

"Thanks to that little stunt of yours, everyone in the world is going to wonder if the rest of us have secret identities," Clark said, pacing the floor.
That’s paranoid. Everyone already knows that Superman and Wonder Woman are shacking it up in her Greek palace when they’re off duty. And Batman, well…he’s Batman. He either scowls or hangs head down from the ceiling of some cave. While Iron Man, it’s obvious that he’s got a civilian name. Just like no one would assume that a military jet is just going to sit around in a hanger after its done flying a mission or what not. There’s always a pilot.
LOIS: Superman and Wonder Woman, huh?
CLARK: On second thought, maybe the secret identity thing getting formally established might not be such a bad thing after all…

"Oh, like how you wouldn't want anyone to know how you're actually news reporter Clark Kent?"
shock

But if Iron Man was here to stay, shouldn't they all have some level of full disclosure?
They could lock him up in the secret prison underneath the Hall of Justice, couldn’t they?

Maybe the rest of the masses believed your lie, but that shoddy laser work didn't fool me for a second.
laugh

But unfortunately, there's a pretty significant, glaring detail that tipped me off."

"And that was...?" Batman asked, his voice giving away nothing as to his feelings.
They both never smile. And shag Catwoman.

Tony shrugged again, evidently pleased with himself. "Your gadgets. Who else in all of Gotham is rich enough to afford all of those gizmos? The Batmobile alone screams WayneTech."
Maybe Theo Galavant?

"And I am...?" Green Lantern asked in a challenging manner.

"Dunno," Tony said, picking at the fabric of his chair in a bored manner. "You were never important enough for me to worry about.
Buuuuurn!

Now, Wonder Woman...she's someone I'd like to know better."
Is that already sexual harassment at the work place?
TONY: No, I don’t work at the Justice Hall.

"Pig," Wonder Woman muttered, just loudly enough to be heard.
clap

"Sorry, Princess," Tony said, his voice devoid of any apology.
Why do I hear Han Solo in his voice.

"And I do mean Princess...Diana."
laugh

"Oh, and by the way, I'm..."

"Barry Allen," Tony interrupted. "I know."
Like just about half of Central City.

"Yeah," Barry said. "I know you haven't been doing the superhero thing long, but you have no idea what kinds of true evil are out there."
I’m not so sure about that. He’s been in big business for a while, dealing weapons, and working with lawyers. I’m sure he knows.

I mean, aren't you close to Miss Potts?"

"Pepper? Maybe. What's it to you?"

"Don't you worry about what might happen? If you get serious with her...date her, marry her...she'll be the first person your enemies are going to go after.
That’s what her pink suit’s for, isn’t it?

"Just what?" Tony pressed, interrupting. "Because what's done is done. Unless one of you have a time machine stashed someplace, we can't erase the past
CLARK: [Linked Image]

If only H. G. Wells would show up with his time machine, thought Clark. But of course, there's no way of contacting him.
Couldn’t he leave a note on the side of Mt. Rushmore or something? That way, Herb would notice when he pops up in the future at some point.

"Believe me, if I had access to a time machine," Clark said, "there are a lot of things I would go back and change."
Like not break up with Lois for her own good?

"If we make a public statement and say that we don't have secret identities, we'll look like liars," Barry said.
Maybe if the super heroes announced their cover pairings. Like Flash and Green Lantern. Superman and Wonder Woman. Batman and Catwoman. That way, nobody would think they’re living normal lives.

"There's this government agent...Coulson. Phil Coulson. Chances are good, if he hasn't approached you already, that he will. He's got this idea for a superhero team. He's calling it the Avengers Initiative under a department called S.H.E.I.L.D. All of us have been approached, almost from the moment we've first gone public."
Not Director Fury? No wonder they didn’t sign on. And I believe, Batman even laughed when Phil approached him.

"I should make you pay for that," Tony deadpanned, "but I doubt you can afford it on a reporter's salary."
Yeah, right. Drop. Bucket. Ocean. Considering the amount of suits he goes through.

Clark nodded in turn. "Absolutely. Uh...just tell Alfred no seafood. Seafood and Lois are at odds right now."
Preggers?

"Would you like me to contact the authorities to apprehend Superman, once you have landed?"
rotflol

What an unexpected turn of events clap So, where was Superman during the whole alien invasion thing?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard