Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
My parents are visiting this weekend, so I can't be sure I'll get some time to log on. Thus, you get the new chapter a day early! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Detective Henderson is now in Metropolis with his family and he has become a part of the Kent family secret. That's great!

Yes Jor-El is going to stay with his son! That's great news! Why, oh why do I get the feeling that something awful is going to happen to Jordan Kale?

Hey, shouldn't Bernie be in on the secret as well? wink

Hope the parents have a good visit!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Detective Henderson is now in Metropolis with his family and he has become a part of the Kent family secret. That's great!

Yes Jor-El is going to stay with his son! That's great news! Why, oh why do I get the feeling that something awful is going to happen to Jordan Kale?

Hey, shouldn't Bernie be in on the secret as well? wink

Hope the parents have a good visit!

Too soon for Clark or Jor to feel comfortable with Dr. Klein knowing. Down the road, maybe. But not now.

I loved being able to bring in Henderson in this way. I've always liked the idea that maybe he knew the secret.

Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
I like where you've taken this story. Henderson is not only a good cop, but he's becoming a trustworthy friend, as is Dr. Klein - Clark needs these supportive allies. Lois is understanding and patient, and the revelation hasn't come between them or caused significant damage to their relationship. And even Jor-El is beginning to process the emotional pain he has lived with for the past twenty years of captivity and changing his opinion about the people around him. You've written a hopeful and positive story. I look forward to the conclusion. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
I like where you've taken this story. Henderson is not only a good cop, but he's becoming a trustworthy friend, as is Dr. Klein - Clark needs these supportive allies. Lois is understanding and patient, and the revelation hasn't come between them or caused significant damage to their relationship. And even Jor-El is beginning to process the emotional pain he has lived with for the past twenty years of captivity and changing his opinion about the people around him. You've written a hopeful and positive story. I look forward to the conclusion. smile

Thanks, Groobie! I'm glad you're feeling the uplifting aspect of the story. For all the sorrow in his life, Jor-El is finally starting to heal and release that he can still have a great and happy life in his remaining years.

Clark's list of allies is growing. It's always important to have Dr. Klein in his inner circle, and I've always liked the idea of having Henderson in that circle too.

If you liked this chapter, I think you'll like the conclusion. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
peep (peeping in to finally leave some feedback)

Hey DC wave...

I have been wanting to--and meaning to--read the conclusion of this story FOREVER. Finally, and luckily for me, getting to it smile.

I am so happy for Clark that Jor-El is staying! dance hyper dance. To think his whole life that Clark would never know his biological parents--or ever really know about his heritage--and then to find his dad and get to spend the remainder of his life getting to really know and develope a father/son relationship (with his dad) is absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad that Jor-El realized that being around Clark out-weighted whatever he would gain getting off of Earth and finding his people.

And I really appreciate that Jor-El and Lois have gotten to know each other. That Jor-El is starting to understand Clark's love for Lois. As time goes by, as Lois and Clark head towards marriage/etc, the relationship that Jor-El is building with Lois will become more and more important.

Oh--and to have Jor-El go to work at STAR Labs? With Dr. Klein? notworthy Genius! I absolutely love this idea! hyper

Can not wait to read the ending,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
peep (peeping in to finally leave some feedback)

Hey DC wave...

I have been wanting to--and meaning to--read the conclusion of this story FOREVER. Finally, and luckily for me, getting to it smile.

I am so happy for Clark that Jor-El is staying! dance hyper dance. To think his whole life that Clark would never know his biological parents--or ever really know about his heritage--and then to find his dad and get to spend the remainder of his life getting to really know and develope a father/son relationship (with his dad) is absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad that Jor-El realized that being around Clark out-weighted whatever he would gain getting off of Earth and finding his people.

And I really appreciate that Jor-El and Lois have gotten to know each other. That Jor-El is starting to understand Clark's love for Lois. As time goes by, as Lois and Clark head towards marriage/etc, the relationship that Jor-El is building with Lois will become more and more important.

Oh--and to have Jor-El go to work at STAR Labs? With Dr. Klein? notworthy Genius! I absolutely love this idea! hyper

Can not wait to read the ending,
Laura

Hi, Laura! wave

Glad you got a chance to get back to this one.

Clark and Jor-El have had a rough road to get to this point. Especially Jor. It can't imagine what kind of effort it must have taken for him to start changing his mind about Earth so that he could really appreciate all the things he would miss out on with his son if he chose to leave.

And as for Clark - it would have killed him if Jor had left. Even though the Kents are his parents, Jor-El is still his father - now in both name and in practice. It would have devastated him to lose that relationship, even if there was no choice - he'd never leave Lois.

You're right, of course, that Jor and Lois getting along is crucial now. We all know that where there is a dating Lois and Clark, there will be a married Lois and Clark. And not that Lois needs Jor's approval or blessing to marry Clark, it certainly does help things if he does!

Glad you liked how I threw in that Jor-El is going to work with Dr. Klein. I evil genius laughed to myself for basically the whole day between when the idea crossed my mind and when I finally got a chance to put it on paper. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard